Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#150 : June 19, 2013, 03:41:28 PM

Don't you have a bed pan to go clean out ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#151 : June 19, 2013, 04:01:53 PM

Florida Gators play Vanderbilt, same conference every season - no rivalry.

Florida Gators play FSU, different conferences = rivalry.

There's a difference.

I swear we have some of the dumbest fans in the league.  Reminds me when I went to Dominik/Morris' breakfast for season ticket holders and sat down and the dude sitting on the table across from me in Bucs' gears asks "Who is he?" when pointing at Dominik.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#152 : June 19, 2013, 04:26:57 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_rivalries

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#153 : June 19, 2013, 04:50:03 PM

Every team sucks sometimes , but if you play them twice every season its a rivalry

baloney.....Saints, Falcons don't look at our pathetic team as a rival. They look at them as an opponent - and for the most part they look at them as a "W". Don't try to make something up when there's nothing there.
Yeah right cos we didn't win the division in 2002, 2005 or 2007. We didn't injure Abraham last year in something that probably cost Atlanta the Super Bowl. We didn't almost make the playoffs in 2008 or 2010 and in the case of 2008 weren't tied for first going into a late-season MNF game. Nope. Nothing has happened over the last 10 years.

In Verner We Trust

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#154 : June 19, 2013, 04:53:41 PM

Every team sucks sometimes , but if you play them twice every season its a rivalry

baloney.....Saints, Falcons don't look at our pathetic team as a rival. They look at them as an opponent - and for the most part they look at them as a "W". Don't try to make something up when there's nothing there.
Yeah right cos we didn't win the division in 2002, 2005 or 2007. We didn't injure Abraham last year in something that probably cost Atlanta the Super Bowl. We didn't almost make the playoffs in 2008 or 2010 and in the case of 2008 weren't tied for first going into a late-season MNF game. Nope. Nothing has happened over the last 10 years.

so you don't disagree w/ the "twice a season makes a rivalry" statement - ridiculous. It takes more than that. If anything the Panthers-Bucs are rivals due to some hatred amongst weaklings. But other than that, you're making stuff up.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#155 : June 19, 2013, 04:53:48 PM

"something that probably cost Atlanta the Super Bowl."

Link?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#156 : June 19, 2013, 06:20:49 PM

JBF....cost Atlanta the SB??

I rarely disagree with what you have to say, but that is a massive reach IMO.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#157 : June 19, 2013, 06:40:09 PM

Maybe, Chace. But we are rivals with the Saints, Falcons and Panthers .... That's the point. It's been enough of a seesaw division so that all four teams are rivals. As for Abraham, without him they had zero pass rush. So IMHO they would've beaten sf last year if he was healthy and playing well. Not the Ravens though. As for this year, IMHO they take a step back to third behind the saints and Bucs.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#158 : June 19, 2013, 07:11:32 PM

All our games were pretty close with them last year besides the second Saints game. Id say we are rivals with all of them. Every one of those games is pretty heated. I laugh when people say ATL dogged it in that last game last year. Those teams hate each other and these are extremely competitive men. Nobody dogs it in the NFL. Maybe in the preseason. But yea Id say the Bucs definitely have a good shot to beat every team in our division this year. We improved the most I think out of every team in our division. Getting Goldson and Revis was huge for our secondary. Feel like a lot of people are ignoring that fact.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#159 : June 19, 2013, 07:17:55 PM

Spoken like someone who sports pink crocs. Some of us have been around long enough to remember the consistent futility of all three of our division rivals.  That futility carried on much more recently than our own.  Since the late 90's the Bucs have not been consistently a laughing stock.  I'm not arguing the last 10 years have been good. They've been pretty bad but if you recall the 80's and early 90's you'll recall true futility.  The saints were a laughing stock their entire history until they got Drew Brees.  The Falcons... They have quite a few more embarrassments than they do great moments. Mike Vick anyone. None of those Vick led teams ever actually did anything but look fun.  Even the current incarnation of the Falgoons is embarrassing.  I'm looking forward to reveling in another post season collapse in 2013.  You want to say the Falcons and Saints currently appear to be more talented fine.

Here is an interesting statistical look at the idocy of your claims:

Division Titles by team in NFC South history

Tampa (3)
N.O. (3)
ATL (3)
Kitty cats (2)

I wish "fans" like you would man up or just go away.  You make us all look stupid.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#160 : June 19, 2013, 07:24:35 PM

Quote from: morgana
Any rivalry the Bucs have had has been on hiatus for at least 10 seasons, imo.   Eagles were the Bucs rival for several seasons - esp in the playoffs, closing the Vet then opening the Linc.   But since then, nada.

Moron

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#161 : June 19, 2013, 07:24:58 PM

Nothing what you posted supports the idea that any of our division opponents is a rival. Try to stay on topic. - Better yet, don't post.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#162 : June 19, 2013, 07:27:46 PM

Maybe, Chace. But we are rivals with the Saints, Falcons and Panthers .... That's the point. It's been enough of a seesaw division so that all four teams are rivals. As for Abraham, without him they had zero pass rush. So IMHO they would've beaten sf last year if he was healthy and playing well. Not the Ravens though. As for this year, IMHO they take a step back to third behind the saints and Bucs.

I would classify them as division rivals....but the Bucs are not rivals with anyone in the way the Saints and Falcons are rivals. That is a heated rivalry. I disagree that they beat SF with a healthy Abraham. Also, Mike Smith has yet to have a season where he wasn't over .500...I don't see that changing this year.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#163 : June 19, 2013, 07:38:01 PM

Good discussion from 2010 BucNation.com:

Bucs Biggest Rival?

By Nick Shepro on May 28 2010

The Bucs once had great rivalries with the Green Bay Packers, St. Louis Rams, and Philadelphia Eagles. The faces have changed and we no longer play these teams ever year. These days I ask, who do you feel is the Bucs biggest rival. The Atlanta Falcons, our closest NFC foe have been a problem recently with the development of Matt Ryan and Mike Smith's defense. The New Orleans Saints, defending Super Bowl Champions have always given us trouble, especially in 2002. The Carolina Panthers started a mini-rivalry in the early 2000's, and have re intensified it in recent years including Dante Wesley's hit on Clifton Smith last season.

Back when Brett Favre was a Packer we would always have fierce battles in the old NFC Central. We all remember Sapp, and his hit on Chad Clifton. The past two seasons we have beaten Green Bay in Tampa, but is this enough to still consider them a main rival?

Philadelphia used to own us in the playoffs. Well at least until Ronde Barber picked Donovan McNabb and tore down th Vet sending the Bucs to Super Bowl XXXVII. Recent games included Matt Bryant's 62 yd FG to beat the Eagles in 2006. This season the Eagles destroyed us 33-14 at the Linc.

However, to this day my most hated team, and the rivalry I loved the most was the old Rams-Bucs rivalry in the late 90's-early 2000's. The 1999 NFC Championship game crushed me. I thought we had it, and out of nowhere comes Ricky Proehl with a TD catch to take the lead, and eventual 11-6 win. The ensuing drive with the Bert Emmaunuel (no)catch killed me. I was 11 years old and my life was Bucs football. After that game it seemed as though we had the Rams number. The 2000 MNF game, which may still rank as the most exciting game in Bucs history with Warrick Dunn and Shaun King willing us to a 38-35 victory. in 2001 another MNF game, this time in St. Louis, but the Bucs prevailed 24-17. In 2002, the last of the Monday night battles with the Rams, the Bucs once again won 26-14, and would go on to win the Super Bowl that had eluded them for so many years.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#164 : June 19, 2013, 08:12:01 PM

We were kicked out of our old division for realignment. Greenbay, Chicago, Minnesotta and Detroit were our historical rivals even though we sucked in the central Greenbay is still one rivalry fondly remembered for all those Sapp/Favre battles.  You know all this.  Why do you insist on arguing an idiotic point you've already lost.  We had to begin again with realignment so I get that they don't hold the sexiness of Dallas/Giants but there are very few true rivalries in the NFL that aren't division rivalries.  Again see the NFC East as the perfect example of fans who get it.   I'm not arguing there aren't any rivalries outside of divisions (Oakland/Steelers)(SF/Dallas?) most of those even look weak in 2013. 

No I'm pretty sure you just really enjoy sounding foolish. 
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools