Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody else worried about RB? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

All Eyez on Me

Starter

: July 03, 2013, 09:45:57 AM

I dont want to poo poo the Bucs because i like a lot of the moves we have made over the last few years but RB is a big concern for me. If Doug Martin goes down we have no depth and are in serious trouble. Couldnt this have a domino affect? If Martin and running game go away, then Josh Freeman could struggle more than he would have had if he had a running threat behind him. Is there any RBs out there that we could get to add some depth right now? Ive heard McGahees name mentioned but does he have anything left in the tank?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 03, 2013, 09:51:59 AM

Yes, yes, yes, don't know.  I doubt Dom signs anyone though. 

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 03, 2013, 10:17:38 AM

RBs will be falling out of trees after the preseason, Im positive Dom will sign one if the guys we have now disappoint.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 03, 2013, 10:21:04 AM

RBs will be falling out of trees after the preseason, Im positive Dom will sign one if the guys we have now disappoint.
so another teams garbage will be our treasure?  We want to be a run oriented team but our backup would be a guy that another team doesn't deem worthy of being on their roster.  Sounds about right.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 03, 2013, 10:27:53 AM

so another teams garbage will be our treasure?  We want to be a run oriented team but our backup would be a guy that another team doesn't deem worthy of being on their roster.  Sounds about right.
Signing a guy right now will mean the same exact thing... But you just b|tch to b|tch so I wouldn't expect you see it that way... Sounds about right

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 03, 2013, 10:28:11 AM

We drafted one and signed one before draft. But apparently we should sign another one that is NOT considered to be worth to keep NOW, while those guys that get cut after preseason still are seen as worth to be on the roster NOW. Or do you want us to trade for one NOW, before seeing what the two new guys can do? Sounds about right.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 03, 2013, 10:33:24 AM

Most, many, all of teams in the NFL have a large drop off at RB or any other position if the starter gets hurt. We're lucky to have Doug, he is a top 10 talent, Mike James is gonna get a shot, Smith is gonna get a shot, Leonard has more experience than talent at this point but could be serviceable.

We're not great but we're okay. I'll take okay after having Blount and that other guy before.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 03, 2013, 10:42:01 AM

im not worried at all.  backup RB's are interchangable.  they block and they hit holes. 

some folks want to argue how great a back martin is...but in the same breath they expect to have a backup just as good.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

freddy

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 03, 2013, 10:53:17 AM

Not at all. There are still bigger fish to fry.  If a solid back is available (usually being available means he's not solid though) then I'm all for it, at the right (read low) price.

19bucs19

Second String

#9 : July 03, 2013, 10:58:00 AM

We will be fine at back-up, someone will emerge if need be

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 03, 2013, 11:01:45 AM

im not worried at all.  backup RB's are interchangable.  they block and they hit holes. 

some folks want to argue how great a back martin is...but in the same breath they expect to have a backup just as good.
a guy that was good enough in college to be a starter in the ACC would be a start. 

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 03, 2013, 11:05:16 AM

Far more worried about the DE position.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 03, 2013, 11:10:58 AM

a guy that was good enough in college to be a starter in the ACC would be a start.

M James did not start all his games in 2012 for Miami? Or did i miss how the 'canes left the ACC last year?

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 03, 2013, 11:14:46 AM

The only position on the team I'm less worried about is WR.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 03, 2013, 11:15:53 AM

alfred morris wasnt even good enough to get into the ACC, was he?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody else worried about RB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools