Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs doing everything they can to lift the blackouts this year « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

tampajim

Practice Squad

#60 : September 26, 2013, 03:14:05 PM

By blocking off these sections, the Bucs were able to lift the blackouts for the entire season.  Now they still might have to purchase some tickets....but all of these blocked off sections don't count towards the 85% rule.

TampaJim

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#61 : September 26, 2013, 03:15:45 PM

I think that people are going to be very surprised at the amount of "sell-outs" that we have this year.

The Bucs have done something with their seating that I haven't seen PR, the local newspapers, or radio talk about. They are covering up several sections of seats with tarps like they do in Jacksonville and the upper deck at the Trop. I know this because I am a season ticket holder, and I have been since the original Tampa Stadium. The Bucs this year aren't just covering upper deck seats. They are covering some seats in the lower bowl also. When the new stadium was built, we were given some of these lower level seats since we were long time season ticket holders. Now we have been forced to move to other sections. I'm happy with my new seats, so that isn't the point of this post.

The point is...when you combine the 85% rule with the "covered seats", and you subtract the Club Seats (because they don't count toward the sell out numbers) plus the lower ticket prices and the improved product on the field...there is a very good chance that EVERY GAME THIS YEAR WILL BE ON LOCAL TV.

Go Bucs! See you guys at the game...

Good call.  Kudos.

tampajim

Practice Squad

#62 : September 26, 2013, 03:21:15 PM

Thanks.

They didn't actually use tarps, but they blocked the sections from sale to the general public by labeling them GROUP SALES ONLY.

These seats plus the CLUB seats do not count toward the 85% sell out we need to lift the blackout.

TampaJIm

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#63 : September 26, 2013, 03:44:15 PM

Good call Jim and good for the Glazers.  It's about time they did something for the fan base after the past 5 years + of b$
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs doing everything they can to lift the blackouts this year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools