Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aaron Rodgers takes a shot at Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#45 : June 23, 2013, 04:25:32 PM

Fitz crushing it, isnt that out of 50?

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#46 : June 23, 2013, 04:27:27 PM

It does suck to think that the Bucs had a shot at him and passed, but he was passed up on 23 times before the Packers took him. It is the mystery of the NFL draft.

The other teams that passed on him haven't been lookin for a franchise QB like we have since....forever!!!

Funny, because there haven't been 23 franchise QBs in the league at one time since... forever!!!

My logo is bigger than your logo

Hate

Hall of Famer
#47 : June 23, 2013, 04:29:18 PM

It does suck to think that the Bucs had a shot at him and passed, but he was passed up on 23 times before the Packers took him. It is the mystery of the NFL draft.

The other teams that passed on him haven't been lookin for a franchise QB like we have since....forever!!!

Funny, because there haven't been 23 franchise QBs in the league at one time since... forever!!!

Doesn't mean those teams didn't think the guy they had at the time was their guy. Maybe our QB guru thought Simms was the guy. Plus..... those other teams didn't have the QB Guru at the helm!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#48 : June 23, 2013, 04:37:32 PM

Doesn't mean those teams didn't think the guy they had at the time was their guy. Maybe our QB guru thought Simms was the guy. Plus..... those other teams didn't have the QB Guru at the helm!!

Seriously laughable...

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2005-11-20/sports/WHITLEY20_1_mckay-coach-jon-gruden-simms

Hate

Hall of Famer
#49 : June 23, 2013, 04:39:37 PM

Hopefully, you realized the sarcasm

Ironworker808

Second String

#50 : June 23, 2013, 04:56:20 PM

I don't remember where I read it, so I can't provide a link.

But I do remember reading one of the Green Bay coaches saying that during the four years that Aaron sat, he was torn down and rebuilt from the ground up. That the quarterback you see on the field today is not the quarterback that was drafted.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#51 : June 23, 2013, 05:01:58 PM

But I do remember reading one of the Green Bay coaches saying that during the four years that Aaron sat, he was torn down and rebuilt from the ground up. That the quarterback you see on the field today is not the quarterback that was drafted.

In other words, the real QB Guru resides in Green Bay?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#52 : June 23, 2013, 05:03:21 PM

I don't know about that. Dude was money at Cal.  They even beat USC with him at QB, when USC was ranked #3 in the country.  He got several MVP awards in college, and set many records.  A 10-1 record his last year there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#53 : June 23, 2013, 05:14:42 PM

I don't know about that. Dude was money at Cal.  They even beat USC with him at QB, when USC was ranked #3 in the country.  He got several MVP awards in college, and set many records.  A 10-1 record his last year there.

And projected #1 overall pick by many 'experts'

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#54 : June 23, 2013, 05:23:14 PM

I'm sure none of that kind of thing ever happens in the radio business... [/color]

I'm not sure what that response means in the context of my post.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#55 : June 23, 2013, 05:28:15 PM

And projected #1 overall pick by many 'experts'

He is/was defitnitly the real deal.  Why he slid to the Packers is anyones guess.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#56 : June 23, 2013, 05:42:46 PM

I'm sure none of that kind of thing ever happens in the radio business... [/color]

I'm not sure what that response means in the context of my post.

So... you're in management?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#57 : June 23, 2013, 05:46:17 PM

LOL, you've completely lost me now.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#58 : June 23, 2013, 06:52:26 PM

Perhaps... forced?  There is no logic to explain flying out to California to put on a dog'n'pony show with Jerry Rice if you don't intend to draft him.

They (Gruden and Allen) needed/wanted a QB.  ManU money said no.  Trade made for McCown the next day?  They were told to go cheap.  It wasn't the last time that happened...
i dont see the glazers balking over the difference of 2 million a year.  heck, they gave 8 mil just for gruden...

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#59 : June 23, 2013, 07:16:41 PM

Perhaps... forced?  There is no logic to explain flying out to California to put on a dog'n'pony show with Jerry Rice if you don't intend to draft him.

They (Gruden and Allen) needed/wanted a QB.  ManU money said no.  Trade made for McCown the next day?  They were told to go cheap.  It wasn't the last time that happened...
i dont see the glazers balking over the difference of 2 million a year.  heck, they gave 8 mil just for gruden...

It's the second contract that adds up.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aaron Rodgers takes a shot at Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools