Boards > College Football Board

The stench in Gainesville at UF!

(1/33) > >>

Runole:
 Jenkins, the cornerback, eventually left Florida for North Alabama after Meyer’s successor, Will Muschamp, dismissed him from the team after marijuana arrests. Several months later, Jenkins spoke to The Orlando Sentinel about his dismissal.

“If Coach Meyer were still coaching, I’d still be playing for the Gators,” he was quoted as saying. “Coach Meyer knows what it takes to win.”

Wonder if the UF media can silence the NY TImes?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sports/ncaafootball/hernandez-among-many-arrested-at-florida-in-the-meyer-years.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp

The sad part about the whole Hernandez issue is there is an endemic problem in the way UF deals with its lawbreaking football players.  When you have a Bull Gator booster SA Cervone and a DA Huntley Johnson that works pro bono to get practically every charge reduced or eliminated to keep them playing Saturday's game clearly something is terribly wrong at UF.

Are there any UF fans not appalled by this behavior of the criminal justice system and the UF athletic department administered by Foley.?   Is winning really that important?  Please don't give me the "Every school does this" crap.  I believe it is time for Bull Gators to put their wallets away and seriously clean up the mess they have created..  How many times are charges mysteriously dropped before a trial even occurs?  It doesn't take much to realize that victims wallets are being fattened to keep CRIMINAL players on the field.

Is there no integrity honesty decency or ethics at UF when it involves their athletic teams.  Is there even such a thing as accountability for ones deplorable behavior?   

Sandusky was horrible but collectively it would appear that UF's handling of its bad apples is equally appalling.   You have to wonder had Hernandez been properly disciplined and held accountable there may be as many as 3 people alive today.

GameTime:
you start your rant with a quote about jenkins being kicked off the team...then you ask if there is a such thing as accountability?

Runole:

--- Quote from: GameTime on July 07, 2013, 04:50:27 PM ---you start your rant with a quote about jenkins being kicked off the team...then you ask if there is a such thing as accountability?

--- End quote ---

The Jenkin's quote is just an indictment on Meyer and  UF at that time..   Accountability?   Surely this is a sign that Muschamp is completely different  right?

Hmmmm?  It appears that might be a bit premature...   

http://www.alligator.org/sports/columns/article_f255f44a-d7d5-11e2-93e8-0019bb2963f4.html

Again I ask the question do you approve of the actions of Cervone, Johnson, Foley ,and Bull Gator boosters wallets for keeping UF football players involved in criminal activity on the field no matter what it takes?

GameTime:

--- Quote from: Runole on July 08, 2013, 09:35:09 AM ---The Jenkin's quote is just an indictment on Meyer and  UF at that time..   Accountability?   Surely this is a sign that Muschamp is completely different  right?
http://www.alligator.org/sports/columns/article_f255f44a-d7d5-11e2-93e8-0019bb2963f4.html
Again I ask the question do you approve of the actions of Cervone, Johnson, Foley ,and Bull Gator boosters wallets for keeping UF football players involved in criminal activity on the field no matter what it takes?

--- End quote ---
did you even read the article?  im guessing not.  ac leonard?  gone.  dunker?  gone. 

i have no idea about cervone or johnson, couldnt tell you what they do, who they are, where they come from.  and  most dont unless they are members at warchant.  Foley is widely recognized as one of the premiere AD's in the country.

Runole:
Huntley Johnson   from the Wall Street Journal

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323823004578594142608224534.html

Here is another article not from any FSU affiliated site...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/urban-meyer-tries-set-record-straight-aaron-hernandez-185542932.html

So do you think Urban Meyer speaks the truth?

All under that premier athletic directors?   watch.

GameTime:
i think urban meyer is the coach at ohio st, so i quit following the guy.  i follow will muschamp now.  and in the article you referenced 3 of the 4 guys mentioned for being in trouble were booted from the team by muschamp.  i used to believe in meyer much more than i do nowadays.

as far as the wsj article on johnson, it just states he is a lawyer who is breaking no rules.

MrFreakinMiyagi:
Lulz
FSU sucks

John Galt?:

--- Quote from: Runole on July 08, 2013, 09:35:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: GameTime on July 07, 2013, 04:50:27 PM ---you start your rant with a quote about jenkins being kicked off the team...then you ask if there is a such thing as accountability?

--- End quote ---

The Jenkin's quote is just an indictment on Meyer and  UF at that time..   Accountability?   Surely this is a sign that Muschamp is completely different  right?

--- End quote ---

Premature???

That article mentions 3 players arrested for serious or violent crimes. 2 of the 3 are NO LONGER WITH FLORIDA.. The third's status is still pending.

Sounds like the typical mountain out of a molehill crap from our resident Gator-Hater.

Runole:

--- Quote from: John Galt? on July 10, 2013, 03:16:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: Runole on July 08, 2013, 09:35:09 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Premature???

That article mentions 3 players arrested for serious or violent crimes. 2 of the 3 are NO LONGER WITH FLORIDA.. The third's status is still pending.

Sounds like the typical mountain out of a molehill crap from our resident Gator-Hater.

--- End quote ---

Are they all "STAR" players?  Or were they some players that needed to be replaced by better ones?   Guess we will just wait and see... Let me know when they get drafted by the NFL..

The point is "HELL YES WE CHEAT" in 1984 sent shock waves to UF and JMO but Bull Gators vowed to never let that happen again...  All it takes for the criminal stuff is have a SA Cervone that is a gator booster and DA that is a former gator and booster as well who works Pro Bono? for cases going all the way back to Dwayne Schintzius days...  How does poor Huntley manage to survive with all this Pro Bono work?  Certainly that looks like a classic NCAA major violation for a illegal benefit given to a student athlete... However, JMO but I have feeling that both Cervone and Johnson are well compensated by Bull Gator wallets.

Funny, how we really never heard about Hernandez and his problems at UF  kind of like Harvin...   Hmmm?   Apparently, being a criminal athlete is OK at UF if you are a "star" athlete.  I remember SI doing an article on the immense amount of Domestic Violence cases during the SOS years.   Nothing came of just like nothing came of Tank Black who certainly is an example of the worst amount of agents paying players in CFB history...  As usual UF plays the victim card and nothing happens...     Money apparently is the answer to any problem UF faces to make it go away..

Oh and I believe in one of the linked articles it is noted how the first person always called is Foley?   Wonder how that conversation goes?  LOL   Absolutely, astounding how  easily charges are dropped.

Hey maybe Muschamp is going to be the exception and actually not allow such stuff to go on?     Wonder if he will pull a Zook and go challenge some fraternity that upsets his football players?

Keep living in denial if you wish...   I will continue to connect the dots.

GameTime:

--- Quote from: Runole on July 11, 2013, 10:43:53 AM ---Are they all "STAR" players?  Or were they some players that needed to be replaced by better ones?   Guess we will just wait and see... Let me know when they get drafted by the NFL..

Hey maybe Muschamp is going to be the exception and actually not allow such stuff to go on?     

Keep living in denial if you wish...   I will continue to connect the dots.

--- End quote ---
janoris jenkins was an all american.  the other 2 were 4* freshman.  not exactly chopped liver.  muschamp has booted players, "STAR" players.  thats not denial, thats fact.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version