Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#75 : June 16, 2013, 03:51:33 PM

Not giving maximum effort can you you seriously hurt in football , for 1 thing....

For another it leaves you with embarrassing film that no prideful player wants in circulation .

No , the Falcons were hoping to enter the playoffs on a high ....if they thought it meaningless the backups would have been playing. Plain and simple.

Exactly and not giving maximum effort is a way to get injured too. Bucs were pissed off. You dont fight back your getting your ass handed to you. Maybe thats indeed what happened but why would any man not fight back??

Hate

Hall of Famer
#76 : June 16, 2013, 03:54:13 PM

We'll just have to agree to disagree. That game carried the same meaning as a preseason game.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#77 : June 16, 2013, 04:00:24 PM

We'll just have to agree to disagree. That game carried the same meaning as a preseason game.

To the outside fan it does. But to a player who wants to win a SB, it should carry a lot of meaning. They are professionals. They should treat every game the same imo. I think thats the kind of passionate players Coach Schiano wants on his team. Guys who cant wait to play football. Even in the 90 degree heat practice in July. Competitors compete, no matter what the conditions. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#78 : June 16, 2013, 04:32:48 PM

To the outside fan it does. But to a player who wants to win a SB, it should carry a lot of meaning. They are professionals. They should treat every game the same imo. I think thats the kind of passionate players Coach Schiano wants on his team. Guys who cant wait to play football. Even in the 90 degree heat practice in July. Competitors compete, no matter what the conditions.

Really? I seem to remember us shutting it down right here in Tampa when we had nothing to play for. Not saying its right, just saying it happens.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#79 : June 16, 2013, 04:37:56 PM

Really? I seem to remember us shutting it down right here in Tampa when we had nothing to play for. Not saying its right, just saying it happens.
were we a great team that year?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#80 : June 16, 2013, 04:38:56 PM

I agree it does happen but thats the difference in attitude that Im talking about. The ones who are winning and winning in the playoffs every year dont take games off. Especially at the end of the season. The patriots, Steelers, GB, NY those teams arent taking those games lightly. Maybe ATL did but it cost them in the end if they did. That was a team many were expecting to be in the SB last year. You dont lose to TB at home before the playoffs if you want to win the SB. You keep that pedal to the medal. But the Bucs were an angry team too. They werent going to go into the offseason losing 6 in a row. They could have and not many would have been surprised they did, but they showed up that day. Maybe ATL didnt but they would have been more in the wrong to not show up. A lot more riding for them than the Bucs IMO.
: June 16, 2013, 04:45:48 PM BucBalla85

Hate

Hall of Famer
#81 : June 16, 2013, 06:09:30 PM

I agree it does happen but thats the difference in attitude that Im talking about. The ones who are winning and winning in the playoffs every year dont take games off. Especially at the end of the season. The patriots, Steelers, GB, NY those teams arent taking those games lightly. Maybe ATL did but it cost them in the end if they did. That was a team many were expecting to be in the SB last year. You dont lose to TB at home before the playoffs if you want to win the SB. You keep that pedal to the medal. But the Bucs were an angry team too. They werent going to go into the offseason losing 6 in a row. They could have and not many would have been surprised they did, but they showed up that day. Maybe ATL didnt but they would have been more in the wrong to not show up. A lot more riding for them than the Bucs IMO.

I agree with all of that HOWEVER Atlanta is not a great team and they lack the killer instinct/leadership of the teams you listed. I believe they relaxed, took us lightly, and got beat because of it.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#82 : June 16, 2013, 06:45:36 PM

What? This is reality. The Buccaners coaches made Biggers the no.1 cb the last few years, not me. It was the coaches who thought he was better than those other guys and made him our no.1 cb, not me. That is all truth.

I dont go into the season expecting disappointment, i just know exactly what i am looking  at.

If you want to have blind faith in this organisation, go ahead, but Im going to evaluate everything for myself.

Must suck living life with a glass half empty mentality

I would not know Hate. I have a positive outlook on life. I am a realist. If the 2012 Buccaneers had the worst pass defense in the NFL would I be expecting them to be great this year? Is Revis's knee going to be 100%? Are we running the same defense that Ronde Barber said we would be crazy to run?

These are the questions that need to be answered. For me, anyway. I guess it's okay for you to have a glass half empty outlook on Josh Freeman. Personally,  I think Freeman needs the support of the fans. This is his make or break year. Look in your mirror before you start pointing fingers.

At least Freeman has proven he can win at the NFL level and you once called him your franchise QB. What has Schiano done to earn my respect? What has Schiano done to earn my support?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#83 : June 16, 2013, 06:59:31 PM

IMO the Falcons wanted to win that game but it was the one game of the year that your boy Schiano won on coaching. Why? ATL studied all 15 Bucs games in preparation for the game and we came out on defense and showed them something they hadn't seen and weren't expecting.

We also played to the strengths of our players. Which brings up a few questions about the other 15 games....like WTF were we doing?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#84 : June 16, 2013, 07:03:30 PM

Can you tell me the last preseason game the team decided to play thier starters the entire game ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#85 : June 16, 2013, 07:25:58 PM

hardly unexpected. ESPN is not really predicting the future or conducting any real analysis.  The more people that discount the Bucs the better. I hope all their opponents feel the same way

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#86 : June 16, 2013, 07:44:58 PM

Our pathetic fans are holding on to a game that meant NOTHING to the other team(except for "pride" and being some type of man).  Bottom line, it was just a paycheck game for them.  So we have some fans that are trying to change that game into 11-5 and a division win this year.  HILARIOUS. 

We ended 1-5 and Schiano was outcoached most of last year.  Again, Morris lowered your bars so far you are pimping a game 16 win against a team that had clinched.

Seriously?  Is that how far we've fallen or how pathetic some of us are?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#87 : June 16, 2013, 07:47:50 PM

how pathetic some of us are?

the irony is just dripping . . . that ^^^ trolling comment by a guy who hangs on a fan message board and posts nonsense for attention . . . wow . . . I literally spit out my drink laughing

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#88 : June 16, 2013, 08:25:52 PM

Keep these young Bucs Humble I don't mind. Have to earn it.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#89 : June 16, 2013, 09:21:30 PM

Our pathetic fans are holding on to a game that meant NOTHING to the other team(except for "pride" and being some type of man).  Bottom line, it was just a paycheck game for them.  So we have some fans that are trying to change that game into 11-5 and a division win this year.  HILARIOUS. 

We ended 1-5 and Schiano was outcoached most of last year.  Again, Morris lowered your bars so far you are pimping a game 16 win against a team that had clinched.

Seriously?  Is that how far we've fallen or how pathetic some of us are?
Seriously?  If I had that outlook of a team before the season started I'd find a new team to root for.  Do you not agree this is the most talented team we've had in a while.  Do you not think the team is moving forward?  You should try enjoying being undefeated at this point and tied for first.  Or root for Pittsburg, New England or maybe the Falcons.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools