Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: when sullivan becomes a hc next season.. « previous next »
Page: 1

buc_on_or_buc_off

Second String

: June 16, 2013, 02:36:10 PM

Who takes over at oc? For freemans sake, it HAS to be someone who can continue where Sullivan left off. At this point it may be between Wanstedt and McNulty. I would imagine Wanstedt would have the upper hand, having the experience. But Mcnulty is Schianos bff and former oc at Rutgers. Who would you guys choose as Sully's replacement, and why?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 16, 2013, 02:44:44 PM

Who takes over at oc? For freemans sake, it HAS to be someone who can continue where Sullivan left off. At this point it may be between Wanstedt and McNulty. I would imagine Wanstedt would have the upper hand, having the experience. But Mcnulty is Schianos bff and former oc at Rutgers. Who would you guys choose as Sully's replacement, and why?

Wannstadt is a defensive coach, wherever he has worked he has been the DC if not HC.  IIRC I don't believe he has ever been a OC.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 16, 2013, 02:47:48 PM

Oh geez...I hear the excuses already for next season...Josh's 4th OC in 6 years.  It's not his fault he sucks.

buc_on_or_buc_off

Second String

#3 : June 16, 2013, 03:19:03 PM

Wannstadt is a defensive coach, wherever he has worked he has been the DC if not HC.  IIRC I don't believe he has ever been a OC.

In that case it seems McNulty is the likely candidate.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#4 : June 17, 2013, 07:06:23 AM

I don't think the Bucs should let Sullivan get away.   Promote him to HC rather than let him leave.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

nitey

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 17, 2013, 07:15:56 AM

I don't think Sullivan is going to get a HC job unless the Bucs are really successful in the post season. Usually after having a lot of head coaching turnover, there is a down year and that should be next season. For 2/3rds of the NFL, they are working on either a head coach with 2 or less years on the job and the one's that haven't been replaced are pretty successful.

However, should that happen, there is no doubt in my mind that it will be McNulty. He was Schiano's first choice over Sullivan when he was hired only Atlanta wouldn't let him go. I'm reasonably sure that if Sullivan was successful enough to become a HC with his current system, I don't think McNulty would change it much.

So, Freeman should have the same system for several years IMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 17, 2013, 07:45:53 AM

I don't think Sullivan is going to get a HC job unless the Bucs are really successful in the post season.

Agreed, I wouldn't think Sully would be gone until after the end of next year. However, I think you're fooling yourself if you think Schiano doesn't have someone on his team or a plan in place for when/if it does happen.

Schiano has a plan for everything, guy is crazy prepared, or what others call too demanding

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 17, 2013, 08:43:06 AM

Player / OC : Mr. Joshua Freeman

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 17, 2013, 10:59:31 AM

More than likely it'll be McNulty. 

He'll probably add and subtract here and there....put a little bit of his touch on it...but for the most part...it'll be the same offense...

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 17, 2013, 11:46:05 PM

Jimmy Raye has been the OC for numerous teams in the past.......including the Bucs.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#10 : June 18, 2013, 12:01:38 AM

Jimmy Raye has been the OC for numerous teams in the past.......including the Bucs.

He's the only offensive coach in the NFL who ever made Steve Young look bad.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 18, 2013, 01:50:52 AM

I hope we don't lose Sully. He's the best coach we have.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 18, 2013, 10:57:35 AM

I don't think Sullivan is going to get a HC job unless the Bucs are really successful in the post season.

Agreed, I wouldn't think Sully would be gone until after the end of next year. However, I think you're fooling yourself if you think Schiano doesn't have someone on his team or a plan in place for when/if it does happen.

Schiano has a plan for everything, guy is crazy prepared, or what others call too demanding
whst evidence do you have if that?  Guy fired half of his staff after 1 year. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 18, 2013, 04:54:53 PM

He's the only offensive coach in the NFL who ever made Steve Young look bad.

lol

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#14 : June 18, 2013, 04:59:32 PM

whst evidence do you have if that?  Guy fired half of his staff after 1 year.

Half the staff? exagerating much? Dont you also have to consider that Schiano was hired extremely late in the offseason and was scraping the bottom of the barrel for his staff?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: when sullivan becomes a hc next season.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools