Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW ADDITIONS WILL MAKE BARRON AND BUCS DEFENSE BETTER « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: July 08, 2013, 10:38:23 AM

Bucs safety Mark Barron had an up and down 2012 rookie season. Having veteran Ronde Barber as a teammate most certainly was a benefit but the additions of Dashon Goldson and Darrelle Revis should make Barron and the entire defense much better in 2013.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8963:&Itemid=15

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 08, 2013, 12:25:34 PM

Good article. I certainly commend you for not falling into the usual(inaccurate) statement made by some in the media that he was played "out of position" or "should have been played in the box". No. If you want Barron in the Box most of his snaps, then he would be a LB, not a Safety. The Bucs are almost always going to have 2 safeties 12-15+ yards off the ball(nearly 80%) of the plays by my count in 2012. While I do agree that having Revis and Goldson back there will take some of the pressure off Barron and make the slice of the field that he is responsible for a little smaller, their presence does nothing in terms of him being in m2m coverage vs a pass catcher. This is an area that he and he alone will have to get better at. He will also have to do a better job of getting his head around and not just trying to block the ball from getting to its target with his body or by extending his arms without turning his head. These things should be coachable. He should be fine in 2012. Revis and Goldson are part of that reason, but 2 other contributors will be coaching and personal growth as a ballplayer who is still adjusting.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 08, 2013, 02:35:45 PM

There is no reason that this defense isn't in the top 10 next year. I know i've been treading lightly with my expectations, but screw it. This defense is freaking loaded with talent and should be very hard to move the ball on. Don't care, 11-5 is my expectation of this team. I expect us to be much much better than most/all of the pundits think.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 08, 2013, 02:57:54 PM

Good article. I certainly commend you for not falling into the usual(inaccurate) statement made by some in the media that he was played "out of position" or "should have been played in the box". No. If you want Barron in the Box most of his snaps, then he would be a LB, not a Safety. The Bucs are almost always going to have 2 safeties 12-15+ yards off the ball(nearly 80%) of the plays by my count in 2012. While I do agree that having Revis and Goldson back there will take some of the pressure off Barron and make the slice of the field that he is responsible for a little smaller, their presence does nothing in terms of him being in m2m coverage vs a pass catcher. This is an area that he and he alone will have to get better at. He will also have to do a better job of getting his head around and not just trying to block the ball from getting to its target with his body or by extending his arms without turning his head. These things should be coachable. He should be fine in 2012. Revis and Goldson are part of that reason, but 2 other contributors will be coaching and personal growth as a ballplayer who is still adjusting.

even with that strong analysis, Hate doesnt accept your PMs?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 08, 2013, 03:57:32 PM

There is no reason that this defense isn't in the top 10 next year. I know i've been treading lightly with my expectations, but screw it. This defense is freaking loaded with talent and should be very hard to move the ball on. Don't care, 11-5 is my expectation of this team. I expect us to be much much better than most/all of the pundits think.

Agree, Im pumped about this team. The defense should be a lot better than last years. 11-5 is doable as long as everybody stays healthy. I know everybody keeps saying "stay healthy" but thats every teams concerns. Usually the talented teams that are able to do so are in it at the end.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 08, 2013, 04:57:48 PM

even with that strong analysis, Hate doesnt accept your PMs?

....bro....I don't get it.

I've given up.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#6 : July 08, 2013, 09:08:58 PM

I really want to share the optimism but am wary of adding up the sum of the parts.
Players, sure, some nice names, but I'm not sure we have the best scheme or coordinator either.
Hoping I'm dead wrong here.
Regardless, we probably won't hit stride as a unit till mid season, something D. Brooks, was fond of saying.

#7 : July 09, 2013, 12:56:50 PM

I'd settle for top 15 but I can guarantee they won't be 1st against the run like they were last year. As was mentioned, they gel, but hopefully they gel 1/3 of the way through the season.

Offense has a good shot be top 10.

Team looks great on paper so 10-6 looks possible to me. 4-2 in the division will go a long way.

Now if both units are top 10 and special teams improve along with everyone staying relatively healthy, watch out bubba!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW ADDITIONS WILL MAKE BARRON AND BUCS DEFENSE BETTER « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools