Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aaron Rodgers takes a shot at Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#195 : June 25, 2013, 08:51:43 PM

Simms offered that Gruden wanted to release him at the start of last season but the Glazer family intervened and made sure he had a spot on the roster, forcing the Bucs to keep four quarterbacks.
A 2008 quote about the 2007 season?

...about a QB that Gruden didn't want in the first place... 5 years later...

Gruden tried to get any QB not named Chris Simms by any means possible.  But somehow, he didn't want the guy that he told he was going to pick in the draft?

"I know for a fact I'm not in their plans. I don't understand the hold up at this point. When Bruce Gradkowski got cut last week, Bruce Allen told him it was because there's not enough reps in practice for every quarterback. It's a crappy situation.

I'd have to agree.

Hoist the Battleflag

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#196 : June 25, 2013, 09:04:28 PM

And what's that have to do with not drafting aaron Rodgers?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#197 : June 25, 2013, 09:08:36 PM

And what's that have to do with not drafting aaron Rodgers?

Same reason they didn't get Brett Favre in '08?  Simms had the boys on his side.

"I had a number of people tell me in the organization the Glazers basically made sure I wasn't released," Simms said. "That's the hardest part of this whoile thing. The Glazers are a great family. They're very caring human beings. I respect them in so many ways.'

Hoist the Battleflag

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#198 : June 25, 2013, 09:11:58 PM

So Gruden wanted to draft Rodgers in 2005, but the Glazers wouldn't let him because of a 2003 3rd round QB who at that point had started two games?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#199 : June 25, 2013, 09:15:47 PM

So Gruden wanted to draft Rodgers in 2005, but the Glazers wouldn't let him because of a 2003 3rd round QB who at that point had started two games?

He did have a daddy... But, I think money figured in to it.  They couldn't afford a pittance to bring Jeff Garcia in back in '04 when Brad wanted more money.

Hoist the Battleflag

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#200 : June 25, 2013, 09:28:04 PM

I don't know about some massive conspiracy but there were several years when it seemed as if we never went after any top tier FAs.  We're in a position right now to have some good seasons and a lot of that is due going out and picking up some really nice FAs.

and at least trying to get a franchise back and drafting decent.  The starting offense has drafted or developed Martin Freeman, Williams, Penn, Zuttah, Dotson, Joseph, Stocker, depth etc. The defense drafted Bowers, GMC, Clayborn, Dline depth, Foster, David, (Watson?), Barron, Banks, (Johnson, Tandy, Black, Gaitor)

It may not work out, but the personnel approach, over all, has been pretty much the anti-Gruden/Allen approach, which I dont think is to be unexpected as team should try to improve upon their shortcomings. Even now with free agents, the Bucs have chose to pick a few big time guys,as opposed to stop gaps. that is really anti-Gru/Allen

Hate

Hall of Famer
#201 : June 25, 2013, 09:41:46 PM

It was a massive conspiracy, the Glazers fleecing the Bucs for years to pay for ManU ...screwing over and firing a GM and HC in the process .. A
a conspiracy that spanned 4-5 years and two continents ..in the high profile sports world... And yet since those days not a single person ... present or past player,coach, employee,security guard, investment banker, trainer, equipment guy, mailman, secretary, cleaning crew. IT guy, accountant, agent, NFL employee, investor, scout, whistleblower, disaffected employee, or jilted loved .. Has come forward ... On or off the record, deep background or anonymous source ... No one ... Nada ... Zilch

Oh yeah, but it's true. :-)

Of course it is.... i read it on the internet!!

-------------------------------------------------------

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#202 : June 25, 2013, 09:43:41 PM

It was a massive conspiracy, the Glazers fleecing the Bucs for years to pay for ManU ...screwing over and firing a GM and HC in the process .. A
a conspiracy that spanned 4-5 years and two continents ..in the high profile sports world... And yet since those days not a single person ... present or past player,coach, employee,security guard, investment banker, trainer, equipment guy, mailman, secretary, cleaning crew. IT guy, accountant, agent, NFL employee, investor, scout, whistleblower, disaffected employee, or jilted loved .. Has come forward ... On or off the record, deep background or anonymous source ... No one ... Nada ... Zilch

Oh yeah, but it's true. :-)

Of course it is.... i read it on the internet!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#203 : June 26, 2013, 09:02:23 AM

Same reason they didn't get Brett Favre in '08? 
Also, Brett Favre didn't go to the Bucs in 2008 because the Packers didn't want him in the NFC. It had nothing to do with the Glazers.

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aaron Rodgers takes a shot at Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools