Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO AGAIN MAKES IT CLEAR FREEMAN IS HIS GUY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 03, 2013, 10:53:35 PM

Greg Schiano knows this team won't make the playoffs without Josh Freeman at QB. Freeman has been inconsistent, but he's still been the most prolific QB in franchise history. Imagine a consistent Josh Freeman with a stable coaching situation and a talent laden team. It's coming.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 03, 2013, 11:12:40 PM

One's imagination is probably the only place where one would find a "consistent Josh Freeman".

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 03, 2013, 11:28:29 PM

It's coming.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 03, 2013, 11:33:07 PM

It's coming.

What exactly are you expecting from Free this year??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 04, 2013, 12:38:56 AM

I was making fun of Grimm's black and white thinking, how that constitutes bashing Freeman is a contortion of logic only you  would come up with.

You see that all the time around here, "first they said this, then the same people said that!" No, it wasn't the same people at all. The simple minded just like to combine them into an imaginary opponent that they're able to out-reason. Hilarious, really.

Yes they are the same people.

I don't think hate is going to deny it either. I can search it if he wants to go that route.

BTW Mister noob with 200 posts,  how the heck would you know?

Get off my nuts noobie.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 04, 2013, 12:57:14 AM

Sing it Grimm.

The OL that he has isn't the OL that has been playing. He has two very solid WR's. A muscle wombat (hey, he did want another name) that can tote the pill.

And now the defense shouldn't get passed on as much.

I tell you...it might be a bad time to pick on freeman. These same people ranting are going to happily sit down and eat crow later on I believe.

Well I agree with you 100%.Failure to factor in the OL that Freeman has been playing behind is very short sighted. And the fact that he has never had stability in an offense should also be factored in.

I see this completely different than most around here. I believe Freeman over achieved last year big time. Rather than viewing the bad games as all Freeman's fault, I view the great games he had to be nearly miraculous considering the OL he played with last year.

Plug in an average NFL QB with that OL and expect about 50 sacks per year. I'm completely on the Freeman bandwagon right now. There is plenty of room on the Wagon right now thanks to these short sighted "fans" who have given up on the best QB in franchise history.

I guarantee you that the Arizona Cardinals will be watching this year with great anticipation. He would be a great fit for them and they just re-tooled their OL big time in the draft. Could be a great fit. I can guarantee that he will get a huge FA offer after this year and rightly so.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 04, 2013, 01:25:08 AM

Gimm, it's not just the cards that would want him. The jets, browns, raiders, jags, bills, Miami, and maybe even the lions, rams, or Eagles could all be in the bid.

How many QB's now have we sent off, only to have it come back and bite us in the rear? Honestly, I have to say I'm tired of being the "college" team of the NFL, where QB's get developed, then shipped off.

The only thing that made freeman look bad was this horrible pass defense. IF they had played even average, we would've sniffed playoffs at least. No doubt he dropped off towards the end, but I have to ask myself, how long does it take for a QB to wear out playing catch-up every game? I guess we have our answer.

For the haters..you can have your Luke mccown clone drafted in the third, or you can go FA or draft high next year. Fact of the matter is, none...NONE of us know what to expect from any of them, but we know, or should know by now, ...bringing in someone new is not always the answer. I don't think people understand that they might be clamoring for gradcowski all over again. We know how beautiful freeman can play, and about his putrid days, but at least he actually has very solid games now and again.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 04, 2013, 10:01:18 PM

Still, it's not a ringing endorsement. More like tolerating overtone to it.

Honestly, he sounds more enamored with his Luke mccown clone than freeman.

Agree.  I took it as,     SCHIANO AGAIN MAKES IT CLEAR FREEMAN IS HIS GUY  [for now]

True of every position on this team. "he's our man" until we can replace him with someone better. Should be no surprise to people.
Yep. Alex Smith knows this very well... In Tampa, it's all up to Josh whether he can fight off Glennon all season long. Schiano will likely tolerate Josh's brain farts far less this season...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 04, 2013, 10:07:57 PM

I'm expecting Freeman to have his best season as a buc so far. He's got the best team around him he has had since being drafted here. Hes in the offense for another year. I think he will play his best football yet. Will happily eat crow I'm wrong.

gone

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 04, 2013, 11:22:53 PM

I'm expecting Freeman to have his best season as a buc so far. He's got the best team around him he has had since being drafted here. Hes in the offense for another year. I think he will play his best football yet. Will happily eat crow I'm wrong.

I'm expecting him to crash and burn, or, at best, remain a bottom-third QB.  I'll be happier with my crow if I'm wrong than you'll be with yours.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#40 : July 04, 2013, 11:36:02 PM

A smidge altruistic IMO. But that's OK. I'm sick of losing too.

gone

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 05, 2013, 12:00:30 AM

A smidge altruistic IMO. But that's OK. I'm sick of losing too.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO AGAIN MAKES IT CLEAR FREEMAN IS HIS GUY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools