Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve Spurrier "The Brat, Bully, and Coward" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 15, 2014, 08:36:54 AM

34-22-2.

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

Runole

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 15, 2014, 04:56:49 PM

1.14-0  37-7 ,National champions, Heisman Trophy

or

2. 4-8 also losing to Miami and Georgia Southern.

Gee that is tough one!

:D     

Time to get ready for another championship and beat down of the gata's   HC Stevie would already be sheeting his pants having to travel to a place he never won!  Every gator fan states "PRAISE the LORD" Stevie is not here....

Odds that Mushchamp will still be head coach going into the FSU game?

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 15, 2014, 05:14:36 PM

1.14-0  37-7 ,National champions, Heisman Trophy

or

2. 4-8 also losing to Miami and Georgia Southern.

Gee that is tough one!

:D     

Time to get ready for another championship and beat down of the gata's   HC Stevie would already be sheeting his pants having to travel to a place he never won!  Every gator fan states "PRAISE the LORD" Stevie is not here....

Odds that Mushchamp will still be head coach going into the FSU game?

I'll keep the 34-22-2 overall record, thank you. Congrats on becoming relevant again. Forgot you guys were still around. As far as Mushchamp, I give it 50/50 on him coming back next season. And as of today, I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 16, 2014, 12:06:35 AM

Does fsu play any ranked teams this season?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 16, 2014, 01:32:46 PM

Does fsu play any ranked teams this season?

Rankings change every week so....

Does it really  matter?  They will be ranked #1 in the country when the season starts.    Could another Wire to Wire be in the future?

Hey as long as FSU beats UM  UF , and wins the ACC championship they are in the playoffs. add  likely victories against Okla St and Notre Dame and that cements it further.   Now of course they cant lose more than (1) regular season game.

No team in the country plays an out of conference schedule as impressive as FSU with UF Notre Dame and Okie State.

Hopefully UF won't bring down the SOS too much.

: August 16, 2014, 01:34:26 PM Runole

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 16, 2014, 02:29:10 PM

No team in the country plays an out of conference schedule as impressive as FSU with UF Notre Dame and Okie State..
i think it could actually be argued that UFs OOC schedule is more difficult.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 16, 2014, 05:22:59 PM

No team in the country plays an out of conference schedule as impressive as FSU with UF Notre Dame and Okie State..
i think it could actually be argued that UFs OOC schedule is more difficult.

Now if you are going to make the argument because FSU is on the schedule out of conference that this is the toughest out of conference game any team in the nation faces I would agree.   

However, that is a game that has been played every year since 1958 when the series started. Since it is played every year, I don't think it should be used. Neither team can change that game nor should they.

On the other had UF plays Eastern Michigan ,Idaho , and Eastern Kentucky  please convince me that that is a tougher slate than Notre Dame Oklahoma St, and Citadel.

Perhaps one of those 3 is better than Citadel but certainly no other teams are comparable to ND and OKie St.  Please explain  how you feel that would be more difficult?

FSU played Idaho last season and won 80-14!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 16, 2014, 05:29:47 PM

I didn't realize nd was ranked, for that reason I would say fsu schedule is a little more difficult.  Is it tougher to beat 3 teams ranked 30 or 1 team ranked 1?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 17, 2014, 11:48:20 AM

I didn't realize nd was ranked, for that reason I would say fsu schedule is a little more difficult.  Is it tougher to beat 3 teams ranked 30 or 1 team ranked 1?

You do make a good point!   14-0  National Title winners, Heisman Trophy winner,   Beat Florida 37-7 for their worst loss at home to FSU in their history.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve Spurrier "The Brat, Bully, and Coward" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools