Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13

Hate

Hall of Famer
#45 : June 30, 2013, 10:31:31 PM

there seems to be a lotta HATE for Charlie 'round these parts

Can I be Captain of the "Charlie Cambell Sucks!" fan club? I can't stand that greasy haired nerd. Never could and I'm glad he's not part of PR anymore. Much easier to ignore him entirely now that he is with Walters.

The one thing I liked about Charlie was the videos he did for PR back in the day. They were almost unwatchable if not for the unintended hilariousness of Charlie's uncomfortableness in front of the camera. They always gave me a good laugh.

Ouch!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#46 : June 30, 2013, 11:11:36 PM

No hate for CC at all.

Could care less how he looked or sounded. That is not what he was around here for. So that is just a low blow juvenile bully fest that I think sucks my D and B's.

Some stuff he has written was subpar. But so are a lot of posts I read here, and they are subjective analysis, much like CCs.

gone

Hall of Famer
#47 : June 30, 2013, 11:49:17 PM

if Freeman makes no improvement and plays exactly like he did last season, we should be expected to win 8 to 10 games.

The last month and a half of freeman was pretty horrific.  Guys's luck just flat ran out.  If he continues in that vein, 5-11 is perfectly reasonable even with our other upgrades. 

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 01, 2013, 12:10:47 AM

Wow, some of you guys are just downright mean. Charlie worked hard for you guys trying to get you Bucs information and he should be respected for the work he put in. Name calling is just juvenile and makes you look bad more than casting aspersions on him.

You can choose to not like his writing style or the content he provided but personal attacks are not called for.

As for the Walters prediction - yeah, it's ridiculous. It would take a meltdown and series of injuries of catastrophic proportions for this team to only win 5 games. Of course, I'm on record as saying 8 wins would be a disappointment.

I don't believe Charlie wrote that ill-informed piece. I mean, if the trade of Aquib Talib devastated the club - how did they manage to win three straight games following the trade?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#49 : July 01, 2013, 01:14:07 AM

Personal attacks really aren't my thing. Especially on the internet...so for that I apologize. I just don't like the guy. I think his writing was mostly average and ever since he left PR he has been consistently biased towards the Bucs. So to me he deserves any negativity he gets from the Bucs fan base.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#50 : July 01, 2013, 01:16:56 AM

I thought Free's last game against ATL was a good performance.

If he plays at that level thruout this season, we could be in for a pleasant surprise.

Maybe with Divine grace (translated-- no severe injuries)-----10 or 11 wins.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#51 : July 01, 2013, 01:31:32 AM

if Freeman makes no improvement and plays exactly like he did last season, we should be expected to win 8 to 10 games.

The last month and a half of freeman was pretty horrific.  Guys's luck just flat ran out.  If he continues in that vein, 5-11 is perfectly reasonable even with our other upgrades.

I'm very realistic about Freeman. Trust me, I've had a whole offseason to cool off and I am ready to support him with fingers crossed again this season....but I am not a Freepologist and realize he has not been good or consistent in quite a long time. However, cherry picking games 11 thru 15 and saying he stinks is no different than cherry picking games 5 thru 10 and saying he is awesome. If he plays like he has the past two seasons, he won't stink or be awesome. He'll be up and down and very unreliable....but we should still get 8-10 wins based on our roster and schedule. We got 7 wins last year. Now we have added Revis, Goldson, Banks, and we get back Nicks, Joseph, and Clayborn. There is no logical reason to predict less wins in 2013 than we had in 2012....even if Freeman is the same inconsistent guy he has been in the past.

gone

Hall of Famer
#52 : July 01, 2013, 05:17:55 AM

I thought Free's last game against ATL was a good performance.

Lets hang our hats on a win against a team that already checked out rather than the five game crapfest before it.  Sounds good.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#53 : July 01, 2013, 08:36:01 AM

I'm very realistic about Freeman. Trust me, I've had a whole offseason to cool off and I am ready to support him with fingers crossed again this season....but I am not a Freepologist and realize he has not been good or consistent in quite a long time. However, cherry picking games 11 thru 15 and saying he stinks is no different than cherry picking games 5 thru 10 and saying he is awesome. If he plays like he has the past two seasons, he won't stink or be awesome. He'll be up and down and very unreliable....but we should still get 8-10 wins based on our roster and schedule. We got 7 wins last year. Now we have added Revis, Goldson, Banks, and we get back Nicks, Joseph, and Clayborn. There is no logical reason to predict less wins in 2013 than we had in 2012....even if Freeman is the same inconsistent guy he has been in the past.
This.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#54 : July 01, 2013, 09:03:12 AM

Personal attacks really aren't my thing. Especially on the internet...so for that I apologize. I just don't like the guy. I think his writing was mostly average and ever since he left PR he has been consistently biased towards the Bucs. So to me he deserves any negativity he gets from the Bucs fan base.

+1.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#55 : July 01, 2013, 09:27:35 AM

And frankly, even if one doesn't believe that the team's offseason moves will come together the way we all hope (far stranger things have happened), claims like trading Talib destroying the team's morale just seem forced.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#56 : July 01, 2013, 09:32:20 AM

Of course, let's all remember their season preview for the team from last year.  It included such gems as:

Jackson was a dynamic downfield weapon for Philip Rivers, but there are a couple of concerns with this pairing. If Jackson wanted to have the best pro career possible, he would have stayed in San Diego or signed with a team that has an established, top-tier quarterback. Instead, he chased the money and signed with Tampa Bay. And how great is Jackson anyway? He's never caught 70 passes in a single season, despite having Philip Rivers as his signal-caller. Jackson has never played with a quarterback not named Rivers or Drew Brees, so was he just a product of the system in San Diego? He was the 61st pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, so it's not like he was really highly regarded when he came into the league.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#57 : July 01, 2013, 09:46:44 AM

No hate for CC at all.

Could care less how he looked or sounded. That is not what he was around here for. So that is just a low blow juvenile bully fest that I think sucks my D and B's.

Some stuff he has written was subpar. But so are a lot of posts I read here, and they are subjective analysis, much like CCs.

Agreed.  And the notion that Flynn was the best writer this site has ever had is beyond laughable, especially towards the end of his time at PR.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#58 : July 01, 2013, 09:48:27 AM

Walter is an idiot with an agenda

agenda? why? what's its/their motive to have an "agenda" -

Charlie Campbell.  He was once an OK beat writer for the PR.  IMO he was a marginal hack reporter that based his work on innuendo and supposition. And very little fact.
This sum sup my biggest issue with his work. He seemed to run with unfounded theories and treat tham as fact well after something seemed unlikely to happen. How long did we hear the Bucs were "in love with" Alfonso Dennard?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#59 : July 01, 2013, 09:49:44 AM

This got posted over on the Rivals section of the Falcons board and damn they think they are going to have a better season than they did last year and Falcon fans actually believe the Bucs will finish 5-11. Ohh and as for this article, whoever wrote this hasn't paid any attention to the off-season.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools