Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs doing everything they can to lift the blackouts this year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 03, 2013, 02:16:55 PM

Since there are not many lower bowl seats left on Ticket master I'm calling BS on this post.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/tampa-bay-buccaneers-vs-new-orleans-tampa-florida-09-15-2013/event/0D004A90BF1C696E?artistid=806026&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

IF the Bucs were going to Tarp the top rows then there wouldn't be any seats available in those section. Sorry tampajim. Epic Fail.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 03, 2013, 02:20:47 PM

Here is a link to buy season tickets this year:  https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/bucs/EN/buy/details/13full

If you hover over some of the RED SECTIONS, you will see that they are available for GROUP SALES ONLY.

Here are the sections that will be closed off:

201, 202, 203, 204, 226, 227( this is the section where my season tickets were), 228, 229, 242, 243, 244, 245
341, 342, 343.

These seats plus the CLUB seats do not count toward the 85% sell out we need to lift the blackout.

TampaJIm

Those Section are all sold out and that's why you can't find seats in those sections.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#32 : July 03, 2013, 03:06:35 PM

Those 200-level sections haven't been sold-out for years. In fact, those are the sections that have been the sea of open red sets for most games over the last 4 seasons. I know because I sat there many times when moving down from my nose-bleeds (Now I have endzone seats).    Ticketmaster isn't a good way to check the availability of seats as the Bucs block, save, protect seats for single game buyers and other reasons.

http://buccaneers.io-media.com/

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 03, 2013, 09:33:10 PM

Did some digging and indeed it seems that the moves are being done for group sales and corporate sponsorships. Apparently the ticket folks are going to be much more aggressive in attracting those types of larger parties. It's good, I think with things improving in the area that its time our local franchise engage our local companies to participate in these types of things. As Morgan said, it would certainly help if the Bucs won some home games. They've been dreadful at Ray Jay over the last few years. First and foremost, fans like to walk out of that stadium feeling like their team is a winner. Can't do that when you're losing to a putrid Eagles team with a possible run at the playoffs on the line.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 03, 2013, 09:50:44 PM

I can assure you that corporate sales are on the rise. My peon told me so.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 04, 2013, 02:00:08 AM

Back before the local economy took a dump, the Bucs could usually convince one of their sponsors (Publix, etc.) to buy up remaining tickets if the game was close to lifting the blackout. If the remaining tickets are now grouped together, it should be much easier to twist a sponsor's arm to gobble them up unlike before when the unsold tickets were scattered throughout the stadium.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 04, 2013, 02:54:42 AM

Did some digging and indeed it seems that the moves are being done for group sales and corporate sponsorships. Apparently the ticket folks are going to be much more aggressive in attracting those types of larger parties. It's good, I think with things improving in the area that its time our local franchise engage our local companies to participate in these types of things. As Morgan said, it would certainly help if the Bucs won some home games. They've been dreadful at Ray Jay over the last few years. First and foremost, fans like to walk out of that stadium feeling like their team is a winner. Can't do that when you're losing to a putrid Eagles team with a possible run at the playoffs on the line.
good piece you wrote on HFA and home records - agree w/ that comment re: Eagles' loss

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 04, 2013, 02:59:52 AM

Back before the local economy took a dump, the Bucs could usually convince one of their sponsors (Publix, etc.) to buy up remaining tickets if the game was close to lifting the blackout. If the remaining tickets are now grouped together, it should be much easier to twist a sponsor's arm to gobble them up unlike before when the unsold tickets were scattered throughout the stadium.
sounds logical- Bucs (all major sports franchises here) need better corp support to succeed here - most NFL franchises are getting help/support.

cflabucsfan

Rookie

#38 : July 04, 2013, 07:48:30 AM

I would much rather go to the game than watch it on TV. I love the atmosphere, and I love being able to see the whole field and watch plays develop. My first ever live game was the '79 playoff game against the Eagles. It was the most exciting game I've ever been to. I've been fortunate enough to get to a dozen or so games over the years. It's an expensive day to be sure. I hope to be able to take in a game this year.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 04, 2013, 07:55:48 AM

I would much rather go to the game than watch it on TV. I love the atmosphere, and I love being able to see the whole field and watch plays develop. My first ever live game was the '79 playoff game against the Eagles. It was the most exciting game I've ever been to. I've been fortunate enough to get to a dozen or so games over the years. It's an expensive day to be sure. I hope to be able to take in a game this year.

Sure, if you only go to one game every three seasons (your avg), it's an exciting thing to do. Many of us go to 10 games a season. You can understand how that would become less novel as compared to someone that goes once in a blue moon.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 04, 2013, 08:02:39 AM

Comments on the Insider Board indicates no tarps.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

cflabucsfan

Rookie

#41 : July 04, 2013, 01:17:22 PM

Sure, if you only go to one game every three seasons (your avg), it's an exciting thing to do. Many of us go to 10 games a season. You can understand how that would become less novel as compared to someone that goes once in a blue moon.

I guess I'd rather get to go to a game once in a blue moon and be excited about it, rather than go 10 times a season and have it be a ho-hum experience.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 04, 2013, 01:49:08 PM

I completely agree CFLA.....and if the Ray Jay experience has become so ho-hum for some, wouldn't she be better served to go get a manicure, play bridge, take up yoga something of that ilk?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 04, 2013, 02:16:10 PM

I guess I'd rather get to go to a game once in a blue moon and be excited about it, rather than go 10 times a season and have it be a ho-hum experience.

Yes - I'm in that boat, too.  You can understand why not everyone is as enthusiastic since it has become ho-hum.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 04, 2013, 02:16:50 PM

When I had season tickets and went to every game, it never became ho hum. I know plenty of season ticket holders who agree. Always fun, even with a crappy team.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs doing everything they can to lift the blackouts this year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools