Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aaron Rodgers takes a shot at Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 23, 2013, 02:34:12 PM

I really believe a  lot of Rodger's play comes from spending all those years behind Favre. I'll put my money on the fact that Gruden would have **CENSORED**ed up this kid one way or another.

Still would be a much better pick than the 3rd best RB in the draft at #5.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 23, 2013, 03:08:46 PM

I really believe a  lot of Rodger's play comes from spending all those years behind Favre. I'll put my money on the fact that Gruden would have **CENSORED**ed up this kid one way or another.

When you really give some thought to what transpired, there is no other way to describe it than stupid!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 23, 2013, 03:13:54 PM

When you really give some thought to what transpired, there is no other way to describe it than stupid!!!

Perhaps... forced?  There is no logic to explain flying out to California to put on a dog'n'pony show with Jerry Rice if you don't intend to draft him.

They (Gruden and Allen) needed/wanted a QB.  ManU money said no.  Trade made for McCown the next day?  They were told to go cheap.  It wasn't the last time that happened...

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 23, 2013, 03:29:01 PM

"Jeff Reynolds of Pro Football Weekly predicted Williams was the rookie most likely to have the greatest impact in the 2005 NFL season, writing that "at the Senior Bowl, Jon Gruden was salivating over this kid."

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 23, 2013, 03:48:12 PM

Perhaps... forced?  There is no logic to explain flying out to California to put on a dog'n'pony show with Jerry Rice if you don't intend to draft him.

They (Gruden and Allen) needed/wanted a QB.  ManU money said no.  Trade made for McCown the next day?  They were told to go cheap.  It wasn't the last time that happened...

Not buying it.... Gruden was sent home for not developing a QB of the future.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 23, 2013, 03:50:38 PM

Allen went off on the Glazers for not spending money.  He got fired for it... Gruden too.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 23, 2013, 03:51:43 PM

Respectfully disagree.  Favre couldn't stand Rodgers and viewed him as a threat to his job. He even came right out and said, its not my job to mentor Rodgers.  Favre's final year or two in Green Bay, he wouldn't even speak to Rodgers. 

Now just in the last month or two,  Favre is trying to get back in the good graces of the Packers organization.  He has come out and said, Rodgers is great, and will most likely break all of his records.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 23, 2013, 03:54:57 PM

Allen went off on the Glazers for not spending money.  He got fired for it... Gruden too.

Look at the crap they were spending money on.... Allen wasn't fired soon enuff!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 23, 2013, 03:58:14 PM

Respectfully disagree.  Favre couldn't stand Rodgers and viewed him as a threat to his job. He even came right out and said, its not my job to mentor Rodgers.  Favre's final year or two in Green Bay, he wouldn't even speak to Rodgers. 

Now just in the last month or two,  Favre is trying to get back in the good graces of the Packers organization.  He has come out and said, Rodgers is great, and will most likely break all of his records.

And if someone is gonna pick a QB to learn from, Favre ain't it.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 23, 2013, 04:01:20 PM

He did?  I honestly don't recall that, but it may have happened.  Do you have a link because that is one thing I have not seen, but would love to see.

For what its worth, even the contract for a QB at #5 would not be so much in the context of either the Bucs budget or financing for ManU. If one accepts the premise that the two were linked, the ManuUdeal was not going to unravel because the Bucs had to pay $15-20 million to a player  I think Smith got 20-22 million guaranteed, so I am not sure what Rodgers would have gotten, but its not that much in the scheme of things.  By way of example,in 2005-06 the Glazers built OBP, that probably cost $10-15 million?  If the two were linked OBP gets put on hold or downsized, right?

Frankly, I am skeptical of anything Allen says, so I am not saying these are his true feelings, but they are far from critical:

"During the Al Davis celebration it dawned on me how much I have learned from the NFL owners for whom I have worked. The Glazers of Tampa Bay are an extremely loyal and honest family, and are becoming the leading experts on sports franchise ownership around the world thanks to their time with Manchester United. Similar to the Davis family, they have a burning desire to win on the field (or pitch)."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/07/08/guest-mmqb-bruce-allen/index.html#ixzz2X4XITdc5
: June 23, 2013, 04:13:29 PM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 23, 2013, 04:02:54 PM

I don't think that there is any doubt that sitting for a few years and learning the ins and outs of being a professional football player, without having the pressure of playing on Sunday, benefited Rodgers. That is not taking anything away from him though. He is the best QB in football right now, or at least tied with Brady. The swagger and skill he plays with is just silly. Should he win a couple more Super Bowls, we may be calling him the best of all time.

It does suck to think that the Bucs had a shot at him and passed, but he was passed up on 23 times before the Packers took him. It is the mystery of the NFL draft.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 23, 2013, 04:09:04 PM

It does suck to think that the Bucs had a shot at him and passed, but he was passed up on 23 times before the Packers took him. It is the mystery of the NFL draft.

The other teams that passed on him haven't been lookin for a franchise QB like we have since....forever!!!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 23, 2013, 04:15:35 PM

I don't think that there is any doubt that sitting for a few years and learning the ins and outs of being a professional football player, without having the pressure of playing on Sunday, benefited Rodgers. That is not taking anything away from him though. He is the best QB in football right now, or at least tied with Brady. The swagger and skill he plays with is just silly. Should he win a couple more Super Bowls, we may be calling him the best of all time.

I think he would of been good if he started his rookie year.  He set all kinds of records at Cal.  He didn't get recruited very hard coming out out of high school, because of his size. He was only 5-10, 165lbs. coming out of high school.  But sprouted up to 6-2, 225lbs very quickly. Another thing is the dude is a brainiac.  I don't have the numbers in front of me, but he damn near aced the SAT's.  And had a 4.0 GPA at Cal.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 23, 2013, 04:19:50 PM

Wunderlic Scores:

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick 48
2. Alex Smith 40
3. Eli Manning 39
4. Matt Stafford 38
5. Tony Romo 37
6. Aaron Rodgers 35
6. Matt Leinart 35
8. Tom Brady 33
9. Matt Ryan 32
10. Matt Schaub 31
11. Philip Rivers 30
12. Matt Hasselbeck 29
12. Marc Bulger 29
12. Brady Quinn 29
15. Mark Sanchez 28
15. Peyton Manning 28
15. Drew Brees 28
18. Josh Freeman 27
18. Joe Flacco 27
20. Carson Palmer 26
20. Jay Cutler 26
20. Kyle Orton 26
23. Ben Roethlisberger 25
24. Jason Campbell 23
25. Brett Favre 22
25. Tim Tebow 22
25. Chad Henne 22
28. Bruce Gradkowski 19
29. Vince Young 15
30. Donovan McNabb 14
30. David Garrard 14

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 23, 2013, 04:23:25 PM

Wunderlic Scores:

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick 48
2. Alex Smith 40
3. Eli Manning 39
4. Matt Stafford 38
5. Tony Romo 37
6. Aaron Rodgers 35
6. Matt Leinart 35
8. Tom Brady 33
9. Matt Ryan 32
10. Matt Schaub 31
11. Philip Rivers 30
12. Matt Hasselbeck 29
12. Marc Bulger 29
12. Brady Quinn 29
15. Mark Sanchez 28
15. Peyton Manning 28
15. Drew Brees 28
18. Josh Freeman 27
18. Joe Flacco 27
20. Carson Palmer 26
20. Jay Cutler 26
20. Kyle Orton 26
23. Ben Roethlisberger 25
24. Jason Campbell 23
25. Brett Favre 22
25. Tim Tebow 22
25. Chad Henne 22
28. Bruce Gradkowski 19
29. Vince Young 15
30. Donovan McNabb 14
30. David Garrard 14

Interesting.  I can't say I am really surprised by the names at the top of the list.  Or the names at the bottom of the list.  And Freeman is right where he belongs, middle of the pack.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aaron Rodgers takes a shot at Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools