Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Akeem Spence has some elements of Geno Atkins to his game" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#60 : July 03, 2013, 04:44:36 PM

Serviceable NT is all we need.
well we already had one and now the DL has one more question mark.  Like I said, had we resigned Miller and then drafted this kid I would have no problem.  Let things work themselves out and if and when Spence can beat him out then you dump Miller and draft the next guy to develop.

You don't think Gibson is solid?
well he couldn't beat out Miller so if he is our best NT this year the position has been downgraded.  Albeit maybe slightly but we can afford to downgrade positions.  This was a 7 win team.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#61 : July 03, 2013, 04:47:50 PM

Only on the red board where fans will trash guys like Roy Miller for years, then after he's been replaced, cry about how we should have kept him. You couldn't tell the difference when Roy Miller or Gary Gibson was in there last year.
this is a point that S&B doesnt want to acknowledge.  nor the fact that there arent more than 2 superstar NT's.  he just has to complain the the list of possibilities is declining fast.  when our fans our complaining about NT's, SLB's, and backup RB's the team is moving in the right direction imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#62 : July 03, 2013, 04:49:45 PM

well we already had one and now the DL has one more question mark.  Like I said, had we resigned Miller and then drafted this kid I would have no problem.  Let things work themselves out and if and when Spence can beat him out then you dump Miller and draft the next guy to develop.

He already beat out Miller in Schianos and Doms eyes, thats why we dumped Miller. No clue why you think Miller still being on the roster changes a bit about his future here...dead man walking.

Then why was he a 4th round pick if his upside is so high? You could make the argument he was the best DT prospect avail. In the 4th but I'm guessing a good dozen went before him . Dont get me wrong i think he could end up being a serviceable NT but is he a true upgrade?  Short term I would say most likely not and long term maybe but not by any significant margin.

Keeping Miller definitly woud not have been an upgrade over Miller, or what else do you want? If anything we should talk about how we risked to have downgraded NT position, and what else to find in 4th round.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#63 : July 03, 2013, 04:55:21 PM

You don't think Gibson is solid?
well he couldn't beat out Miller so if he is our best NT this year the position has been downgraded.  Albeit maybe slightly but we can afford to downgrade positions.  This was a 7 win team.

I don't think it was a 7 win team due to the NT position.Small drop off at NT won't affect the defense. It's not a impact position like D-End and 3 tech.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Akeem Spence has some elements of Geno Atkins to his game" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools