Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Former Gator Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 84

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#555 : July 07, 2013, 10:05:48 PM

I laughed at giving the jerseys to third world countries.

Can you imagine?  Oh-emmm-geeee Ba ha hahahaha!

Yeah...wear this scumbags name on your back!  I would shudder at the thought of a small group of kids wearing AH jerseys. Ba ha ha ha!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#556 : July 08, 2013, 03:22:35 AM

I think all the Hernandez jerseys should be bought by college teams that don't approve of the way UF excuses its criminal players from any wrongdoing...

Put a silkscreen to the Hernandez Jersey with the quote  "ONCE A GATOR ALWAYS A GATOR" 8)

You seem to have the world's longest grudge list.

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#557 : July 08, 2013, 05:57:25 AM

I think all the Hernandez jerseys should be bought by college teams that don't approve of the way UF excuses its criminal players from any wrongdoing...

Put a silkscreen to the Hernandez Jersey with the quote  "ONCE A GATOR ALWAYS A GATOR" 8)

Who can blame him? For a fanbase that talks about how great their football program is and points to Tim Tebow as a great leader and symbol of the quality of their athletes and especially for the crap the Gator fanbase has talked about Miami's legal issues and Florida State's issues they deserve to wear some of it themselves. Those Gators teams were filled with gang members who would be in jail or deceased if they couldn't run and tackle.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#558 : July 08, 2013, 08:37:48 AM

ACLU is concerned over how Hernandez is being treated in jail...

"Regardless of what you think of Aaron Hernandez, it's important to take a minute and remember he has not yet been convicted in the eyes of the law, he is still innocent until proven guilty," ACLU.org wrote. "But, while awaiting trial, he has been locked alone in a small room with little or no human interaction for over 20 hours a day."

Hernandez could be waiting many months for his trial to begin. Some believe it could take a year. He was denied bail, and then denied again on appeal with the judge citing the strength of the prosecution's evidence and the risk of Hernandez fleeing. He was reportedly being kept away from the general prison population for his safety. The ACLU worries about him being kept in a cell the "size of a parking spot."

The ACLU discusses the "debilitating psychological effects" when a prisoner is extremely isolated. The group uses Hernandez's case to bring attention to the 80,000 cases of solitary confinement of prisoners, saying that it drastically diminishes the chances of rehabilitation. It says that some studies show prisoners released from extreme isolation have higher rates of repeating criminal behavior.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aclu-concerned-aaron-hernandez-being-treated-prison-003203774.html

Runole

Hall of Famer
#559 : July 08, 2013, 09:22:48 AM

Never have cared for those that "CHEAT" to prosper.

I believe there certainly is a possibility that (3) people might be alive today if UF wasn't so enabling with its program and keeping criminal players on the field. Florida has the state's media in its back pocket.

My grudge list is always against that won't allow the truth to be spoken just so they can make money or UF's case win a few more football games.

It is rather obvious with no convictions on many serious crimes in Gainesville involving football players that boosters wallets are opened far to regularly to victims to keep those players on the field.

Between SA Cervone, DA Huntley Johnson, AD Foley, and Bull Gator wallets,,,, "It is always Great to Be a Florida Gator" if you are a football player..

Oh and before anyone states that since Urban Meyer is gone there no longer is a problem  check out the link from the Independent Florida Alligator   You have to wonder how long that publication will be allowed to bring up such topics?

http://www.alligator.org/sports/columns/article_f255f44a-d7d5-11e2-93e8-0019bb2963f4.html

I notice the NY Times and Washington post  have taken notice....  Doesn't anyone else find it strange that  how the state media  soft balls the whole issue and generally puts UF as the poor  victim?  Anyone remember Tank Black?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sports/ncaafootball/hernandez-among-many-arrested-at-florida-in-the-meyer-years.html?hp&_r=1&

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/07/03/aaron-hernandez-updates-link-to-florida-shooting-witness-killed-in-car-crash-jailhouse-wedding-a-no-go/

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#560 : July 08, 2013, 09:52:56 AM

Who can blame him? For a fanbase that talks about how great their football program is and points to Tim Tebow as a great leader and symbol of the quality of their athletes and especially for the crap the Gator fanbase has talked about Miami's legal issues and Florida State's issues they deserve to wear some of it themselves. Those Gators teams were filled with gang members who would be in jail or deceased if they couldn't run and tackle.

I meant beyond the Gators even, I coulve been clearer

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#561 : July 08, 2013, 10:15:24 AM

I don't see why the police is so afraid for his safety. The dip**CENSORED** didn't have any care for the safety of others went he shot people, beat them. He should be let in the general public so they can beat the hell outta him whenever they want.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#562 : July 08, 2013, 11:11:24 AM

I do tend to have a grudge against those that put money above everything and perpetually keep wrongs from being made right for that purpose.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#563 : July 08, 2013, 12:55:07 PM

this aaron hernandez news has runole more giddy than a Bucs victory.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#564 : July 08, 2013, 01:56:01 PM

I do tend to have a grudge against those that put money above everything and perpetually keep wrongs from being made right for that purpose.

and there are a lot of "those" in your view, in all walks of life. that was my point

gone

Hall of Famer
#565 : July 08, 2013, 05:05:32 PM

"Regardless of what you think of Aaron Hernandez, it's important to take a minute and remember he has not yet been convicted in the eyes of the law, he is still innocent until proven guilty," ACLU.org wrote. "But, while awaiting trial, he has been locked alone in a small room with little or no human interaction for over 20 hours a day."

Hernandez could be waiting many months for his trial to begin. Some believe it could take a year. He was denied bail, and then denied again on appeal with the judge citing the strength of the prosecution's evidence and the risk of Hernandez fleeing. He was reportedly being kept away from the general prison population for his safety. The ACLU worries about him being kept in a cell the "size of a parking spot."

The ACLU discusses the "debilitating psychological effects" when a prisoner is extremely isolated. The group uses Hernandez's case to bring attention to the 80,000 cases of solitary confinement of prisoners, saying that it drastically diminishes the chances of rehabilitation. It says that some studies show prisoners released from extreme isolation have higher rates of repeating criminal behavior.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aclu-concerned-aaron-hernandez-being-treated-prison-003203774.html

ACLU should STFU. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#566 : July 08, 2013, 05:51:06 PM

ACLU should STFU.
QFT.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#567 : July 08, 2013, 05:58:40 PM

Innocent until proven guilty? For shame

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#568 : July 08, 2013, 06:00:41 PM

I don't see why the police is so afraid for his safety. The dip**CENSORED** didn't have any care for the safety of others went he shot people, beat them. He should be let in the general public so they can beat the hell outta him whenever they want.

Usually celebs or people in high profile cases are put in segregation because they are instant targets. That's not uncommon. Plus maybe there is concern over his gang affiliations. It has been said that a few of his tattoos are known gang signs. That could lead to problems too.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#569 : July 08, 2013, 06:07:04 PM

After he is convicted.  He's no good to them dead. For now the Commonwealth needs him
Page: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 84
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Former Gator Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools