Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "It could be death for a sport that already is on life support in the USA. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 16, 2013, 03:16:34 PM

Are you suggesting the Bucs wont practice ST unless Demps shows up?

All we are doing is holding his rights in case he has a change of heart. Why is that a bad thing?

Holding rights like Jake Plummer?  How did that work out for Bruce Allen?

Nothing in that case , but It didn't hurt ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 16, 2013, 08:27:12 PM

Gay getting nabbed is actually bad news. Now Demps may think he has the chance to do something again with the fasteset American knocked out.

Bolt still leads the pack.  And even if track and field folded in the USA, there would still be worldwide events that would interest Demps. I read somewhere he is in Europe now, getting ready for the Worlds next month.

So if he is done after that, it would be September at the earliest he could come in.  With the opener being Sept 8th, it all comes down to whether or not Schiano will allow him to suit up with no training camp. A lot of coaches are hard azzes and say no camp, no play.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#17 : July 16, 2013, 10:06:00 PM

He'd be all but useless to us early on, but since the guy has some dynamic playmaking ability, he'd have to offer more reward than risk IMO.
What's the major risk if you are talking about another pedestrian special teamer?
Regardless, too tough for anyone to say, he's gotta show up for a workout first.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 16, 2013, 10:13:18 PM

Holding rights like Jake Plummer?  How did that work out for Bruce Allen?

Didn't it net the Bucs a lotta cash? Having said that, what that have to do with the current regime??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 17, 2013, 02:07:47 AM

He'd be all but useless to us early on, but since the guy has some dynamic playmaking ability, he'd have to offer more reward than risk IMO.
What's the major risk if you are talking about another pedestrian special teamer?
Regardless, too tough for anyone to say, he's gotta show up for a workout first.

He could jump right into the return slot.  Not a lot of preparation or film study required for that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 17, 2013, 07:55:55 AM

He could jump right into the return slot.  Not a lot of preparation or film study required for that.

Exactly , and he's already going to be in awesome shape from running track . He can hit the ground running - pun intended.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#21 : July 17, 2013, 12:22:51 PM

Exactly , and he's already going to be in awesome shape from running track . He can hit the ground running - pun intended.
I'd rather give the roster spot to someone that's willing to work for it.  If he wants to be a Buc I'd love to have him if not who cares.  And DJ would you have the same opinion if he were a former Nole instead of a former Gator? :P

hifive_hiser

Practice Squad
#22 : July 17, 2013, 01:06:55 PM

WOW! You guys amaze me! It's not like the guy is sitting at home on the couch or holding out to avoid camp. The guy is busting his ass training.  He's not a QB. He's more than likely a return man / situational runner. He doesn't need much camp.

Yeah it would be nice for him to be in camp, but to totally write him off is ridiculous. His football speed can't be coached. The rewards far outweigh the risk. Just be patient.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 17, 2013, 01:16:44 PM

Once you're a buc you're a buc. I rooted for warrick dunn as hard as anyone.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 17, 2013, 01:23:25 PM

"I'd rather give the roster spot to someone that's willing to work for it."

At this point, you're basically talking about the ninetieth roster spot. Is that really a big sacrifice?

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#25 : July 17, 2013, 01:54:45 PM

53rd  isn't that big of a sacrifice either but it'd be nice if the guy would make a commitment to the team. He's not the fastest guy in the world and he never will be.  I think he's skeerd.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 17, 2013, 05:39:10 PM

53rd  isn't that big of a sacrifice either but it'd be nice if the guy would make a commitment to the team. He's not the fastest guy in the world and he never will be.  I think he's skeerd.

He makes pretty good cash running track. Its all in endorsements. He doesn't have to be the fastest man in the world to be successful.

I would love to see him return kicks every game, we need a little spark in that area. But I respect him for doing what he loves, even if the money and fame are not what they would be in the NFL.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 17, 2013, 05:42:28 PM

nothing wrong with holding the rights to the guy, but that is many miles away from planning on him to play

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 17, 2013, 05:45:29 PM

WOW! You guys amaze me! It's not like the guy is sitting at home on the couch or holding out to avoid camp. The guy is busting his ass training.  He's not a QB. He's more than likely a return man / situational runner. He doesn't need much camp.

Yeah it would be nice for him to be in camp, but to totally write him off is ridiculous. His football speed can't be coached. The rewards far outweigh the risk. Just be patient.

Good post.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "It could be death for a sport that already is on life support in the USA. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools