Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs doing everything they can to lift the blackouts this year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

tampajim

Practice Squad

#45 : July 05, 2013, 12:41:39 PM

By converting those seats to "Group Sales" or "Corporate Sales", they become classified the same as the CLUB SEATS.  They don't count against the number of ticket sales needed to raise the black out.  I will retract my statement about a PHYSICAL TARPING of the seats, but there will still be entire sections that are unavailable for public sale.   There is no way these entire sections will be filled by corporate sales for every game...the Monday Night game...maybe.

Bucko40 - You are the one with the FAIL.  By following your link, the sections I mentioned DO NOT have any seats available, because they are blocked off...not sold out.  Do you really believe that only that one specific corner of the upper deck is sold out?  Really?

Hate - Closing ENTIRE sections because of some special needs seating is not even logical.

We can all revisit this thread after the season starts.  Blackouts will be lifted, and the sections I mentioned in this thread will be empty.  I will be at the game.  I will take pictures of the sections in question.  The season opener against the Saints should be a very good game to judge volume of Bucs fans at the stadium.

I started this thread because NOBODY has mentioned the closing of these sections in the media.  Not Pewter Report.  Not the local newspapers.  Not the local sports talk radio.  I have been coming to PR for inside Bucs knowledge for many years, so I felt this discussion needed to happen here.

TampaJim

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#46 : July 05, 2013, 12:59:59 PM

Can you say "TARPA-BAY!!!!

I'm going to the Monday night game against the Fins...Fiancee and her father are huge  Phin fans,and I'm going to earn bragging rights!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#47 : July 05, 2013, 02:04:06 PM

I'm going to the Monday night game against the Fins...Fiancee and her father are huge  Phin fans,and I'm going to earn bragging rights!

that's it? just one game? thought you were a bigger fan that that - come on man - support the team

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 09, 2013, 10:57:11 PM

Looking at the Buccaneers' official web site, it seems as though we are going to have a VERY strong season ticket base in 2014. Why do I say this? Each section holds, on average, about 650 seats. Yet, there is an average of about 30 seats available in each section. The stadium on buccaneers.com's virtual venue has not looked as close to capacity as it does now in over 4 years! If we live up to this year's expectations I truely feel that we could sell out EVERY game this season. Wow! Isn't that something?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#49 : July 09, 2013, 10:57:51 PM

That would be a nice surprise for sure. I'll be there either way though.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#50 : July 09, 2013, 10:58:52 PM

Likewise, brother.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#51 : July 10, 2013, 05:16:16 AM

Looking at the Buccaneers' official web site, it seems as though we are going to have a VERY strong season ticket base in 2014. Why do I say this? Each section holds, on average, about 650 seats. Yet, there is an average of about 30 seats available in each section. The stadium on buccaneers.com's virtual venue has not looked as close to capacity as it does now in over 4 years! If we live up to this year's expectations I truely feel that we could sell out EVERY game this season. Wow! Isn't that something?

Confused - where are you looking to see seats are being sold?  Virtual venue and Ticketmaster? Don't think those sites are good indicators since the Bucs often block, protect seats for later sales (single game). If the success but poor attendance of the other MLB team is any indication, the economy hasn't improved dramatically to make a difference, imo.  Prime time cames will definitely help the team though.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#52 : July 10, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

I think that people are going to be very surprised at the amount of "sell-outs" that we have this year.

Only way I will be surprised is if we DON'T sell out every home game. After signing Revis, Goldson, Jackson, and Nicks.....and drafting young superstars like Martin and David....there is no way we should have any blackouts. There are no more excuses left. If we get blacked out all year once again, then Tampa simply doesn't deserve to have an NFL franchise.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#53 : July 10, 2013, 08:47:48 AM

The 85% rule is a farce.  They have to declare a blackout so early in the week that any game aleady at 85% sells is probably going to be a sellout anyways .

: July 10, 2013, 08:49:21 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#54 : July 10, 2013, 10:36:17 AM

Confused - where are you looking to see seats are being sold?  Virtual venue and Ticketmaster? Don't think those sites are good indicators since the Bucs often block, protect seats for later sales (single game). If the success but poor attendance of the other MLB team is any indication, the economy hasn't improved dramatically to make a difference, imo.  Prime time cames will definitely help the team though.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/bucs/EN/buy/details/13FULL

The rays are a poor indicator of the Bucs' future attendence for a multitude of reasons that are well known and I won't waste time getting into. Right now, the ticketmaster site is a good indicator IMO. The reason I say this, the majority of sections in the stadium are either sold out or have 1-20 tickets left in that section. I know the Bucs sometimes don't list all tickets available in a section but that is only hen a section is not selling. There appears to be only 2-3 sections in the stadium with over 70 Ickes remaing (which may be those particular sections where other tickets are not yet available)

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#55 : July 10, 2013, 12:59:22 PM

I have a good feeling that more games will be on TV for the casual and non die hard fans to watch. I could see the 2 prime time games, 49ers, Saints, and Eagles games all being televised.

Blackouts don't effect me, so it's  a non issue.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#56 : July 10, 2013, 06:16:55 PM

There appears to be only 2-3 sections in the stadium with over 70 Ickes remaing (which may be those particular sections where other tickets are not yet available)

they haven't even made single tickets available for sale yet so you can't know the status of the likelihood of sellouts.  They block a boatload of tickets for single game sales and don't allow them to be season tickets. Only time will tell if they've made gains on the ticket sales.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#57 : July 10, 2013, 10:43:36 PM

There appears to be only 2-3 sections in the stadium with over 70 Ickes remaing (which may be those particular sections where other tickets are not yet available)

they haven't even made single tickets available for sale yet so you can't know the status of the likelihood of sellouts.  They block a boatload of tickets for single game sales and don't allow them to be season tickets. Only time will tell if they've made gains on the ticket sales.

Listen to yourself. Why would the Bucs limit season ticket sales? That makes no sense, lol.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#58 : July 11, 2013, 10:58:45 AM

I'll be going to my first Bucs game in Tampa since Raymond James was built for the big Thursday nighter against the Panthers!!! I moved to Alaska a while ago and it's hard to be able to get down to Tampa haha. Then I saw them in Nashville a couple years ago in what was a miserable day and a lame loss.... so I'm excited to be amongst the home fans and I truly hope Ray Jay is rocking that night! If I lived in Tampa I'd go as often as possible. I'm cautiously optimistic but I think there's good reason for fans to fill the stadium this year :)

Not living, just killing time.

hihobibo

Rookie

#59 : July 11, 2013, 01:04:16 PM

Listen to yourself. Why would the Bucs limit season ticket sales? That makes no sense, lol.

I believe every team does that. The Steelers have a huge waiting list for season tickets, but every year they sell  tickets for individual games. To lock out fans who can't afford to attend every game/pay for every game would be pretty elitist.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs doing everything they can to lift the blackouts this year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools