Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Furloughs of military supports staffs around the world - and this « previous next »
Page: 1

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
: July 05, 2013, 07:11:00 PM

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/video?clipId=9063535&topVideoCatNo=236673&autoStart=true

Yep, it is clearly too big to manage - time to prune or replace

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 07, 2013, 08:26:10 AM

Tough times for a lot of employees at our local military base. Things are out of control...

Population control.

Start taking away refunds for a few years.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 07, 2013, 06:40:44 PM

... or stop dumping money into people who deserve/work even less for it. I won't even get into the other federal programs/agencies that are way less valuable than the military, and even less deserving of the gravy train they're on. I'll just go straight to the untold hundreds of billions that are dumped into different "entitlements" for people who have no business getting a handout, or just desperately need for the teet to be pulled away so they can pull their weight. I know/have seen way too many examples to cite. It makes me sick that people, institutions, and programs that are actually valid are dangled against the bottom-feeders/takers' programs. End result: furloughs and 20% of pay being taken from military support staff, but Obama phones flow freely. There's something seriously twisted about that scenario.

If you want to talk about fraud and waste, recommend you start there before talking about the relatively huge well of wasted funds spent on "unnecessary" military travel.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 07, 2013, 07:10:24 PM

Perhaps the World Tour taken by the head of the executive branch could be curtailed until the budget issues are under control - nah - what am I thinking - that only works for businesses and families

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Furloughs of military supports staffs around the world - and this « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools