Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody else worried about RB? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 03, 2013, 07:02:47 PM

--- Quote from: Feel Real Good on Today at 11:26:25 AM ---Teams with good offensive lines are supposed to be able to plug in anonymous back ups and get production.

--- End quote ---

I believe well-coached is also a prerequisite for that scenario.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#46 : July 03, 2013, 07:07:50 PM

--- Quote from: Feel Real Good on Today at 11:26:25 AM ---Teams with good offensive lines are supposed to be able to plug in anonymous back ups and get production.

--- End quote ---

I believe well-coached is also a prerequisite for that scenario.
Good thing we have that too.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#47 : July 03, 2013, 11:24:47 PM

Greg Spires Deluxe is a compliment. I don't know how you missed it unless you're selectively blind. Dude was not bashing AC.
greg spires averaged about 4 sacks a year.  in greg spires best season of production he barely eclipsed AC's rookie year.  "bag of rocks"?  odd compliments imo, but maybe boid will expound.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#48 : July 04, 2013, 05:52:05 AM

Greg Spires Deluxe is a compliment. I don't know how you missed it unless you're selectively blind. Dude was not bashing AC.
greg spires averaged about 4 sacks a year.  in greg spires best season of production he barely eclipsed AC's rookie year.  "bag of rocks"?  odd compliments imo, but maybe boid will expound.

I don't get your train of thought GT. Clayborn looked pretty good as a rookie but in my estimation he is a LDE type player who is playing out of position because he can't play on the left. He's really not a very good fit for a 4-3 defense at all. He should be in a 3-4. He had a decent rookie year and then he looked like he walked in off the street last year. He sucked very badly and then got hurt. Are you particularly high on this guy?

I like Bowers. I think he is a very talented LDE. But the guy has been injured just about the entire time he's been here. He has 4.5 sacks total in 2 years. So between the two of them they have 4 seasons here combined. They average 3 sacks per. 4 years and between the two of them they have collectively completed one full season. .Clays rookie year.

Why are you so confused about Boids comment?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#49 : July 04, 2013, 09:33:53 AM

Are you selectively blind?
no.

I loved Spires style. Just a dented lunch pail type of guy. I think AC is a better version of that. As we all do.

But their injuries and production are things to worry about. Just reality. GT isn't confused. I am. Thought he would be able to interpret better.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#50 : July 04, 2013, 09:46:59 AM

i wouldn't mind the likes of a Turner giving us the insight of the FALCONS! and using to mash out defenses

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#51 : July 04, 2013, 09:50:35 AM

Turner is a decent option. But will he accept a minimal role?  Some egos can't handle that.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#52 : July 04, 2013, 09:53:12 AM

Turner is a decent option. But will he accept a minimal role?  Some egos can't handle that.

at this point he has no choice. most of these guys are looking to get paid as soon as possible.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#53 : July 04, 2013, 10:59:32 AM

at this point he has no choice. most of these guys are looking to get paid as soon as possible.
The guy played behind LT.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#54 : July 04, 2013, 11:22:50 AM

And he got paid by the Falcons when the Chargers realized what they had and given their frugality...

Maybe one day James becomes a good problem for us, in that regard.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#55 : July 04, 2013, 03:15:50 PM

a guy that was good enough in college to be a starter in the ACC would be a start.
alfred morris wasnt even good enough to get into the ACC, was he?
Willie Parker wasn't good enough to be the starter at UNC but he was one of the best RBs in the game for about 3 seasons. I don't remember Arian Foster being anything special at Tennessee either but look at him now. You just never know.
foster would have been a 2nd round pick if he had come out as a junior.  He was one of the better backs in the SEC..  Went back for his senior year, had a new coach, got in his doghouse because he didnt like his new lesser role, didnt play much and had some injuries.  That coach apparently bad mouthed him to scouts as well and he went undrafted.
So NFL organizations let a 2nd round worthy running back go completely undrafted only because of the words of a new coach he had? You want me to believe that, when DB that didnt play at all one year because he smoked up all the weed in Louisiana went in the 4th round? That excuse wouldn't work well because this the NFL not the Sisters of Mercy.
look it up yourself if you don't believe me .  Here's a link to his stats:  http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/arian-foster-1.html

As you can see as a junior in 2007 he rushed for about 1200 yards, 4.9 yards per carry, 12 rushing TDs, caught 39 passes for another 340 yards and 2 TDs. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#56 : July 04, 2013, 03:19:12 PM

im not worried at all.  backup RB's are interchangable.  they block and they hit holes. 

some folks want to argue how great a back martin is...but in the same breath they expect to have a backup just as good.
i think you are forgetting we already had a capable backup in Blount before the draft and gave him away for basically nothing.  Replacing him him a guy that isn't capable of producing like we know LGB was is a step backwards.
Capable of what exactly? What did he do last year? He couldnt get on the field.
funny how you were one of the biggest Blount fans on this board not too long ago.  You know you are wrong but don't want to admit it.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#57 : July 04, 2013, 03:26:03 PM

Back to Foster, as a junior he accounted for 117 yards per game of their offense and a td.  He left as their 2nd all time leading rusher with almost 3000 rushing yards and almost 4000 total yards.  The guy was most definitely draft worth player and the fact he quickly became one of the best backs in the NFL support that. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#58 : July 04, 2013, 03:49:56 PM

I don't get your train of thought GT. Clayborn looked pretty good as a rookie but in my estimation he is a LDE type player who is playing out of position because he can't play on the left. He's really not a very good fit for a 4-3 defense at all. He should be in a 3-4. He had a decent rookie year and then he looked like he walked in off the street last year. He sucked very badly and then got hurt. Are you particularly high on this guy?
why do you believe that clayborn is not a fit for a 4-3?  what position in a 3-4 do you think he would do well at?  i am high on the guy.  i dont think he will give us 20 sacks in a season, but i certainly see a team leader and 10 sacks.  i think he is a lunch pail guy similar to spires...but i think he is a much more talented guy, with a much higher ceiling.  and a freak play at the begininng of his 2nd season doesnt scare me away.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#59 : July 04, 2013, 03:51:49 PM

funny how you were one of the biggest Blount fans on this board not too long ago.  You know you are wrong but don't want to admit it.
i was a big blount fan at one time also.  i just dont think he has the mental drive to be a great player.  if he has a great season for the pats i will gladly eat my words.  but i dont see it happening.  i dont see the patriots trusting blount to protect and serve brady.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody else worried about RB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools