Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs at Patriots week 3 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

buc_on_or_buc_off

Second String

: June 20, 2013, 07:44:20 PM

Too early for gameday threads? Never! At least not during june. I don't know about the rest of you, but one of my most anticipated games this season is week 3. After a couple weeks of regular season activity, both teams should be in full stride. Obviously, its a big game. You've got the Bill/Greg friendly rivalry thing going on. And going up against one of the best is a good measuring stick to see where we are at in terms of challenging for a championship.
With Gronk and Hernandead playing I would expect a hell of a game and a hard fought heartbreaker. As of the moment it appears Hernandez's playing days are over, or at least on hold for a long time. Gronk will probably come back from injury unhindered, because well.. the guy is a beast of a tight end. But imo, given the loss of Lloyd, Welker, and Hernandez, our Bucs could make a  huge statement to the rest of the NFL, that we have arrived and are a force to be reckoned with. This would set in motion a huge booster shot of confidence and momentum. I'll say  we win it 38-27. Freeman has a huge game as MW19 abuses Talib.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 20, 2013, 07:53:26 PM

Lets concentrate on beating the Jets.  Don't get ahead of the game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#2 : June 20, 2013, 08:36:57 PM

Or maybe even one step further?  A good TC and pre season with no significant injuries.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 20, 2013, 08:47:27 PM

Or maybe even one step further?  A good TC and pre season with no significant injuries.

That too.  A couple guys are done for the year, just from OTA's.  Like Crabtree and a couple other guys.  Stay healthy Bucs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

buc_on_or_buc_off

Second String

#4 : June 20, 2013, 08:58:02 PM

Sorry anti java! You're right! You and I should be gameplanning and going through repetitions and what not. I gotta remember to leave the conversing about exciting games to the fans... /sarcasm

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 20, 2013, 09:07:51 PM

Sorry anti java! You're right! You and I should be gameplanning and going through repetitions and what not. I gotta remember to leave the conversing about exciting games to the fans... /sarcasm

Knock yourself out.  I will wait a bit,  to find out what the final rosters even look like.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 20, 2013, 10:38:16 PM

+1

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#7 : June 20, 2013, 10:58:04 PM

+1

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 20, 2013, 11:25:27 PM

They shouldn't be too worried about the jets for a whole bunch of reasons.

1) they don't have a good QB. Geno is a whiner baby rookie, and the "Dirty" has never been that good to begin with.
2) revis. Regardless of whether or not revis is 100%, he has the down low on the jets defense. I'm sure he won't have the same hang-ups about sharing them like nicks.
3) what RB on their roster is going to put the smack down on last years very solid run defense? Right.
4) how exactly are they going to stop Doug? They can't.
5) how exactly are they supposed to stop long bombs to VJ and MW? Again, they can't.

The jets game is so lopsided its not even funny. Honestly, most of the concentration should be centered around games two and three. Because it's a winnable game regardless of scheme, and losing to them could still be considered a "fluke." Losing to a team like the Pats lets your team know exactly who they are, losing to a team like the jets just ticks your players off.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 20, 2013, 11:27:43 PM

The Patriots have Tom Brady still and thats really all that matters.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 20, 2013, 11:29:35 PM

but is he able to catch his own passes?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 20, 2013, 11:31:16 PM

They shouldn't be too worried about the jets for a whole bunch of reasons.

The jets game is so lopsided its not even funny. Honestly, most of the concentration should be centered around games two and three. Because it's a winnable game regardless of scheme, and losing to them could still be considered a "fluke." Losing to a team like the Pats lets your team know exactly who they are, losing to a team like the jets just ticks your players off.

Thinking like that could be the reason they lose that game. The only game they should be concentrating is one coming up. As fans it's easy to look ahead but the team shouldn't.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 20, 2013, 11:36:31 PM

He won multiple SBs throwing to guys like Troy Brown and David Givens, I'm convinced it doesn't matter who is throwing to. They will look good.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 20, 2013, 11:41:55 PM

He won multiple SBs throwing to guys like Troy Brown and David Givens, I'm convinced it doesn't matter who is throwing to. They will look good.

+1000000

Look at all the great QBs.  They all made their WRs look good.  Rice may be the exception. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 20, 2013, 11:44:36 PM

I think Brady is great, but they haven't won since spygate. And he's not gonna have much chemistry with his receivers.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs at Patriots week 3 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools