Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs doing everything they can to lift the blackouts this year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

tampajim

Practice Squad

« : July 02, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »

I think that people are going to be very surprised at the amount of "sell-outs" that we have this year.

The Bucs have done something with their seating that I haven't seen PR, the local newspapers, or radio talk about. They are covering up several sections of seats with tarps like they do in Jacksonville and the upper deck at the Trop. I know this because I am a season ticket holder, and I have been since the original Tampa Stadium. The Bucs this year aren't just covering upper deck seats. They are covering some seats in the lower bowl also. When the new stadium was built, we were given some of these lower level seats since we were long time season ticket holders. Now we have been forced to move to other sections. I'm happy with my new seats, so that isn't the point of this post.

The point is...when you combine the 85% rule with the "covered seats", and you subtract the Club Seats (because they don't count toward the sell out numbers) plus the lower ticket prices and the improved product on the field...there is a very good chance that EVERY GAME THIS YEAR WILL BE ON LOCAL TV.

Go Bucs! See you guys at the game...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #1 : July 02, 2013, 10:20:50 AM »

Tarping isn't a good thing. I've heard nothing of the sort. Can anyone else corroborate this?

I know it's been a struggle but this is the best team the Bucs have had in a decade. You'd think they'd wait to see the fan reaction before tarping off parts of the stadium.

Then again...maybe they've seen enough. It will be interesting if this is indeed true, not to mention troubling.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #2 : July 02, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »

Still expecting blackouts

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #3 : July 02, 2013, 10:24:42 AM »

Once they start winning...   this will be a non-issue.

We all know this is a very good team (as JoT points out) but the casuals need to get that information too...

Tarps are easily removed...   

Going to be a fun season.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #4 : July 02, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »

I think that people are going to be very surprised at the amount of "sell-outs" that we have this year.

The Bucs have done something with their seating that I haven't seen PR, the local newspapers, or radio talk about. They are covering up several sections of seats with tarps like they do in Jacksonville and the upper deck at the Trop. I know this because I am a season ticket holder, and I have been since the original Tampa Stadium. The Bucs this year aren't just covering upper deck seats. They are covering some seats in the lower bowl also. When the new stadium was built, we were given some of these lower level seats since we were long time season ticket holders. Now we have been forced to move to other sections. I'm happy with my new seats, so that isn't the point of this post.

The point is...when you combine the 85% rule with the "covered seats", and you subtract the Club Seats (because they don't count toward the sell out numbers) plus the lower ticket prices and the improved product on the field...there is a very good chance that EVERY GAME THIS YEAR WILL BE ON LOCAL TV.

Link? 

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #5 : July 02, 2013, 10:30:55 AM »

"You'd think they'd wait to see the fan reaction before tarping off parts of the stadium."

Tarping isn't that time-consuming of an activity. When the deadline approaches, divide the number of tickets sold by .85, then subtract that number from stadium capacity. The number you get is the number of seats you need to tarp to have a sold-out stadium.

tampajim

Practice Squad

« #6 : July 02, 2013, 11:01:59 AM »

Here is a link to buy season tickets this year:  https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/bucs/EN/buy/details/13full

If you hover over some of the RED SECTIONS, you will see that they are available for GROUP SALES ONLY.

Here are the sections that will be closed off:

201, 202, 203, 204, 226, 227( this is the section where my season tickets were), 228, 229, 242, 243, 244, 245
341, 342, 343.

These seats plus the CLUB seats do not count toward the 85% sell out we need to lift the blackout.

TampaJIm

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #7 : July 02, 2013, 11:15:13 AM »

There is a lot of speculation in your post - first that the Glazerhousers will opt again the 85%, and that the tarped seats aren't included in the seating capacity of the stadium. Just because they tarp them doesn't mean the capacity is reduced.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #8 : July 02, 2013, 11:37:09 AM »

Simply stated, it´s a marketing move. The more people sample the product on local TV 8 times this year, the more likely they have a tendency to buy in the future. Winning cures all but having the fence sitters and front runners see the team win games on TV would  have a big impact on ticket sales.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #9 : July 02, 2013, 11:48:35 AM »

"Just because they tarp them doesn't mean the capacity is reduced."

Unless people are going to sit on the tarps, I think it does.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : July 02, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »

Bucs doing everything they can to lift the blackouts this year

but if they really are doing everything they can, you have to give them the nod because their business is at stake - having games on TV locally is good for their product and future sales in seasons to come.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #11 : July 02, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »

"In what is being termed a “capacity adjustment,” the Raiders are planning to block off many upper-deck seats, CSNBayArea.com reports. The move is reminiscent of the tarps the Jaguars have put up in their stadium, blocking off thousands of seats that they’re unable to sell."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/raiders-will-lower-seating-capacity/

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : July 02, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »

"Just because they tarp them doesn't mean the capacity is reduced."

I stand corrected: the magic number for avoiding a blackout comes from the non-tarped non-premium seats.   

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #13 : July 02, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »

Tarping, of course, has got to be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying out unsold tickets.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #14 : July 02, 2013, 12:42:26 PM »

Once they start winning...   this will be a non-issue.

Tarps are easily removed...   

I was under the impression that tarps were permanent for that football season once they were put over a section.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs doing everything they can to lift the blackouts this year « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools