Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Went To The Gun Show Saturday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 09, 2013, 11:24:46 AM

CBW, Spartan just summed it up for you. There is no "gun show loophole," it is a myth. A licensed firearm dealer must perform a background check, regardless of where the sale takes place. A private seller is forbidden under federal law from selling firearms to persons they have reason to believe are felons or otherwise prohibited from purchasing firearms, regardless of where the sale takes place.

You understand there are other guns than the one you went to right? I want to give you the benefit of doubt that you considered each state has its own guns. 

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#46 : July 09, 2013, 11:27:28 AM

Legally, the requirements for selling a firearm do not change whether you're selling it in a submarine, at a gun show, or on the space shuttle; i.e. there is no gun show loophole. It's an amazingly simple concept.

You are 100% incorrect sir. I am surprised you actually believe that or you are just bored and want people to reply to your craziness.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#47 : July 09, 2013, 11:30:09 AM

Perhaps then you would care to explain how the requirements are different at a gun show as opposed to other locations...

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 09, 2013, 11:50:17 AM

Legally, the requirements for selling a firearm do not change whether you're selling it in a submarine, at a gun show, or on the space shuttle; i.e. there is no gun show loophole. It's an amazingly simple concept.

You are 100% incorrect sir. I am surprised you actually believe that or you are just bored and want people to reply to your craziness.

uh -huh (in bold) . . . . bad enough to re-appear after being banned  ;)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#49 : July 09, 2013, 11:57:09 AM

It's an open invitation, can anyone explain how the requirements to sell a firearm are different at a gun show than at any other location?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#50 : July 09, 2013, 11:59:54 AM

lol

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#51 : July 09, 2013, 12:03:06 PM

lol

Excellent post, your best yet. Now, back to the topic: how are the requirements to sell a firearm different at a gun show than they are at other locations?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#52 : July 09, 2013, 12:07:24 PM

lol

Excellent post, your best yet. Now, back to the topic: how are the requirements to sell a firearm different at a gun show than they are at other locations?

you need some sharper tools

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#53 : July 09, 2013, 12:08:50 PM

Perhaps then you would care to explain how the requirements are different at a gun show as opposed to other locations...

How about this. Why don't you find someone who has a bunch of guns that they want to sell, have them set up a table in front of a Wal Mart, or Lowes, stack a bunch of guns with price tags on them, and report back to us how long it took before law enforcement asked you to leave the premises. The point being, you cannot sell guns "anywhere" as you seem to be suggesting.

While selling guns from your private residence, you may be subject to the same requirements as at a gun show, but I am fairly certain that having a bunch of strangers come to your home to look at your gun collection isn't the most attractive idea to potential sellers, nor is driving all over town to locate the gun or guns you are looking to buy an attractive idea for a buyer. What a gun show does, is gives private sellers a commercial venue in which to peddle their wares. The loophole, however, is the fact that while they get to sell their wares in the same manner that a licensed dealer can, they are not subject to the same restrictions as licensed dealers are.

In truth, however, while you are hung up on the semantics, the underlying point is unchanged. If I happen to unassumingly be a felon, or otherwise prohibited from purchasing firearms, I am going to go to the gun show, where all of the private sellers are gathered in one place, as opposed to me driving all over town, answering adds from the paper to find the gun or guns I am looking for, and I am avoiding the licensed dealers, because the private ones will sell me the weapon with no strings attached. This essentially creates a hole in the effectiveness of the current background check laws by making circumventing them not only easy, but totally legal. Now whether or not this hole is shaped like a loop or not, I will allow you to continue to debate.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#54 : July 09, 2013, 12:10:21 PM

You need some intellectual honesty. Now, back to the topic: how are the requirements to sell a firearm different at a gun show than they are at other locations?

I'll give you a hint: the color red.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#55 : July 09, 2013, 12:12:00 PM

In truth, however, while you are INTENTIONALLY hung up on the semantics, the underlying point is unchanged. If I happen to unassumingly be a felon, or otherwise prohibited from purchasing firearms, I am going to go to the gun show, where all of the private sellers are gathered in one place, as opposed to me driving all over town, answering adds from the paper to find the gun or guns I am looking for, and I am avoiding the licensed dealers, because the private ones will sell me the weapon with no strings attached. This essentially creates a hole in the effectiveness of the current background check laws by making circumventing them not only easy, but totally legal. Now whether or not this hole is shaped like a loop or not, I will allow you to continue to debate.

well said, with one minor edit

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#56 : July 09, 2013, 12:19:42 PM

Why don't you find someone who has a bunch of guns that they want to sell, have them set up a table in front of a Wal Mart, or Lowes, stack a bunch of guns with price tags on them, and report back to us how long it took before law enforcement asked you to leave the premises. The point being, you cannot sell guns "anywhere" as you seem to be suggesting."

Nor can you sell waffles in the parking lot without their permission. What an incredibly poor analogy.

"While selling guns from your private residence, you may be subject to the same requirements as at a gun show, "

Now there's some refreshing honesty. Now let's go the extra step and admit that "gun show loophole" is a euphemism for "private sales." Americans don't like being told what they can or cannot do with their private property, thus we get this bit of subterfuge. If were going to have an honest discussion about this issue, it has to start with honesty.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#57 : July 09, 2013, 12:29:44 PM

How about this. Why don't you find someone who has a bunch of guns that they want to sell, have them set up a table in front of a Wal Mart, or Lowes, stack a bunch of guns with price tags on them, and report back to us how long it took before law enforcement asked you to leave the premises. The point being, you cannot sell guns "anywhere" as you seem to be suggesting.

While selling guns from your private residence, you may be subject to the same requirements as at a gun show, but I am fairly certain that having a bunch of strangers come to your home to look at your gun collection isn't the most attractive idea to potential sellers, nor is driving all over town to locate the gun or guns you are looking to buy an attractive idea for a buyer. What a gun show does, is gives private sellers a commercial venue in which to peddle their wares. The loophole, however, is the fact that while they get to sell their wares in the same manner that a licensed dealer can, they are not subject to the same restrictions as licensed dealers are.

In truth, however, while you are hung up on the semantics, the underlying point is unchanged. If I happen to unassumingly be a felon, or otherwise prohibited from purchasing firearms, I am going to go to the gun show, where all of the private sellers are gathered in one place, as opposed to me driving all over town, answering adds from the paper to find the gun or guns I am looking for, and I am avoiding the licensed dealers, because the private ones will sell me the weapon with no strings attached. This essentially creates a hole in the effectiveness of the current background check laws by making circumventing them not only easy, but totally legal. Now whether or not this hole is shaped like a loop or not, I will allow you to continue to debate.

Or to summarize: None.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#58 : July 09, 2013, 12:32:22 PM

Now let's go the extra step and admit that "gun show loophole" is a euphemism for "private sales." Americans don't like being told what they can or cannot do with their private property, thus we get this bit of subterfuge. If were going to have an honest discussion about this issue, it has to start with honesty.

while you were banned as "Illuminator" this discussion about private sales went on ad nauseum so there is nothing to "admit,"  ... you just need to catch up on all you missed while banned . .  now that you are back as "Von Mises."

btw, you sell a car or a home . . . the government requires something from you, right?  what's the over-riding social interest that says guns should be exempt from ANY regulation just because its a private sale?

Oh wait . .  I forgot . . . you dont answer questions . .  . damn!  /sarcasm

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#59 : July 09, 2013, 12:42:16 PM

"btw, you sell a car or a home . . . the government requires something from you, right?"

Gun sales are taxed like any other sale.

"what's the over-riding social interest"

Protection from the source where tyranny invariably originates.

"hat says guns should be exempt from ANY regulation just because its a private sale?"

They're not exempt from any regulation. You keep saying they are but you're a liar.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Went To The Gun Show Saturday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools