Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking NFL Teams By Skill Positions « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nitey

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 07, 2013, 08:36:00 AM

This might be a case where the position unit is greater than the sum of the parts, while I'm willing to concede the top position to the Falcons (for now), there is no way that I would take the Saints personnel over the Bucs other than at the TE position. Also, the skill positions don't operate on a island as their success or failure is directly effected by the offensive line and in that, I think we have the best offensive line in the division. When you factor in the ability of the offensive line to improve the play of the skill positions, I think we are very close to same ability as the Falcons.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 07, 2013, 10:21:30 AM

#13 New England Patriots (Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Aaron Dobson, Donald Jones)

You've got to be kidding me. Pats belong in the bottom quarter. Also this is why Brady is the best QB. Look what he's working with week one.

Brady's had plenty of skilled receivers to work with recently, including Moss, Welker, Hernandez, and Gronkowski has proven to be the best receiving TE in the league.

WEEK. ONE. OF. 2013.

Oh, so you saying Brady is the best simply based on what he's working with in WEEK.  ONE.  OF.  2013?  If so, then Mark Sanchez/Geno Smith is the GOAT.

Your previous post clearly implies that Brady is the best because he hasn't had any quality talent to work with, which is obviously incorrect.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 07, 2013, 12:53:16 PM

Many want to place Rodgers above Brady. That bothers me.

When it comes to swagger, leadership, moxie and throwing of the football they are equals. Where Rodgers excels is in his athleticism.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 07, 2013, 01:02:06 PM

When it comes to swagger, leadership, moxie and throwing of the football they are equals. Where Rodgers excels is in his athleticism.

I agree with this 100% but what's unreal about Brady is that his lack of athleticism doesn't hurt him at all. He has arguably the greatest pocket mobility in history. Both are special football players.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 07, 2013, 01:08:49 PM

I agree with this 100% but what's unreal about Brady is that his lack of athleticism doesn't hurt him at all. He has arguably the greatest pocket mobility in history. Both are special football players.

No doubt, his pocket awareness is second to none.

Rodgers' athleticism adds a dimension to his game that Brady doesn't possess and that's that he can kill you with his legs if you aren't paying attention. To me, his game most resembles that of my all time favorite QB, Steve Young.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 07, 2013, 02:01:40 PM

No doubt, his pocket awareness is second to none.

Rodgers' athleticism adds a dimension to his game that Brady doesn't possess and that's that he can kill you with his legs if you aren't paying attention. To me, his game most resembles that of my all time favorite QB, Steve Young.

Yea, Rodgers' athleticism is scary because he also doesn't take big hits when he takes off. He's a really smart runner and has 18 career TDs on the ground which is insane. Slides in for the TD and gets up and does that championship belt. Even if you stop the aerial assault, he'll beat you with his legs.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 07, 2013, 03:11:02 PM

#13 New England Patriots (Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Aaron Dobson, Donald Jones)

You've got to be kidding me. Pats belong in the bottom quarter. Also this is why Brady is the best QB. Look what he's working with week one.

Brady's had plenty of skilled receivers to work with recently, including Moss, Welker, Hernandez, and Gronkowski has proven to be the best receiving TE in the league.

WEEK. ONE. OF. 2013.

Oh, so you saying Brady is the best simply based on what he's working with in WEEK.  ONE.  OF.  2013?  If so, then Mark Sanchez/Geno Smith is the GOAT.

Your previous post clearly implies that Brady is the best because he hasn't had any quality talent to work with, which is obviously incorrect.

Yep. That's totally what I'm saying. Gawsh you're smart. [/sarcasm]

Maybe try reading my original post.

EDIT: I'll be less of an ass for someone with tenure.

In my original post. I said the Pats belong in the bottom quarter of these rankings. Look at what's going on in WEEK ONE! Meaning: No Gronk. No Hernandez.

This is why Brady is the best. He's got BARE BONES to work with and he's not worried.
: July 07, 2013, 03:13:54 PM Lord Freesus

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 07, 2013, 03:23:29 PM

This is why Brady is the best. He's got BARE BONES to work with and he's not worried.

He's not?

It looks like your spin is only matched by your speculation.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 07, 2013, 03:26:41 PM

He's not?

If I had one guy to win the Super Bowl with this season, it'd be Brady. If your opinion is different, then great.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 07, 2013, 03:47:06 PM

He's not?

With Brady losing Hernandez and Gronk held together by duct tape, I suspect he is not thrilled with the situation right now.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 07, 2013, 03:47:31 PM

Freesus - I think Brady's fantastic, but he has had great weapons to work recently (unlike the beginning of his career) and any QB that is losing his top five receiving options (Gronk, Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez, and Woodhead) from the previous season would be worried Week 1.  That's going to be tough for him.  Amendola will help some, but it's going to be interesting to see what their offense will look like.
: July 07, 2013, 06:47:40 PM Biggs3535

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 07, 2013, 06:31:58 PM

Yup. Brady is going to key in on these scrubs' strengths and get the most out of them.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking NFL Teams By Skill Positions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools