Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws QB Countdown for 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#60 : July 07, 2013, 10:49:59 PM

Can people stop putting Joseph and Nicks in the same sentence when talking about the offensive line improving? Davin isn't good and comparing him to Nicks is ridiculous.

Additionally, anyone who thinks someone with a career record under .500 at both the college and pro levels has proven himself to be a franchise guy is delusional.

So Steven Jackson wasn't a franchise RB on those turrible Rams teams?
Probably the dumbest defense of Freeman ever. Comparing him to a running back.

Not a defense of Freeman. It's a defense of the "team wins ≠ franchise player" theorem. I'll give you some time to wrap your head around it.

I present the Brown's Joe Thomas as another foil to your theory.
Context is something the freeman apologists really fail to grasp.

LMAO You can't refute anything, so you resort to name calling? Trust me dude, I don't care who the QB is, as long as we WIN.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#61 : July 08, 2013, 08:30:39 AM

Can people stop putting Joseph and Nicks in the same sentence when talking about the offensive line improving? Davin isn't good and comparing him to Nicks is ridiculous.

Additionally, anyone who thinks someone with a career record under .500 at both the college and pro levels has proven himself to be a franchise guy is delusional.

Not a defense of Freeman. It's a defense of the "team wins ≠ franchise player" theorem. I'll give you some time to wrap your head around it.

LMAO You can't refute anything, so you resort to name calling? Trust me dude, I don't care who the QB is, as long as we WIN.

Lets be honest, QB is totally different to RB or OL. If Freeman would be the Doug Martin/S Jackson/J Thomas of QBs, the team/win% should look at lot different. A QB has a lot more influence on teams wins than any other single position. But evaluating QB skills (just) by team wins is totally stupid.

But rather than talk about what Freeman is and how to make best use of this, on and off the field, we talk about what Freeman is not or might never be.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#62 : July 08, 2013, 07:32:15 PM

It is real easy to stop. Watch.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#63 : July 08, 2013, 09:04:23 PM

Lets be honest, QB is totally different to RB or OL. If Freeman would be the Doug Martin/S Jackson/J Thomas of QBs, the team/win% should look at lot different. A QB has a lot more influence on teams wins than any other single position. But evaluating QB skills (just) by team wins is totally stupid.

But rather than talk about what Freeman is and how to make best use of this, on and off the field, we talk about what Freeman is not or might never be.

Bingo. But this guy said "anyone" not QBs. Therefore any positional player is included. Even then, I'm not judging a QB on team wins. Heck we won a Super Bowl with WHO!?

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#64 : July 22, 2013, 05:17:02 PM

Frees ranked #6

Ryan ranked #5
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws QB Countdown for 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools