Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Snowden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #15 : June 28, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »

Both Russia and China are treating Obama like he is insignificant. That is the biggest aspect of this story. A potentially huge US National Security issue and foreign governments are acting like we are not even a player. Really?

I remember when the Obamabots thought his election would help America's standing with foreign governments.
The number of folks on that list shortens daily.

Directly proportionate to the increase on his target list.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #16 : June 28, 2013, 03:57:36 PM »

Both Russia and China are treating Obama like he is insignificant. That is the biggest aspect of this story. A potentially huge US National Security issue and foreign governments are acting like we are not even a player. Really?
I remember when the Obamabots thought his election would help America's standing with foreign governments.
If one uses the NSA project who is not on the target list?  Just need to have a phone, or a computer... or perhaps file one's income tax...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #17 : June 28, 2013, 04:11:35 PM »

If one uses the NSA project who is not on the target list?  Just need to have a phone, or a computer... or perhaps file one's income tax...

and you've been calling al qaeda on a daily basis, you idiot

posterity

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #18 : June 28, 2013, 04:12:01 PM »

How could Snowden have handled it better?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #19 : June 28, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »

You're preaching to the choir. I've been following this very closely. I'd come to the conclusion that it wasn't of much interest around here. In my view anyone that supports any part of the constitution would be hypocritical for not being equally concerned about this issue. The left is trying to discredit Greenwald who  broke the story to try to take the attention of their beloved savior. When I say savior what I mean is the guy thats stomping on the civil rights of the citizenry more than any other President (at least) in recent history. As most know I've never been a supporter of the presidents policies but he's turned out to be even worse than I would have ever imagined. The two party system is a crooked ruse.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #20 : June 28, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »

Traitor? Give me a break.

Edward Snowden leaks force Al Qaeda, other militants to change how they communicate

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/06/26/edward_snowden_leaks_force_al_qaeda_other_militants_to_change_how_they_communicate.html

Travel waaayyyy back in time and take a minute to educate yourself.

Read the story linked below and then reflect on those links you've just posted, Morgan.

Consider it a primer.

http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #21 : June 28, 2013, 05:04:47 PM »

You silly twit.  Do you think for a second that one has to call outside the country to have the matrix identify you a a potential target?  You don't believe one can become a target because of incidential contacts - or that the matrix can be expanded beyond calls to al qaeda.  You really can't be that stupid. 

A new hire joins the program, he gets through the interviews, he works there for 3 months and has a top secret designation.  He can access information of everyone, from spies, to citizens, to elected officials, to normal folks both in the US and the rest of the world just because they own a phone or computer.  And he walks out of the building with 4 computers of information.  And you think he's the issue - no - that "hacker" isn't the issue.  It is the million or so Top Secret members who can enter the system and take the information on anyone.  And that is before someone in power decides to track down "enemies" and taps into their information with bad intentions.  The part where Barry says this can't happen has already passed you by without you understanding.  It has already happened.
« : June 28, 2013, 09:15:51 PM dbucfan »

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #22 : June 28, 2013, 05:31:50 PM »

posterity
thanks - I did catch it before he deleted his post - just barely - but I appreciate the thought

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #23 : June 29, 2013, 02:19:18 PM »

BUSH-ERA NSA WHISTLEBLOWER MAKES MOST EXPLOSIVE ALLEGATIONS YET ABOUT EXTENT OF GOV’T SURVEILLANCE — AND YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHO HE SAYS THEY SPIED ON

Russ Tice, a former intelligence analyst and Bush-era NSA whistleblower, claimed Wednesday that the intelligence community has ordered surveillance on a wide range of groups and individuals, including high-ranking military officials, lawmakers and diplomats.

He also made another stunning allegation. He says the NSA had ordered wiretaps on phones connected to then-Senate candidate Barack Obama back in 2004.

“They went after–and I know this because I had my hands literally on the paperwork for these sort of things–they went after high-ranking military officers; they went after members of Congress, both Senate and the House, especially on the intelligence committees and on the armed services committees and some of the–and judicial,” Tice told Peter B. Collins on Boiling Frog Post News.

He went on: “But they went after other ones, too. They went after lawyers and law firms. All kinds of–heaps of lawyers and law firms. They went after judges. One of the judges is now sitting on the Supreme Court that I had his wiretap information in my hand. Two are former FISA court judges. They went after State Department officials. They went after people in the executive service that were part of the White House–their own people.”
Then Tice dropped the bombshell about Obama.

“Here’s the big one,” he said. “[T]his was in summer of 2004, one of the papers that I held in my hand was to wiretap a bunch of numbers associated with a 40-something-year-old wannabe senator for Illinois. You wouldn’t happen to know where that guy lives right now would you? It’s a big white house in Washington, D.C. That’s who they went after, and that’s the president of the United States now.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/20/bush-era-nsa-whistleblower-makes-most-explosive-allegations-yet-about-true-extent-of-govt-surveillance/

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #24 : June 29, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »

Can't even act surprised.  I don't care who is responsible for the initial or subsequent directions, it is wrong and needs to be stopped....

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #25 : June 29, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »

Agreed. The NSA is no doubt attempting to get dirt on these type of powerful people to use as, shall we say, "leverage", at some point.

Imagine the implications of that little horror show.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #26 : June 29, 2013, 04:53:05 PM »

One has to wonder if it is the NSA running the show...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #27 : June 29, 2013, 07:28:37 PM »

You mean the government asked for an inch and took a mile?   Sounds like you guys are just scared.

/sarcasm

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #28 : June 29, 2013, 08:00:12 PM »

BUSH-ERA NSA WHISTLEBLOWER MAKES MOST EXPLOSIVE ALLEGATIONS YET ABOUT EXTENT OF GOV’T SURVEILLANCE — AND YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHO HE SAYS THEY SPIED ON

Russ Tice, a former intelligence analyst and Bush-era NSA whistleblower, claimed Wednesday that the intelligence community has ordered surveillance on a wide range of groups and individuals, including high-ranking military officials, lawmakers and diplomats.

He also made another stunning allegation. He says the NSA had ordered wiretaps on phones connected to then-Senate candidate Barack Obama back in 2004.

“They went after–and I know this because I had my hands literally on the paperwork for these sort of things–they went after high-ranking military officers; they went after members of Congress, both Senate and the House, especially on the intelligence committees and on the armed services committees and some of the–and judicial,” Tice told Peter B. Collins on Boiling Frog Post News.

He went on: “But they went after other ones, too. They went after lawyers and law firms. All kinds of–heaps of lawyers and law firms. They went after judges. One of the judges is now sitting on the Supreme Court that I had his wiretap information in my hand. Two are former FISA court judges. They went after State Department officials. They went after people in the executive service that were part of the White House–their own people.”
Then Tice dropped the bombshell about Obama.

“Here’s the big one,” he said. “[T]his was in summer of 2004, one of the papers that I held in my hand was to wiretap a bunch of numbers associated with a 40-something-year-old wannabe senator for Illinois. You wouldn’t happen to know where that guy lives right now would you? It’s a big white house in Washington, D.C. That’s who they went after, and that’s the president of the United States now.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/20/bush-era-nsa-whistleblower-makes-most-explosive-allegations-yet-about-true-extent-of-govt-surveillance/
how do you think the alphabet agencies control certain people in positions of power? 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #29 : June 29, 2013, 08:14:15 PM »

Can't even act surprised.  I don't care who is responsible for the initial or subsequent directions, it is wrong and needs to be stopped....

That. Is. All.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Snowden « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools