Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 30, 2013, 04:42:24 PM

They did break that story about Price punching out Barron.  So you would have to think they have at least a couple good sources.

True.

As I understand it, Charley is the only Walter person working with the Bucs

When he was here, I felt he did very well digging up info about the Bucs to present on PR.

I preferred his content to that presented by Flynn. Jim came across as a good ole boy type, which I don't care for.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 30, 2013, 05:39:51 PM

It's not coincidental that PR took a bit of a hiatus in a quality sense after the 10 year period Jim Flynn wrote for the magazine and before Mark Cook joined the staff. Jim Flynn presented his football knowledge on the site better than anyone ever has.

Regarding the article this thread is based on, it is riddled with personnel errors and simply has the bizarre opinion on whether the Bucs are rebuilding or not. I don't know if there's any agenda involved however the thought process there is pretty stupid. Having had experience shaking my head at written comments and spoken comments by one of their writers in the past, it doesn't surprise me.
: June 30, 2013, 05:42:59 PM ryan24

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 30, 2013, 05:53:08 PM

Walter Football that is. They have the Bucs going 5-11 and finishing 4th in the division. The Bucs would do better than that with the exact same team they had last year. It has to be a bias of some sort. The worst trolls on this board pick us better than that. Ridiculous.

they have no faith in Josh.... why does that make them idiots?
Whether you have faith in Freeman or not, he's basically been a .500 QB when the team plays hard. The only reason the Bucs go 5-11 this season is if Freeman has a season-ending injury or if the whole team quits on Schiano. If Freeman is healthy and Schiano doesn't lose the team, I don't see how they don't win at least 7 games again.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 30, 2013, 06:24:18 PM

I bet that virgin boy Charlie wrote it.

Virgin boy? What's that mean??

It means he hasn't had sex yet.

And Legend would know that, how??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 30, 2013, 06:27:15 PM

Walter Football that is. They have the Bucs going 5-11 and finishing 4th in the division. The Bucs would do better than that with the exact same team they had last year. It has to be a bias of some sort. The worst trolls on this board pick us better than that. Ridiculous.

they have no faith in Josh.... why does that make them idiots?
Whether you have faith in Freeman or not, he's basically been a .500 QB when the team plays hard. The only reason the Bucs go 5-11 this season is if Freeman has a season-ending injury or if the whole team quits on Schiano. If Freeman is healthy and Schiano doesn't lose the team, I don't see how they don't win at least 7 games again.

If Freeman picks up where he left off last season, 5-11 is a very real possibility!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 30, 2013, 06:30:50 PM

It's not coincidental that PR took a bit of a hiatus in a quality sense after the 10 year period Jim Flynn wrote for the magazine and before Mark Cook joined the staff. Jim Flynn presented his football knowledge on the site better than anyone ever has.

Regarding the article this thread is based on, it is riddled with personnel errors and simply has the bizarre opinion on whether the Bucs are rebuilding or not. I don't know if there's any agenda involved however the thought process there is pretty stupid. Having had experience shaking my head at written comments and spoken comments by one of their writers in the past, it doesn't surprise me.

I think he makes some good points. 5 years into the rebuild and our starting DE are Bowers and Clayborn. At some point you want to look at the roster and say. ........there, we are built. We are clearly not there yet. We have regressed talent wise on the DLine. This indicates we are still rebuilding. I completely agree.

TE
DE
CB
3RD DOWN RB
3RD WR
SLB

There is plenty of work left to get this roster "built".

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 30, 2013, 06:34:21 PM

Of course 5 wins is ridiculous.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 30, 2013, 06:42:57 PM

I think he makes some good points. 5 years into the rebuild and our starting DE are Bowers and Clayborn. At some point you want to look at the roster and say. ........there, we are built. We are clearly not there yet. We have regressed talent wise on the DLine. This indicates we are still rebuilding. I completely agree.

TE
DE
CB
3RD DOWN RB
3RD WR
SLB

There is plenty of work left to get this roster "built".

His point about Talib being an indicator that the team is rebuilding only to sign Revis is what made no sense. All teams are building.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 30, 2013, 07:13:04 PM

Walter is an idiot with an agenda

agenda? why? what's its/their motive to have an "agenda" -

Charlie Campbell.  He was once an OK beat writer for the PR.  IMO he was a marginal hack reporter that based his work on innuendo and supposition. And very little fact. 

nitey

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 30, 2013, 07:19:01 PM

We don't even know if this article was written by Charlie or not (and honestly I don't believe it was), so assuming that he did and saying that he has a Bucs vendetta is silly IMO.

When Charlie was writing for PR I thought his articles were pretty decent and well thought out, exactly opposite of what this article is like. Also Charlie isn't so divorced from the Bucs that he wouldn't have phrased the 'release of Talib was demoralizing to the the team', he knows Talib's history as well as any Buc fan and I doubt he would have been puzzled by the move. Finally, I have read some pro-Buc articles on Walter by Charlie so the idea that he has some type of vendetta doesn't ring true to me.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, it's just an opinion piece and not a very good one at that. If this guy is willing to put his money where his mouth is, I'll take the over 5 all day long.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 30, 2013, 09:10:22 PM

I think sports fans in general need to learn the difference between an agenda and an opinion they disagree with.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 30, 2013, 09:12:07 PM

there seems to be a lotta HATE for Charlie 'round these parts

Can I be Captain of the "Charlie Cambell Sucks!" fan club? I can't stand that greasy haired nerd. Never could and I'm glad he's not part of PR anymore. Much easier to ignore him entirely now that he is with Walters.

The one thing I liked about Charlie was the videos he did for PR back in the day. They were almost unwatchable if not for the unintended hilariousness of Charlie's uncomfortableness in front of the camera. They always gave me a good laugh.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 30, 2013, 09:38:52 PM

As far as the actual stupidity of the article....or blurb...or whatever. It makes no sense in any unbiased reality. 5-11 could happen, but It's no more likely than 13-3. Reality is we have improved the roster and even if Freeman makes no improvement and plays exactly like he did last season, we should be expected to win 8 to 10 games. Predicting 5-11 is just stupid. Plain and simple.

Honestly, going 3-3 in our divisional games is a safe bet we almost always do that or better. So if you except that....then Walter's predicts us to win only 2 other games all year. C'mon man. Just shows any moron with a computer can have their own website.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 30, 2013, 09:38:59 PM

Vegas giving 60-1 odds is one thing. A sportswriter ???? predicting the Bucs to regress and actually be worse than they were last year is beyond ignorant. Based on what evidence? There was none. CC would not write such garbage. He's a nerd, not a nitwit. He would back up his reasoning with facts.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 30, 2013, 10:16:23 PM

there seems to be a lotta HATE for Charlie 'round these parts

Can I be Captain of the "Charlie Cambell Sucks!" fan club? I can't stand that greasy haired nerd. Never could and I'm glad he's not part of PR anymore. Much easier to ignore him entirely now that he is with Walters.

The one thing I liked about Charlie was the videos he did for PR back in the day. They were almost unwatchable if not for the unintended hilariousness of Charlie's uncomfortableness in front of the camera. They always gave me a good laugh.

Wow Dub... wth did he do to you so personal?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools