Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: June 30, 2013, 07:14:58 AM

Walter Football that is. They have the Bucs going 5-11 and finishing 4th in the division. The Bucs would do better than that with the exact same team they had last year. It has to be a bias of some sort. The worst trolls on this board pick us better than that. Ridiculous.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : June 30, 2013, 07:59:31 AM

2013 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Analysis: The Buccaneers will continue to be the worst team in the NFC South as long as they're the only franchise in the division that doesn't have its quarterback situation figured out. Josh Freeman has just one more chance to turn things around, but things aren't very optimistic in that regard.

Projection: 5-11 (4th in NFC South)

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2013tb.php

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 30, 2013, 08:17:32 AM

Ha ha ha holy **CENSORED**, that was as bad and as lazy an analysis I have read. Almost all of it was complete horse **CENSORED**. There are too many examples of crap to go through, but here is one pretty idiotic paragraph.

"Mark Dominik's strategy is a bit confusing. He dealt Aqib Talib in the middle of last season, which destroyed team morale; the players figured their front office didn't believe that they could win now. Dominik seemed to validate those concerns when he let two key defensive linemen, Michael Bennett and Roy Miller, walk away this spring. However, Dominik then made a big splash by trading his first-round pick for Darrelle Revis. So, which is it? Does the front office believe the team can win now, or is it still in rebuilding mode?"

Trading away an often injured and suspended player, in his contract year is an indication of rebuilding? Bennett and Miller were great for the team but we have all beat that issue of their departure to death. Bennett may be a loss, but Miller will be easily replaced within the scheme. Making the trade of the decade for Revis is not a clear sign of what the team's expectations are? This paragraph is just one of many examples of how absolutely awful that analysis was.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 30, 2013, 08:54:25 AM

Freeman basically has the same supporting cast this season, with one exception -- Incorrect.
They added a bunch of players to compete for the Slot WR position. Crabtree could be the starting TE.

Also the Bucs Special teams only being 2 stars is laughable. I bet that virgin boy Charlie wrote it.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 30, 2013, 09:19:59 AM

Legend, did you write that comment under the name Virgin Boy Charlie haha?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 30, 2013, 09:21:59 AM

Yea that's some bad analysis.  Probably doesn't know much outside of what the media says. Obviously doesn't care enough to do a little research either. 5-11 is possible with key injuries but if the team is healthy, they are competing for playoffs.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 30, 2013, 09:43:31 AM

Unfortunately, this is the view that many in the media as well as other casual fans seem to have about the Bucs. I was in New Orleans recently and talking to a Saints fan about the Bucs and he's very much of the opinion that we might be slightly better than the Panthers with the pickup of Revis, but doesn't expect us to win more than 5-6 games. Several of his arguments were the same ones mentioned in that Walter article. I.E. Let our best defensive linemen walk for injured guys, Freeman is inconsistent and interception prone, lots of injuries to the offensive line, no depth in the secondary behind Revis which he doesn't think will be the Revis of old. He mostly hangs his opinion on that 41-0 game where the Bucs just couldn't do anything right and I have to admit, if I was making my entire prediction around the results of that game, I probably wouldn't be all that impressed by the Bucs either. Also, he swears that the Falcons sat their starters in the last game so he really discounted that win at the end of the season saying that even if they played, they weren't playing hard.

On the other hand, he felt that the Saints were ready to challenge for another Super Bowl, mostly because Payton was back in charge. He strongly felt that Brees would be the difference and that the offense would cover any defensive short comings. He acknowledged that the defense is likely to struggle, but felt that the Saints defense was better than the Bucs and almost as good as the Falcons. He finally admitted that if everything broke right for the Bucs, we *might* challenge for 2nd place in the division with Atlanta with maybe a 9-7 record, but felt that the Saints were a 13-3 team this year.

Now in my opinion, the Saints winning 13 games is a overly Rose colored fan opinion, but it does point out what the media seems to feel about the Bucs. Many seem to think that we should have done more in the off season with all that cap space and because we didn't the feeling is that we are still 'building' and maybe next year the Bucs might actually challenge for a wild card position.

Recently PR wrote an article that said that the Bucs has potentially 15 pro bowl players, I can assure you that the media doesn't see it that way at all and if there are a few that do, those eagerly point to the Chiefs that had 9 pro bowl players and lost 14 games last season because of inconsistent quarterback play.

Then again, most predictions for us last season were for 2-5 wins and we ended up with 7 (with two last min losses which could have made our record 9-7). I didn't worry about the media last season and I'm not really worried about it today, frankly the Saints are media darlings again because of Payton and frankly I see a team that will struggle to a 8-8 season, but that's just my opinion.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 30, 2013, 10:05:14 AM

Legend, did you write that comment under the name Virgin Boy Charlie haha?
;)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 30, 2013, 10:15:02 AM

Walters Football is garbage. I use to put up with the biased negative Bucs crap and still went there for some things...but ever since Charlie Campbell went there it hws become unbearable.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 30, 2013, 11:06:34 AM

Yeah, most of you know I'm not one to blow sunshine on the Bucs when I don't feel it's deserved, but thinking with the likely improvements made this team is going to win two fewer games than they did last year is pretty stupid.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 30, 2013, 11:14:36 AM

Walter is an idiot with an agenda

agenda? why? what's its/their motive to have an "agenda" -

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 30, 2013, 11:16:49 AM

Wow. We all agree on something. At least Walters is good in that regard. IMHO we have a better chance of winning 13 games than 5 and unless a lot of things break our way we won't win 13. I suppose if we are the most injured team in the division we could have a terrible year, but so could any of the other three teams. Biased slant.

In Verner We Trust

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 30, 2013, 11:16:57 AM

Yeah, most of you know I'm not one to blow sunshine on the Bucs when I don't feel it's deserved, but thinking with the likely improvements made this team is going to win two fewer games than they did last year is pretty stupid.

can't really compare to season's records can you? afterall, different coaching staffs, different players, different opponents. is 2013 more difficult than 2012's opponents? who knows? anyone that gets bent around the axle in June over some preview/prediction doesn't have enough real problems in their life. Get real.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 30, 2013, 11:22:35 AM

Walter Football that is. They have the Bucs going 5-11 and finishing 4th in the division. The Bucs would do better than that with the exact same team they had last year. It has to be a bias of some sort. The worst trolls on this board pick us better than that. Ridiculous.

they have no faith in Josh.... why does that make them idiots?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 30, 2013, 11:24:27 AM

I bet that virgin boy Charlie wrote it.

Virgin boy? What's that mean??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools