Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The stench in Gainesville at UF! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#60 : September 01, 2013, 11:45:25 AM

But suspensions aren't good enough. These guys must all be kicked off the team !

Meanwhile , FSU still has Greg Dent on the roster ....a rapist. LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#61 : September 02, 2013, 09:58:27 AM

But suspensions aren't good enough. These guys must all be kicked off the team !

Meanwhile , FSU still has Greg Dent on the roster ....a rapist. LOL

suspensions are fine.   Just when you announce what they will be back up your words with what you stated.  Don't suddenly change your mind because you have a tough game for one of those suspensions.

Barring a miracle do you actually believe Dent will ever play a down for FSU?   The criminal justice system in Tally will never be confused with Cervone and company. If he played for UF the charges would already be dropped and he would have started for UF at WR against Toledo.

I wish I shared your optimism for Dent playing again for FSU.   That being said I just hope he can actually get his degree and move on from his horrible decision that could ruin his life forever.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
I noticed UF's most revered football player again was cut...  So what do you think Tebow should do in the future?

I must admit I am beginning to have serious questions over his influence on his team mates and their personal behavior.     

I am not sure that his "mentoring" is anywhere near effective as some would like to believe. After all he certainly didn't turn any of the record breaking 41 players arrested at UF nor did he change Hernandez's behavior. JMO but that is a odd result given the pedestal of religious moral decency that the casual football fan puts him and his apparent( celibate? Gay?) lifestyle he seems to embrace.

JMO but from what I have read from those that actually have had close contact with Tebow , it has been stated is he is really a very weird religiously programmed person in which every response is PC to a very convoluted society when it comes to sexual matters or any other social interaction.  Tebow could be the starring role in "MR BIG" Tom Hanks movie. IMO.  He essentially is a very immature kid in an adults body.

I do believe this would explain his lack of influence on those 41 arrested UF players and relationship with Hernandez.   I believe though they accept him as a great team mate they hold little value in the message he allegedly is delivering other than him being a totally enthusiastic "Team" player.

Time for the most "HYPED"  player in our lifetime to just move on.  His statement after being cut by the Patriots is delusional and completely unrealistic IMO. To continue to hold out hope to be a NFL quality QB is just going to tarnish his image further and his critics will begin to get even more vocal which will galvanize the issue for his cult like following that really doesn't understand football. IMO

His only chance to fulfill his dream of being a NFL Quarterback would be Canadian Football IMO.  Perhaps a few years of Canadian ball will allow him to develop the skills of a consistently serviceable NFL QB.

I would suggest that Tebow really needs to go into the ministry ala Earnest Angely and become a Televangelist or just perhaps tour the country preaching the gospel. He certainly has a huge number of followers.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#62 : September 02, 2013, 10:05:12 PM

\Meanwhile, five Gator players were suspended for yesterday's game, including the team's best player.

Dont agree the gators Purifoy is a great corner but Jaylen Watkins stepped in on Saturday and had a nice game.

This guy...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#63 : September 02, 2013, 10:06:04 PM

From what I understand the Gators program as a whole has became more strict.

This guy...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#64 : September 03, 2013, 05:05:00 AM

From what I understand the Gators program as a whole has became more strict.

When Muschamp announced the Morrison suspension of (2) games I would have agreed. However, after the criminal justice system made their decisions and Muschamp went back on what he stated such strictness took a hit.   Discipline must be firm with no wiggle room.   The initial message was a good one amending it and changing it does not send a good message. Morrison has now been conditioned and enabled to know for certain that by being a gator even if he breaks the law it will be excused and likewise being a good football player will always demand a reduction in any discipline measure enacted if there are tough games involved.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#65 : September 03, 2013, 07:58:42 AM

The hypocrisy knows no bounds ....

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#66 : September 03, 2013, 08:52:55 AM

I'm not here to nit-pick on Florida's current program. I am criticizing Urban Meyer and the City of Gainesville for some pretty evident "sweeping under the rug" that occurred during their championship years.

Yes, the Noles have never been angels, BUT UF fans sure dogged the piss out of us for the Free Shoe U scandal. Well, guess what, if shlt is properly investigated, there will be so much scandal and turmoil exposed during the Meyer years.

There is a sh;t-ton of smoke there, but yet no proper investigations were conducted, or are being conducted. Reeks of some real bad cover-up in G-ville.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#67 : September 04, 2013, 09:09:41 AM

I'm not here to nit-pick on Florida's current program. I am criticizing Urban Meyer and the City of Gainesville for some pretty evident "sweeping under the rug" that occurred during their championship years.

Yes, the Noles have never been angels, BUT UF fans sure dogged the piss out of us for the Free Shoe U scandal. Well, guess what, if shlt is properly investigated, there will be so much scandal and turmoil exposed during the Meyer years.

There is a sh;t-ton of smoke there, but yet no proper investigations were conducted, or are being conducted. Reeks of some real bad cover-up in G-ville.

All by design UF's mission statement by having a UF grad in every Florida media source has been a constant for years..  While UF screams FREE SHOES U what about Tank Black for comparison?

For every Peter Warrick Dillards discount  I give Jabbar Gaffney's felony stealing of a high school players visiting UF as well as a well publicized beating and almost drowning of a high school student.

Likewise FSU kicks a football player Brent Malone shooting a gun at a apartment while UF has numerous incidents of AK47's being shot in Gainesville with players never even missing the field.

As Dolorious whines criminoles and points to James WIlder.while ignoring 41 arrested players from the UF MNC years along with a former UF player currently facing murder charges that was positively ID'd in shooting someone in the face in Gainesville..

Or perhaps we go to Janokowski and Warsaw rules but ignore an all out brawl between UF and UM players at the Sugar bowl.

Domestic vIolence?  No comparison  UF has more examples of that than Heinz has pickles ...

UF has spent years constantly throwing stones at FSU while ignoring their own glass house that stinks to high heaven..   

One look at the Hernandez result and now Manziel shows what happens when you don't offer real punishment to these players. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#68 : September 04, 2013, 09:26:57 AM

....says the Criminole fan...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#69 : September 04, 2013, 02:44:42 PM

....says the Criminole fan...

Can I call the gator mindset  perfect or not?  :D  Criminoles?  :o Yet gators currently have a former gator charged with first degree murder along with 41 arrested players from their MNC team?   People in a glass house shouldn't throw stones..   It is what is called being a gator... LOL

I 'll hold James Wilder while you claim Hernandez!!    Wonder what sane person in the world wouldn't rather be on my side?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#70 : September 04, 2013, 03:00:03 PM

You pegged it McNutterson . Congrats.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#71 : September 05, 2013, 08:34:42 AM

You pegged it McNutterson . Congrats.

Nope!  You did Queen of the Nuttiest.    Again learn accountability... and seriously you might try a little discipline and real consequence to bad behavior... Look no further than Johnny Manziel's lovely response to the NCCA giving him a free pass.   

Now I know this is hard for you but think about all those times UF let Hernandez slide and the results today....

You can do it you really can OPEN YOUR EYES! 

It is called making people accountable for their actions.  It really isn't most important for them to be on the field at all costs...

Keep working on learning ethics integrity honesty and decency.. You and all humanity will be better for it.

Hey take the Tebow message to heart for all UF players not just him. Would Tebow approve on such irresponsible behavior and lack of accountability?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#72 : September 05, 2013, 08:42:46 AM

...says the Criminole fan...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#73 : September 05, 2013, 08:52:21 AM

...says the Criminole fan...

silly Delorou!   :D

with 41 arrested players from a championship team with a former player facing first degree murder charges!   Keep posting such nonsense. I Love it!   

Shows the whole world what "BEING A GATOR" all about! :o  ROFL...

When do you state "HELL YES WE CHEAT"? seems that would be most appropriate cheer for you at this time...   

acacius

Hall of Famer

#74 : September 05, 2013, 10:16:20 AM

Fun fact: even if FSU *were* that bad, it still wouldn't excuse UF's indiscretions.  I mean, seriously.  "But moooooom, lil' Timmy did it too" is the sort of argument I expect out of an eight year old.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The stench in Gainesville at UF! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools