Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you agree Vincent Jackson is the 16th best player in the NFC South ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : June 30, 2013, 12:00:46 AM »

NFC South Top 25: No. 16

June, 28, 2013

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

We continue my NFC South Top 25 with No. 16:

Vincent Jackson, wide receiver, Buccaneers

What he did in 2012: In his first season in Tampa Bay, Jackson caught 72 passes for 1,384 yards and eight touchdowns.

Why he’s No. 16 in 2013: Jackson should only get better in his second season in Tampa Bay. Jackson’s 19.2 yards per catch last season showed how he can stretch the field, and he opened the way for receiver Mike Williams and running back Doug Martin to have big seasons. That means defenses are going to have to devote more attention to Williams and Martin, and Jackson could end up with even more opportunities than he had last season. The key, however, will be quarterback Josh Freeman, who is headed into a year that is crucial for his future. But Jackson could end up being Freeman’s best friend. The thing Freeman does best is throw the ball downfield. Jackson already has shown he can get open on deep routes.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

« #1 : June 30, 2013, 12:16:27 AM »

Well, currently he is the 3rd best WR in the division. 16 would be generous IMO

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #2 : June 30, 2013, 12:30:42 AM »

Higher.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

« #3 : June 30, 2013, 12:37:52 AM »

right now, i think he's better than steve smith and julio jones

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #4 : June 30, 2013, 12:43:16 AM »

IMO he's one of the top three wideouts in the game. He should be close to the top ten-twenty overall.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #5 : June 30, 2013, 01:41:26 AM »

I don't know if I could name 15 players better than him, in the NFC South.   I am thinking he belongs about #10 or so. .

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #6 : June 30, 2013, 01:49:32 AM »

I don't know if I could name 15 players better than him, in the NFC South.   I am thinking he belongs about #10 or so. .
1-5 are Drew Brees and 5-10 are Matt Ryan, just you wait and see.

yvespo

Rookie

« #7 : June 30, 2013, 01:52:56 AM »

Come on man, Vincent is good but I'll take Julio over him any day.
« : June 30, 2013, 01:57:47 AM yvespo »

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #8 : June 30, 2013, 01:57:20 AM »

Well ya, but that is only 2 players.  You have 13 more players in mind better that Vjax?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #9 : June 30, 2013, 03:01:10 AM »

Well ya, but that is only 2 players.  You have 13 more players in mind better that Vjax?
Either you missed the joke or that 13 is typo.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #10 : June 30, 2013, 03:26:39 AM »

Oh ok, I see where you went with that now. 

Yasinkas is a Panther homer,  so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few Panthers ahead of Vince, that don't deserve to be there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #11 : June 30, 2013, 09:46:36 AM »

Oh ok, I see where you went with that now. 

Yasinkas is a PantherSaints homer,  so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few PanthersSaints ahead of Vince, that don't deserve to be there.

Agreed.

Also, VJax is at least top ten in the division.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

« #12 : June 30, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »

Come on man, Vincent is good but I'll take Julio over him any day.

Maybe I'd take Julio going forward for the next decade... age driving that

but right now Julio is still unpolished

Vjax is a professional in every sense of the word and his mental game is light years ahead of Julio's, and to me, that trumps raw physicality

you can laugh, but I still stand firm in the belief that "right now, he's better than julio jones"

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #13 : June 30, 2013, 10:41:04 AM »

Vincent is the best WR in the NFC south. Clutch and a leader.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #14 : June 30, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »

So despite being 6 years younger and catching 7 more passes and two more TDs than VJ y'all think VJ is better? 

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you agree Vincent Jackson is the 16th best player in the NFC South ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools