Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOJ: Gun violence down, semi-automatics a minor issue « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#195 : July 04, 2013, 11:51:31 AM

But I see no reason for the exemption for gun shows or private sales. The technology exists for a licensed dealer to do a background check at a show (hey there is an app for that;)   )

FFL dealers already have to do background checks at gun shows, and they do.

Are there non-FFL sellers/dealers at gun shows?

Yup, but the number of "private" sales I have seen I'm thinking I can count on 1 finger. Make that 0.

So you're saying when IF guns are purchased without a background check etc at a gun show its because an FFL dealer or private seller is knowingly breaking the law?

edited for intellectual honesty

Spartan is the one who said private sales essentially didn't happen and I have posted several articles showing gun sales without background checks at gun shows so its a "when" not an "if"

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#196 : July 04, 2013, 12:22:26 PM

But I see no reason for the exemption for gun shows or private sales. The technology exists for a licensed dealer to do a background check at a show (hey there is an app for that;)   )

FFL dealers already have to do background checks at gun shows, and they do.

Are there non-FFL sellers/dealers at gun shows?

Yup, but the number of "private" sales I have seen I'm thinking I can count on 1 finger. Make that 0.

So you're saying when IF guns are purchased without a background check etc at a gun show its because an FFL dealer or private seller is knowingly breaking the law?

edited for intellectual honesty

Spartan is the one who said private sales essentially didn't happen

No he did not. reread!!

He said "but the number of "private" sales I have seen"

What he said was "at the gun shows he has been at  (note: this is not ALL gun shows, but a very small sampling in a specific state), he has not seen any private sales." Now if a private sale was arraigned to take place at another location (in the parking lot, at the sellers residence, etc.) then he didn't witness it. (and obviously a seller engaging in an illegal sale is going to make sure no one "sees" the arraignment). 

and I have posted several articles showing gun sales without background checks at gun shows so its a "when" not an "if"

You posted ONE LONE article interviewing an admitted criminal that was biased and dubious as to its veracity.

Funny first ZERO= "nearly every" and now 1= several.

amazing
: July 04, 2013, 12:25:18 PM John Galt?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#197 : July 05, 2013, 09:59:52 AM

I know what Spartan said. I phrased the question on his terms. I didn't say I agreed with him. I asked him to explain how his terms could be correct. Also, I didn't post one article. I posted five articles, all from different times and locations. I only pointed out one to you.

Anyway, you can rephrase it however you like. Little ironic though to have a guy suggest my question was intellectually dishonest when that guy seemed to argue earlier that the US was more like Namibia then Canada. ;-)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

spartan

Hall of Famer
#198 : July 05, 2013, 11:31:36 AM

So you're saying when guns are purchased without a background check etc at a gun show its because an FFL dealer is knowingly breaking the law?

If they sell a firearm without a background check, then yes, a FFL dealer is knowingly breaking the law. Obviously.

But, my point in this and my other comment is private gun sales at gun shows, based on my experience are nowhere near as prevalent as some would like to suggest.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#199 : December 18, 2013, 03:12:20 PM

No need ro rehash, review at your leisure.
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOJ: Gun violence down, semi-automatics a minor issue « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools