Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO MOURNS THE LOSS OF ACTOR JAMES GANDOLFINI « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: June 20, 2013, 02:57:16 PM

Actor James Gandolfini, best know for his portrayal of mob boss Tony Soprano, passed away on Wednesday unexpectedly at the too young age of 51. Gandolfini was a Rutgers alum and supporter of the university during Bucs head coach Greg Schiano's time in New Jersey. Schiano, who is on vacation, released this statement just a few minutes ago.

I am sad to hear of the passing of Jim Gandolfini. He was a great supporter of Rutgers Football long before it was fashionable to be so.  His generosity in helping us lent relevance to our football program at a time when it was desperately needed. In addition to his acting acclaim, he will be remembered by all Rutgers people as a compassionate alum and a great New Jerseyian.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 20, 2013, 03:38:09 PM

I know this is a bad joke, but when he died, was it anything like the end of the...

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : June 20, 2013, 05:45:49 PM

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 20, 2013, 08:02:16 PM

Hell of an actor. And by most accounts,  a pretty nice guy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : June 21, 2013, 01:44:24 PM

Better guy than actor by all accounts.   I'm not so sure that his portrayal of Soprano was a stretch for him.  The other parts that I've seen him in Zero Dark Thirty didn't allow him to show his skills much.

Listened to Chris Matthew's MSNBC show last night and he really seemed to memorialize and glamorize Tony Soprano's character instead of Gandolfini.   

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036697/ns/msnbc-hardball_with_chris_matthews/vp/52267864

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#5 : June 21, 2013, 03:13:56 PM

Better guy than actor by all accounts.   I'm not so sure that his portrayal of Soprano was a stretch for him.  The other parts that I've seen him in Zero Dark Thirty didn't allow him to show his skills much.

Listened to Chris Matthew's MSNBC show last night and he really seemed to memorialize and glamorize Tony Soprano's character instead of Gandolfini. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036697/ns/msnbc-hardball_with_chris_matthews/vp/52267864
Chris Matthews?  That figures.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO MOURNS THE LOSS OF ACTOR JAMES GANDOLFINI « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools