Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers plan to play Mark Barron closer to the line « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 03, 2013, 12:12:17 PM

Not true. I stuck up for Barron when he was drafted and said the Bucs think they're getting an elite two-way player who will be top 5 at his position for a long time and if he can be that player he'll have been worth the pick.
but because he didnt set the world on fire as a rookie its bashcity?  flanked by the greatness of biggers, gorrer, and a 40 year old ronde barber?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 03, 2013, 12:17:28 PM

Not true. I stuck up for Barron when he was drafted and said the Bucs think they're getting an elite two-way player who will be top 5 at his position for a long time and if he can be that player he'll have been worth the pick.
but because he didnt set the world on fire as a rookie its bashcity?  flanked by the greatness of biggers, gorrer, and a 40 year old ronde barber?
1. As I've posted many times, look at the recent history of 1st round safeties. You have to go back to Polamalu ten years ago to find a rookie safety who wasn't good and then turned into a good player. The rest of them that underwhelmed continued to underwhelm.

2. Apparently the Bucs are concerned because they're going to ask him to do less.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 03, 2013, 12:26:23 PM

1. As I've posted many times, look at the recent history of 1st round safeties. You have to go back to Polamalu ten years ago to find a rookie safety who wasn't good and then turned into a good player. The rest of them that underwhelmed continued to underwhelm.

2. Apparently the Bucs are concerned because they're going to ask him to do less.
remember you are quoting an unnamed source and an internet blogger.

looking back over the last 10 years, did you take into account defensive schemes and talent around him?  and if they are asking him to do less its because they acquired an allpro FS.  i dont care anymore, ill try to let you beat the drum on this one and just see what happens come the season.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 03, 2013, 02:46:08 PM

This makes a ton of sense. Barron was primarily a in the box defender at Alabama. Ronde last year played that roll as Safety because he was to much of a liability in Coverage. That why he was moved to Safety because he couldn't play CB adequately.

This should be a breakout season for Barron seeing as he will be playering a position he is more suited for.
So we used a top 10 pick on a DB to stop the run.

And more importantly cover Jimminy Graham, Tony Gong and Olsen. Which is what he'll do well at. He's not going to match up against Darrin sproles very well or any other quick slot guy, he's to big, but that was what we liked about him. He's big and fast enough to do well against the elite TE's in the NFC South.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 03, 2013, 03:26:58 PM

Well, he didn't do a good job against TEs last year. Ronde covered Gonzo and Graham just as much as Barron did...so saying those guys didn't do much against us is not evidence that Barron did well vs TEs..because Barron wasn't the only one isolated against those two.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 03, 2013, 03:40:12 PM

Well, he didn't do a good job against TEs last year. Ronde covered Gonzo and Graham just as much as Barron did...so saying those guys didn't do much against us is not evidence that Barron did well vs TEs..because Barron wasn't the only one isolated against those two.

Ronde was covering TEs for years.  Some could say the coaches felt confident enough to give Barron some time against 'em too... cause and effect,
But yeah, Ronde also covering TE last year(as Barron) is the reason why Barron didnt do a good job against TEs last year. Yeah, i see that logic now, lol

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 03, 2013, 04:04:03 PM

Ronde was covering TEs for years.  Some could say the coaches felt confident enough to give Barron some time against 'em too... cause and effect,
But yeah, Ronde also covering TE last year(as Barron) is the reason why Barron didnt do a good job against TEs last year. Yeah, i see that logic now, lol

Umm...that's not even close to the point I was making, so stop trying to start arguments out of thin air. Seems you have some serious trouble comprehending the English language.

Get a better translator, bro.

I'll try and make my point a little simpler for you...maybe you will get it...but it will be in English, so I doubt it.

I was simply stating that the point some make that "Barron did will against Graham and Gonzo because Graham and Gonzo weren't all that effective" is not really accurate because Barron shared duties in covering them. Also, while Barron may not have struggle against those particular TEs, he did struggle against other TEs. His struggles in m2m coverage had nothing to with Ronde and Ronde had nothing to do with the point that was made about Barron's performance.

So either that will help you get what I was saying, or you will try and dig/reach for something else to start an argument over. Either way, I'm not going to get into it with you again in another thread because it will end with you sailing off topic and talking about sandwiches and homeless people again.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 03, 2013, 04:25:31 PM

This makes a ton of sense. Barron was primarily a in the box defender at Alabama. Ronde last year played that roll as Safety because he was to much of a liability in Coverage. That why he was moved to Safety because he couldn't play CB adequately.

This should be a breakout season for Barron seeing as he will be playering a position he is more suited for.

And more importantly cover Jimminy Graham, Tony Gong and Olsen. Which is what he'll do well at. He's not going to match up against Darrin sproles very well or any other quick slot guy, he's to big, but that was what we liked about him. He's big and fast enough to do well against the elite TE's in the NFC South.
Most First Downs and Touchdowns Allowed
1. Roman Harper
2. Mike Adams
3. Mark Barron

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 03, 2013, 04:27:45 PM

1. Roman Harper
2. Mike Adams
3. Mark Barron
Which one of those guys you know will not get any better?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 03, 2013, 04:35:57 PM

Umm...that's not even close to the point I was making, so stop trying to start arguments out of thin air. Seems you have some serious trouble comprehending the English language.

Get a better translator, bro.

I'll try and make my point a little simpler for you...maybe you will get it...but it will be in English, so I doubt it.

I was simply stating that the point some make that "Barron did will against Graham and Gonzo because Graham and Gonzo weren't all that effective" is not really accurate because Barron shared duties in covering them. Also, while Barron may not have struggle against those particular TEs, he did struggle against other TEs. His struggles in m2m coverage had nothing to with Ronde and Ronde had nothing to do with the point that was made about Barron's performance.

So either that will help you get what I was saying, or you will try and dig/reach for something else to start an argument over. Either way, I'm not going to get into it with you again in another thread because it will end with you sailing off topic and talking about sandwiches and homeless people again.

Thanks for clearing that up, because this wasnt even anything close to what i read out of your 1st post.

Still its up for debate how this gets us any furtherm since i/we already knew that overall stats of TEs do not tell us how Barron did in his limited amount of  matchup against those guys, nor did anyone even brought up those overall stats of TE in this thread here yet.
When specifically talking about Barrons ability to cover TEs were are as wise as before.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 03, 2013, 04:41:46 PM

1. Roman Harper
2. Mike Adams
3. Mark Barron
thats a great stat and all, but do we know more about it?  m2m, zone?  i skew stats all the time, and i realize it fits great with your argument over barron.  but i think it would be great it we could ask why - or how.  was he not fast enough?  did he bite on a fake?  did he not know his responsibilities?  was he guessing run?  did the LB not drop deep enough?  did the CB give a poor jam?  was it poor ball skills?

gone

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 03, 2013, 04:42:17 PM

Mark Barron's forte was never pass coverage
That's not what they said when he was drafted.

TONY G WASNT TRYING!

1) Schiano may have oversold Barron's coverage abilities, but Barron had some questions about it nationally, he was going to hopefully be "solid" against the pass, but was not really expected to be spectacular by most people. 

2) The Falcons mailed that game in.  Sorry, they just did. 

3) Barron is going to be fine.  He was a rookie, in a newly developed scheme, with horrible position coaching.  Another year, with fixes to the scheme, and proper coaching and I expect he will look much better.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 03, 2013, 04:45:59 PM

1. Roman Harper
2. Mike Adams
3. Mark Barron
thats a great stat and all, but do we know more about it?  m2m, zone?  i skew stats all the time, and i realize it fits great with your argument over barron.  but i think it would be great it we could ask why - or how.  was he not fast enough?  did he bite on a fake?  did he not know his responsibilities?  was he guessing run?  did the LB not drop deep enough?  did the CB give a poor jam?  was it poor ball skills?
Yes, I'm sure Barron is the lone representative who is good among a bunch of players most fans would recognize as bad or average. He just got really unlucky and failed by his coaches and teammates. It's also a huge coincidence a bunch of players most would consider to be good didn't give up a lot of first downs and touchdowns.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 03, 2013, 04:52:07 PM

2) The Falcons mailed that game in.  Sorry, they just did. 
sure.  it also reinforces your point that when the falcons were really trying against the Bucs they won by an entire point.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 03, 2013, 04:52:35 PM

Schiano may have oversold Barron's coverage abilities, but Barron had some questions about it nationally, he was going to hopefully be "solid" against the pass, but was not really expected to be spectacular by most people. 
Sounds like a great use of a top 10 pick.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers plan to play Mark Barron closer to the line « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools