Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Must Find Help for the Muscle Hamster « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#60 : July 07, 2013, 11:31:05 PM

and if they're worse than him, who wants 'em??
Shonn Greene is a good back, he's not a world beater but he's good. The offense he played for sucked.
and Derrick Ward was actually good on the Giants and he did good(IIRC) when we dumped him and he went to the Texans, but we all know he's not really good. If the Bucs are as good as they should be, than none of need to sweat the backup RB position

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#61 : July 09, 2013, 10:36:55 PM

Even though I think our RB stable is fine, here's for everyone who is upset about our RBs after Martin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216936/article/ranking-the-nfls-deepest-backfields

If Dom is concerned, could he be eyeing some of those situations? Lots of nice potential backups there that may get cut.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#62 : July 11, 2013, 07:23:41 PM

Ranking the NFL's thinnest backfields

This isn't a list of the running back groups that have lost the most weight this offseason. What teams are an injury away from real trouble?

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Losing Doug Martin would be devastating for the Bucs' offense. It's a steep drop to Brian Leonard and Mike James on the depth chart. Tampa should look to add another body.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Maurice Jones-Drew is a shiny name at the top of the depth chart, but he has serious injury concerns coming into the season. If MJD gets hurt or needs a spell, journeyman Justin Forsett is next in line. Rookie Denard Robinson is listed as an "offensive weapon" but will probably play receiver more. Jordan Todman and Jonathan Grimes fill out the depth chart. There's a lot of hoping here, and not a great plan.

3. Kansas City Chiefs: Andy Reid has one of the best running backs in the league with Jamaal Charles. Reid has one of the shakiest situations behind his starter. Rookie Knile Davis looked like a workout wonder with suspect instincts. Next up: Shaun Draughn and Cyrus Gray. This running game could collapse if Charles was hurt.

4. Oakland Raiders: Any team starting Darren McFadden should assume that their backup is going to start multiple games. The candidates in Oakland: Rookie Latavius Murray, deposed former Jaguar Rashad Jennings, and underrated second-year pro Jeremy Stewart. It's never good when a team is counting on a sixth-round draft pick to matter.

5. St. Louis Rams: Chris Wesseling loves him some Isaiah Pead. There's potential there. Daryl Richardson looks like a fine third-down back. There is buzz about fifth-round draft pick Zac Stacy, but he was a fifth-round choice. Add it all up, and the group is still trailing behind the pack.

6. New York Giants: David Wilson is a very promising starter, but he's unproven in the role. Everyone assumes Andre Brown is a great second option because of one Thursday night performance against the Carolina Panthers. Brown was a great story, but there's usually a reason four teams let a player go. A veteran addition would not surprise.

7. Miami Dolphins: Lamar Miller is one of our upcoming "Making the Leap" candidates, but we have no faith in Daniel Thomas as a primary backup and the team only has fifth-round rookie running back Mike Gillislee behind him. I'm a huge Ryan Tannehill fan, but there's a risk the team will put too much on his plate.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217277/article/ranking-the-nfls-thinnest-backfields

Wait a minute, i thought Brian Leonard was the shlt?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#63 : July 11, 2013, 07:27:44 PM

He is.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#64 : July 11, 2013, 07:33:52 PM

He is.

His 1 td in 6 years suggests he stinks  ;D

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#65 : July 11, 2013, 08:02:31 PM

He is.

So you're saying our potential back up runningback has one more TD in the NFL than I do?  Not very impressive.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#66 : July 11, 2013, 08:17:37 PM

He is.

So you're saying our potential back up runningback has one more TD in the NFL than I do?  Not very impressive.

Exactly!!

youngone

Hall of Famer

#67 : July 11, 2013, 09:12:47 PM

He is.

Exactly!!
But he's not the primary back up.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#68 : July 11, 2013, 09:15:34 PM

I forgot, we have the 6th round pick. Would u be comfy with him starting week 1?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#69 : July 11, 2013, 09:22:56 PM

I forgot, we have the 6th round pick. Would u be comfy with him starting week 1?
Against the Jets.... sure, why not?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#70 : July 12, 2013, 07:31:47 AM

This would be only the case if he beats out Martin, making me quite comfy then or if Martin would have gone down before week 1, and this what we picked him for, over the other guys on the roster now, over the (anticipated) RB cuts before week 1, putting me in some kind of comfy zone, since our staff obviously likes him, when drafted.
Either way, should he start week 1, he earned the job, over the guys on our roster, over the guys that got cut (who could have been picked up by us), over the guys we could still trade for. Another reason why i'm quite comfortable seeing him start week 1, he then obviously impressed the staff on the field/TC. He did not get the Job by just 'being there', being tallest midget...he then earned it.

For comparision sake, some are not scared of a 1st rounder starting for us in week 1 of 2014 at QB. There is no guarantee a quality guy is even available where we pick(or can trade to), so no guy our staff likes(unlike this 6th round RB called M James, who they like as a backup/starter) There is not even any competition for him to earn the job nor is there any backup plan to, should he totally suck in TC/preseason. There is no the 'McGahee of QBs' available, there are not real roster cuts before week 1 at QB to sniff up one there and there is no QB we just can trade for to be our starter in week1.
He will get the job just by 'being there' on draft day for us, this is pretty much the only thing that 'qualifies' him for, beside MAYBE beating out Glennon, but this is as impressive as 0-12 without Freeman. I am absoultly not comfy about this.

The decision for M James to start week 1 is not made yet. Before that he will have to pass multiple test to earn the job.  So i do not even have to be comfortable about it NOW, but i see a ton of reasons why i WILL feel comfy about should he start week 1, because he then earned it...over pretty much anyone available to us right now... all those guys you want to bring in NOW.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#71 : July 12, 2013, 08:41:21 AM

I hope insecurity at the RB position was worth the 7th round pick...

You mean trading Blount? He was never a part of the plan. Thought he might have a Marrion Barber role for a while until he fumbled the ball late in the game when we were trying to run the clock out. He is hardly security.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Must Find Help for the Muscle Hamster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools