Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO AGAIN MAKES IT CLEAR FREEMAN IS HIS GUY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 03, 2013, 01:53:40 PM

Good Oline?

Are you evaluating the Oline that hasn't taken one snap yet in 2013,  or the crap he has played behind since day one?

Your posts have reached troll status... and are damn near unreadable.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 03, 2013, 02:50:19 PM

Freeman is probably going to be great one day when he is in the right situation.

and what exactly would the right situation be?

SF's OL
NO's TEs
Denver's WRs
Sean Payton as the QB coach
John Harbaugh as the HC
2002 Bucs defense

or something similar....

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 03, 2013, 02:59:04 PM

Good Oline?

Are you evaluating the Oline that hasn't taken one snap yet in 2013,  or the crap he has played behind since day one?

In theory, it's a good OL. Definitely not top 5 in the league or great, but good. Yes, until they all step out on the field together for most of the season, it's hard to paint them as anything more than "potentially good"...but you gotta be encourage by the improvement we saw Bostad bring. Freeman had more time last year than he has his whole career as a Buc. There seemed to be plenty of running lanes as well. As far as individuals on the OL go, I would say that we have a middle of the road average C who probably has peaked, an average RG who is what he is, a RT who could get to an above average-good level of play, a good LT, and a great LG. As a unit, if they can mesh nicely, they certainly can be productive at opening lanes and keeping a clean pocket...for the most part. I am encouraged by what Bostad did with chicken wire and duck tape last season.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 03, 2013, 03:15:22 PM

Freeman is probably going to be great one day when he is in the right situation.

SF's OL
NO's TEs
Denver's WRs
John Harbaugh as the HC
2002 Bucs defense

or something similar....

you forgot Peterson at RB

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 03, 2013, 03:37:05 PM

Oh, yes. My bad.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 03, 2013, 03:41:41 PM

SF's OL
NO's TEs
Denver's WRs
John Harbaugh as the HC
2002 Bucs defense

or something similar....

you forgot Peterson at RB

plus Rodgers at QB.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 03, 2013, 06:03:19 PM

Good Oline?

Your posts have reached troll status... and are damn near unreadable.

Are you serious?  The topic here is the Oline that Freeman has played behind since day one. Go back and look at 2009, 2010, 2011 and last year.

Freeman has shown flashes of greatness while playing behind way below average Oline.

The point is that the current Oline is not part of the conversation, comprende?

If my posts are unreadable then don't read them. I surely don't read all of yours.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 03, 2013, 06:34:24 PM

Good Oline?

In theory, it's a good OL. Definitely not top 5 in the league or great, but good. Yes, until they all step out on the field together for most of the season, it's hard to paint them as anything more than "potentially good"...but you gotta be encourage by the improvement we saw Bostad bring. Freeman had more time last year than he has his whole career as a Buc. There seemed to be plenty of running lanes as well. As far as individuals on the OL go, I would say that we have a middle of the road average C who probably has peaked, an average RG who is what he is, a RT who could get to an above average-good level of play, a good LT, and a great LG. As a unit, if they can mesh nicely, they certainly can be productive at opening lanes and keeping a clean pocket...for the most part. I am encouraged by what Bostad did with chicken wire and duck tape last season.

Did nobody understand my post?

The Oline we have this year is by FAAAAR the best that Freeman has had in his entire career. I've got no issues at all with the 2013 Oline. The 2013 Oline just can't be a part of the conversation when you are talking about the Oline that Freeman has been playing behind.

He has flashed greatness behind a way below average Oline. I can guarantee that if Freeman walks there will be a huge market for his services. People that know how to evaluate will see what he has done.

And since you guys are throwing names out there how about these names.

Faine
Hardman
Trueblood
Zuttah struggled until 2011.
Barker
Carter
Larsen
Dotson
Lee
Meredith
Allen
Wallace.

His pro bowlers are D Joseph And Penn. Anyone trying to argue that Freeman has had a good Oline all these years is way off base.  And I haven't even mentioned A Benn, Caddy, Lumpkin, Ward,  Clayton, John Gilmore, Stovall, etc.

That list is a virtual who who of the who's not worth a crap.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 03, 2013, 06:39:06 PM

It's really come full circle. The same people who crowned Freeman as the "franchise QB" after 2010 are now saying that he sucks. It was too early to crown him after 2010 and it's too early to give up on him now.

Haters gonna hate.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 03, 2013, 06:56:28 PM

"The same people who crowned Freeman as the "franchise QB" after 2010 are now saying that he sucks"

Lmao. Surely it must be the same people, for any explanation more complicated than that would fry your little brain.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 03, 2013, 07:08:14 PM

"The same people who crowned Freeman as the "franchise QB" after 2010 are now saying that he sucks"

Lmao. Surely it must be the same people, for any explanation more complicated than that would fry your little brain.

Are you going to contribute to the conversation or are you just trolling?

You may want to look up the definition of a troll. It's not someone you disagree with,  it's someone who just says things to get a response usually a personal attack.

Check.

Check.

And check.

]

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 03, 2013, 07:34:34 PM

Sing it Grimm.

The OL that he has isn't the OL that has been playing. He has two very solid WR's. A muscle wombat (hey, he did want another name) that can tote the pill.

And now the defense shouldn't get passed on as much.

I tell you...it might be a bad time to pick on freeman. These same people ranting are going to happily sit down and eat crow later on I believe.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 03, 2013, 09:01:42 PM

I was making fun of Grimm's black and white thinking, how that constitutes bashing Freeman is a contortion of logic only you  would come up with.

You see that all the time around here, "first they said this, then the same people said that!" No, it wasn't the same people at all. The simple minded just like to combine them into an imaginary opponent that they're able to out-reason. Hilarious, really.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 03, 2013, 09:13:58 PM

I was making fun of Grimm's black and white thinking, how that constitutes bashing Freeman is a contortion of logic only you  would come up with.

You see that all the time around here, "first they said this, then the same people said that!" No, it wasn't the same people at all. The simple minded just like to combine them into an imaginary opponent that they're able to out-reason. Hilarious, really.

I hope you're not talking to me.

I was talking about his stance on freeman, the OL, and how the people (whomever they are) will probably take back what they've been saying.

And you might as well group them together, there's just so many of them.  ::)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ufcguy32

Starter

#29 : July 03, 2013, 09:55:43 PM

this town is ridiculous, schiano has said it over and over again that josh is his guy.  competition is to push guys as well as develop for the future. glennon will be a better guy to push josh then dan o would be. this town is always looking to crucify someone
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO AGAIN MAKES IT CLEAR FREEMAN IS HIS GUY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools