Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the new regime « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 05, 2013, 05:52:24 PM

Here...let me clarify for you...we have a crap dc running a college defense.  Make sense yet?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 05, 2013, 05:54:54 PM

Here...let me clarify for you...we have a crap dc running a college defense.  Make sense yet?
so you mistyped when you wrote we were running the same schemes that NY did in 2009?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 05, 2013, 06:13:13 PM

I mean...I get it. The point of the thread, that is. In an underhanded fashion, make a point that the success of Seattle's secondary was heavily predicated on the pass rush, and not the talent of the DBs. Make believe that it was this "excellent" or "suburb" unit that "really made those guys"......but it is just that, make believe. Like I said, I get it. With this false portrait painted, it will make it a lot easier to claim the Bucs secondary's potential success will be predicated on their talent, while Seattle's secondary only reaped the benefit of an excellent pass rush. Once again, I'm not saying that Seattle's pass rush was bad. They were good, and a hell of a lot better than ours, but saying that they were "excellent" and were mostly responsible for the secondary's success, is simply absurd.

maybe i'm just being a homer

Yes, I'd say so.

my point exactly you don't have to 100 sacks as a team a year to be a great D. the amount of pressure those guys up front put on opposing QBs is ridiculous. if we happen to get a push like the Seahawks our DBs will blossom guaranteed
or if we have better coverage our pressure/disruptiveness will look much better.  its very subjective.

Nope. Apparently, if their DBs have success, since they weren't all 1st or upper round picks or winning collegiate awards, then it is because of their pass rush/scheme/magic fairies/football gods.
If our guys have success, it will be because they were all (pretty much) highly touted coming out of college, and had plenty of accolades coming in, which of course, all but guarantees NFL success/stardom...right?

WOW, nice argumantation here.
Kinda sad you fall for the same false painted portraits on other topics as those 'homers' here you call out so much, which ruins the whole post btw,

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 05, 2013, 06:15:20 PM

Scheme looked fine to me, with some tweaks and better players it could work. Talib getting burnt after the first 3 yards is the usual for him. Barber got old, Biggers always had position but couldn't make the play. The scheme of this defense reminds me of the Bengals D. For the first time in years we have Talent on every level of the defense.   

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 05, 2013, 07:08:40 PM

I didn't say "how are they great if they went after Bennett and Avril?". I know they weren't "great", so I have know need to ask that rhetorical question. I said that if they felt that their pass rush was at the level that you say it is, which is excellent or suburb, then they would have seen no need to go after the top 2 edge rushers on the market. Having an excellent or suburb pass rush means that from top to bottom you can constantly generate pass rush no matter who is on the field. Seems they want to take their pass rush from the level of good, to the level excellent. Fact is, the Seahawks didn't generate at ton of pressure off the edge on a consistent basis and want to get better in that regard.

..and the Broncos WR comparison is flawed. Most of the time, you will see Decker, Thomas, and Welker on the field at one time. All three will start and play most of the offensive snaps. You wont see Clemons, Bennett, Avril, and Irvin on the field at once.

Still need a break? ;)

I'm not really a fan of the suburban pass rush myself.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 05, 2013, 08:04:52 PM

Don't really see why anyone wouldn't.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the new regime « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools