Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 30, 2013, 11:26:16 AM

The Bucs are one of those teams no one really has an idea how good or bad they are going to be.  5-11 seems a little pessimistic.  Too much talent overall on this roster but the defense is still a huge question mark. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : June 30, 2013, 11:32:53 AM

They had Seattle 5-11 in their 2012 prediction. SF 8-8, Arizona 9-7. Carolina 10-6,  Minn 5-11, Buff 11-5,  Indy 5-11,  KC 10-6.......again, why get bent around the axle, OP?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 30, 2013, 12:00:17 PM

I think some on the board, including the writers, are a bit optimistic on the Bucs upcoming season however the Walter article seemed overly negative to me. Sure, Freeman could have a really bad season but chances are he'll be about the same guy he's been which to me means that unless the team again goes through a bunch of defensive problems they will be a bit better than last year at a minimum.

If Charlie Campbell had anything to do with the article it makes some sense. Charlie's PR time was not the best period for PR.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 30, 2013, 12:12:42 PM

From ryan24
"If Charlie Campbell had anything to do with the article it makes some sense. Charlie's PR time was not the best period for PR."

Don't understand that comment at all.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 30, 2013, 12:14:01 PM

From ryan24
"If Charlie Campbell had anything to do with the article it makes some sense. Charlie's PR time was not the best period for PR."

Don't understand that comment at all.

I thought/think Charlie Campbell was/is a terrible writer.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 30, 2013, 12:17:38 PM

there seems to be a lotta HATE for Charlie 'round these parts

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#21 : June 30, 2013, 01:49:01 PM

This is fantastic. We made some of the biggest improvements in the offseason and we're expected to do worse. I was not very happy because i was expecting the media to be hyping us up after this offseason, but we get to ride under the radar. Someone compile all these season predictions and blast the players' twitters with them and let's make sure that chip is on their shoulder.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 30, 2013, 02:08:29 PM

This is fantastic. We made some of the biggest improvements in the offseason and we're expected to do worse. I was not very happy because i was expecting the media to be hyping us up after this offseason, but we get to ride under the radar. Someone compile all these season predictions and blast the players' twitters with them and let's make sure that chip is on their shoulder.

Agree. I actually thought we would get a lot of attention after getting Revis and Goldson but I'm glad we stay under the radar.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 30, 2013, 03:03:54 PM

Writers all have writing styles of their own. I found his writings informative. He must have had a lot of contacts to write the things he did.
Found him more informative than Jim Flynn.

Felt Charley also interfaced more on the boards than Jim and Scott - Mark does the best of all in that regard. Charlie was more attentive to complaints from the posters - Flynn was notorious for doing almost nothing. Charley and Mark also attended more G2G than anyone else.

Too each his own.

I would rank them Cook, then Campbell and Flynn.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 30, 2013, 03:22:00 PM

Walter is an idiot with an agenda

agenda? why? what's its/their motive to have an "agenda" -

That's the only logical explanation. Revis, Goldson, Banks, and a second year in the system does not add up to two more in the loss column. There has to be some sort of bias involved to skew things in the wrong direction. With no adjustments at all to the roster and the coaching staff, a team would improve with familiarity. The Bucs have made drastic upgrades. I could understand and accept 8-8. 5-11 is BS.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 30, 2013, 03:27:49 PM

I don't know Charlie or Walter.   And I have only been to that site a couple times in the past years. But I have to say, it is poorly laid out.  Its very hard to navigate.

As far as the prediction goes, doesn't bother me a bit. There is something to be said for flying under the radar.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#26 : June 30, 2013, 03:28:05 PM

Sparky:  Based on the odds to win the Superbowl the Bucs are 4th in the division.

ATL    18-1
NO      20-1
Carol  50-1
Bucs   60-1

Hard to call Walter an idiot when the Vegas people who are paid to set odds agree with him.

Personally, I am hoping for the Bucs to go 9-7.  vx SF, @NE,  @ Sea, 2 with NO, and 2 with ATL, all look tough. Maye the Bucs split with NO and Atl, but then there is still @ Carol and @ Detr.

Walter was highly critical of the Bucs parting with Bennett.  After Bennett left, we discover that he has a rotator cuff tear and played with it in the 2nd half of the season.
But he wasn't near as effective after the tear.  If the shoulder gets operated on, it takes a considerable amount of time for the shoulder to rehabilitate (some never do), so Bennett will play this year for Sea without the operation, but it is quite easy to tear further all of which makes rehabilitation after the surgery longer. Based on this I can understand letting Bennett sign elsewhere. For Bennett to have a good season this year there are some genuine question marks.

If the QB's are removed, then the Bucs compare very favorably with NO and ATL. Put the QB's back in the evaluation and the Bucs drop to 60-1.  I think Free will do well this year, but that is speculation. Based on Freeman in the past, the Bucs are 60-1 and 4th in the NFL South.
: June 30, 2013, 03:32:16 PM ISLAND BUCS

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 30, 2013, 03:33:20 PM

They did break that story about Price punching out Barron.  So you would have to think they have at least a couple good sources.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 30, 2013, 03:55:44 PM

Writers all have writing styles of their own. I found his writings informative. He must have had a lot of contacts to write the things he did.
Found him more informative than Jim Flynn.

Felt Charley also interfaced more on the boards than Jim and Scott - Mark does the best of all in that regard. Charlie was more attentive to complaints from the posters - Flynn was notorious for doing almost nothing. Charley and Mark also attended more G2G than anyone else.

Too each his own.

I would rank them Cook, then Campbell and Flynn.

I don't think interacting with the board makes anyone a better writer nor does showing up at a G2G. Jim Flynn was the best writer the site has had. Mark is light years ahead of Charlie Campbell both in print and in radio spots.

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 30, 2013, 03:58:08 PM

I bet that virgin boy Charlie wrote it.

Virgin boy? What's that mean??

It means he hasn't had sex yet.

I never had a problem with Charlie while he was at PR, he seemed pretty cool the couple of times I met him at G2G's.  But he does seem to have a chip on his shoulder these days.  Not sure why, but I'm guessing his moving on from PR was ugly or something happened at OBP with him.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools