Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's play the realignment game! « previous next »
Page: 1

The Motto

Rookie

: July 06, 2013, 05:46:58 PM

I honestly think the NFC is too strong now. A lot of good teams are going to miss out on the playoffs this year because of the divisions having too many good teams.

So how would you like to realign the the 8 divisions?

AFC EAST
Teams: Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, New York Giants and New York Jets

AFC NORTH
Teams: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts and Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC SOUTH
Teams: Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Rams and Tennessee Titans

AFC WEST
Teams: Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks

NFC EAST
Teams: Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins

NFC NORTH
Teams: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings

NFC SOUTH
Teams: Atlanta Falcons, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC WEST
Teams: Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos and Houston Texans

Now the way this is set up, divisions seem fairly even and there are less miles to travel. I do think that the NFL should check into realignment. The AFC just isn't in the same League as the NFC.

Post how you would like to see the divisions look.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#1 : July 06, 2013, 05:57:17 PM

The AFC has won 6 of the last 10 championships, including the most recent year. They had 3 teams with 12 or more wins. I'm not buying into the idea that the NFC is overpowered.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 06, 2013, 07:05:23 PM

Just a few years ago, they were talking about how the NFL should go through realignment because of how **CENSORED**ty the NFC West was, sending the 7-9 Seahawks to the playoffs. Now look at that division. Things change in a heartbeat.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 06, 2013, 07:13:50 PM

There was an article posted here awhile back, about realignment.

It made pretty good sense. All the Florida teams in one division with Atlanta.

But there are too many purist atop the NFL, they will never change it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 06, 2013, 07:20:33 PM

No one is touching the NFC East. No one.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 06, 2013, 07:39:06 PM

I went with:

AFCS - TB, Miami, Jax, Carolina
AFCW - Sea, Den, KC, St. Louis
AFCN - Pitt, Cle, Cin, Ten
AFCE - Indy, Buffalo, NE, NYJ

NFCS - ATL, NO, Hou, Dal
NFCW - Ari, SF, Oakland, SD
NFCN - Det, GB, Chi, Dal
NFCE - Wash, Phi, Balt, NYG

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

CTGuyton

Second String

#6 : July 07, 2013, 02:11:04 AM

I don't like the idea of having all 3 FL, CA, NY teams in the same divisions.  Here are my suggested divisions.

NFCW:  SF, Sea, Den, SD
AFCW: Oak, Ari, KC, Hou
NFCS:  Dal, NO, TB, ATL
AFCS:  Mia, Jax, Car, Tenn
NFCN:  Minn, GB, Chi, Det
AFCN:  Indy, STL, Cin, Cle
NFCE:  Was, Buf, Phi, NYG
AFCE:  Pitt, Bal, NE, NYJ

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 07, 2013, 06:09:43 AM

A big chunk of attendance at the Florida teams' games is northerners following their teams down to catch a break in the winter weather. If the Florida teams were matched up against each other most weeks attendance would be abysmal.
: July 07, 2013, 10:03:12 AM CyberDilemma

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 07, 2013, 10:02:03 AM

I honestly think the NFC is too strong now. A lot of good teams are going to miss out on the playoffs this year because of the divisions having too many good teams.

So how would you like to realign the the 8 divisions?

AFC EAST
Teams: Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, New York Giants and New York Jets

AFC NORTH
Teams: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts and Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC SOUTH
Teams: Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Rams and Tennessee Titans

AFC WEST
Teams: Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks

NFC EAST
Teams: Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins

NFC NORTH
Teams: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings

NFC SOUTH
Teams: Atlanta Falcons, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC WEST
Teams: Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos and Houston Texans

Now the way this is set up, divisions seem fairly even and there are less miles to travel. I do think that the NFL should check into realignment. The AFC just isn't in the same League as the NFC.

Post how you would like to see the divisions look.

Disagree with your premise. Maybe you are too young to remember the cycles of winning by teams in the AFC

Do you  remember the number of years the present AFCW teams were winning on a regular basis. How about the Bills 4 years in a row to the SB? The numbers of years the Browns were champs?

How about NFC losers, including our Bucs, Green Bay, Detroit,  Dallas in the early years,  49ers hot and cold etc etc

But I like your pure geographical re-alignment suggestion. It probably wont fly because of some rivalries that are pretty much cast in stone (Dallas in the NFCE as an example).

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 07, 2013, 10:13:31 AM

Nor should it be. Often times people like to tinker just for the sake of change when leaving well enough alone is more than adequate.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#10 : July 07, 2013, 10:30:18 AM

I miss being part of the black and blue division.  Great rivalries back in the day.

creamsicles

Starter
#11 : July 07, 2013, 03:22:08 PM

If the nfl had more games and travel costs were a higher percentage of expense, I could see a massive restructuring like this.  it makes sense geographically.  Since travel costs aren't a primary concern as percentage of revenue and all teams appear to be making a healthy profit, I don't see this happening, short of significant expansion of teams... there are several candidates i.e. Mexico City, London, Oklahoma City, LA, Las Vegas, San Antonio, Salt Lake City, etc.  Expansion could cause some pieces to move around and could significantly impact the number of divisions.  If they added two teams which would be the most probable outcome, they'd have a headache with alignment based on poor divisibility of 34. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's play the realignment game! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools