Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers plan to play Mark Barron closer to the line « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #75 : July 07, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »

A combo of Flip and Sean Jones would be okay I suppose...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #76 : July 08, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »

So you think Barron, who wasnt great in coverage in college and wasnt very good in coverage in his first year in the NFL, and who doesn't have the physical attributes to be great in coverage , is going to magically become  a different player?  The best we can reasonably expect is that he becomes average in coverage and is a great run defender.  But that ain't a top 10 pick.  Not even a first rounder.

True, at this point he needs to be a turnover machine I would be happy.
Turnovers are not consistently repeatable even for the best players. One year Ronde Barber can have 10 INT's, another year he can have 2. It doesn't mean he played bad when he only got 2; it just means he didn't have as many opportunities. I don't care how many turnovers Barron gets; I want him to make the routine plays.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

vicious00cycle

Starter
« #77 : July 09, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »

"Actually, it isn't all that idiotic. All he is saying is that Barron needs to have more of an impact than Jermaine Phillips to justify the top 10 selection. There was no prediction made on whether or not he would get to that point. Posters like you are the problem here. Not FRG. Instead of putting what he said into context, you saw red and couldn't believe that someone had the audacity to put Barron and Phillips in the same sentence. Fact is, Barron didn't have any more of an impact last year than Jermaine Phillips did when he was playing. Does stating that mean that Barron won't improve or be more of an impact safety than Phillips? No...but just because Barron has a lot of hype because he can lay the wood, doesn't mean that he will automatically be a stud Safety. He needs to get better. So you can criticize FRG for stating the obvious, but not for being a troll."

I'm open to the idea that I read that wrong, but it seemed to me that FRG jumped to the conclusion that after Barron's rookie year we just wasted a top ten pick on "Jermaine Phillips". Is that not how it came across to you? After one rookie season, I think it's a bit on the "trolling" side to compare him to anybody. He's a raw, young talent. Needs to improve and I see no reason why anybody would even suggest that won't happen.

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #78 : July 09, 2013, 03:36:15 PM »

The front 7 were suburb in their run stopping ability.

They were ghetto in their pass stopping ability.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #79 : July 09, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »

Whether it would have been Barron starting at SS, or if we had not drafted him and had been starting Ahmad Black there.....the Bucs would have still been #1 against the run in 2012. The front 7 were superb in their run stopping ability. The DBs were essentially inconsequential to the ranking against the run. They were there for clean up duty. The front four did an excellent job of clogging the running lanes and occupying all 5(sometimes 6) run blockers. This allowed Foster and David to get to the ball carrier almost immediately. If the front 7 play like they did last year against the run, we won't need more than 7 guys in the box. It's a passing league. On most plays, both safeties are going to be 12-15+ yards off of the LOS. Keeping Barron in the box most of the time is unrealistic. Grimm makes a good point. Barron struggles in m2m, so the last thing you want to do is move him closer to the LOS where he will be isolated on a particular man in close proximity. He may get to a point in a few year where he can cover almost as good as an average CB in these situations, but the best bet for the time being is to play Barron well off the LOS and let him roam in ZC. With Revis and Goldson back there, Barron should have a smaller role in ZC and should excel. Yes, is Barron good in run support, but just because he is proficient in that area, that doesn't mean you force him into a run supporting role when it is not necessarily needed.

They were ghetto in their pass stopping ability.

con·text
  [kon-tekst]

noun 
the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect. Example: You have misinterpreted my remark because you took it out of context.
« : July 09, 2013, 04:47:38 PM chace1986 »

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #80 : July 09, 2013, 04:42:07 PM »

suburb:
1 a : an outlying part of a city or town b : a smaller community adjacent to or within commuting distance of a city c plural : the residential area on the outskirts of a city or large town 2 plural : the near vicinity :

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #81 : July 09, 2013, 04:46:10 PM »

*whoooosh*

Ahhhhhhh, gotcha. good catch, fxd.
« : July 09, 2013, 04:48:08 PM chace1986 »

gone

Hall of Famer
« #82 : July 09, 2013, 05:08:54 PM »

*whoooosh*

Lol.  So my "suburban pass rush" comment was missed too?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #83 : July 09, 2013, 05:16:08 PM »

It is a GMC product.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #84 : July 09, 2013, 05:57:09 PM »

*whoooosh*

Lol.  So my "suburban pass rush" comment was missed too?

Lol, no I caught that one in the other thread...

Then I come in here and do the same sh*t...SMH. I'll blame auto-correct.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers plan to play Mark Barron closer to the line « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools