Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you agree Vincent Jackson is the 16th best player in the NFC South ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 30, 2013, 10:49:49 AM

NFC South WR Rankings imo
1. Jones
2. VJ
3. White
4. Steve Smith
5. Colston
6. Mike Williams

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 30, 2013, 10:53:49 AM

NFC South WR Rankings imo
1. Jones
2. VJ
3. White
4. Steve Smith
5. Colston
6. Mike Williams
looks about right but you could make a strong argument for White over VJ. 
: June 30, 2013, 10:56:29 AM Skull and Bones

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#17 : June 30, 2013, 11:01:09 AM

So despite being 6 years younger and catching 7 more passes and two more TDs than VJ y'all think VJ is better?

Yes, Jones has teams playing to defend Gonzales and White that creates opportunity....V-Jax has Mike Williams and himself

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 30, 2013, 11:04:04 AM

So despite being 6 years younger and catching 7 more passes and two more TDs than VJ y'all think VJ is better?

He's a redzone threat. The last 2 year VJ had over 1000 yards not to mention how bad it hurt the Chargers when he left. Overall Vincent is the better WR. Age really isn't a factor for a player that has good conditioning, Tony Gonzalez, Tom Brady, London Fletcher and other good players who play good late into their careers. With Vincent we have that type of player it was a blessing to pick him up.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 30, 2013, 11:05:03 AM

The Bucs have a very good 1-2 receiving core.  One of the better ones in the league.  I'm not putting them down.  But Atlanta has a slightly better one.  Probably the best in the league.  And if you asked a panel of experts 100 percent would agree. 

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 30, 2013, 11:09:54 AM

The Bucs have a very good 1-2 receiving core.  One of the better ones in the league.  I'm not putting them down.  But Atlanta has a slightly better one.  Probably the best in the league.  And if you asked a panel of experts 100 percent would agree.

Absolutely. If you were to rank receiving duos, the Bucs would be top 5, but the Falcons would be number one.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 30, 2013, 12:05:35 PM

Ok would anyone here rank Kuechly over VJax?

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 30, 2013, 02:14:47 PM

Ok would anyone here rank Kuechly over VJax?

I wouldn't. Vjax is bigger to our offense than Kuechly is for their defense. He gets hurt they have somebody who wouldn't be able to do as well as him but it wouldn't be as big as a loss to our offense if we lost Vjack.

BucNCane

Second String
#23 : June 30, 2013, 02:37:06 PM

7 more passes for 200 less receiving yards and 5 more drops (according to http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/). Good for him. Also on a team that had 60 more attempts and Matt Ryan throwing to him. Obviously they are both good and are pretty much toss ups, but for one season, I'd take VJax's abilities and leadership over Jones.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 30, 2013, 03:23:03 PM

[/quote

I think its about who is better RIGHT NOW.   Its not,  who would you rather trade for, Vincent or Julio.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 30, 2013, 08:49:02 PM

Roddy White is the best WR in the division. Period.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 01, 2013, 11:54:11 AM

Talib locked his arse down on a pretty regular basis when he wasn't hurt or suspended.  That was about the only time Talib showed how good he could be.

Anyway, I'd say Julio is the clear-cut #1 moving forward, with Jackson #2 given the season he had last year.  White comes in @ #3 for me.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 01, 2013, 08:01:42 PM

And also one of the biggest trash talkers in the NFL. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 01, 2013, 08:12:09 PM

Talib locked his arse down on a pretty regular basis when he wasn't hurt or suspended.  That was about the only time Talib showed how good he could be.

Anyway, I'd say Julio is the clear-cut #1 moving forward, with Jackson #2 given the season he had last year.  White comes in @ #3 for me.

Sure...Roddy hasnt had gaudy numbers vs. the Bucs....but that doesnt necessarily diminish him as a player overall. Division opponents not only play each other tough, they are also very familiar with each other. Go look at Calvin Johnson's history vs. the Bears. In his career vs. the Bears, he has only had two 100+ yard games and just 4 TDs in 11 matchups. Just because Johnson struggles against a division opponent, that doesn't mean that he isn't the best WR in the league.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 02, 2013, 09:33:58 AM

Sure...Roddy hasnt had gaudy numbers vs. the Bucs....but that doesnt necessarily diminish him as a player overall. Division opponents not only play each other tough, they are also very familiar with each other. Go look at Calvin Johnson's history vs. the Bears. In his career vs. the Bears, he has only had two 100+ yard games and just 4 TDs in 11 matchups. Just because Johnson struggles against a division opponent, that doesn't mean that he isn't the best WR in the league.

And the Bears had an excellent overall defense and some pretty damn good CB's that helped in minimizing Megatron's numbers.

I'm not saying White sucks because Talib shut him down.  I'm simply pointing to those match-ups as evidence why I think Jones and Jackson are better.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you agree Vincent Jackson is the 16th best player in the NFC South ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools