Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think is the Best Free Agent Running Back Still Available ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 11, 2013, 11:02:36 PM

You guys may think that the list is underwhelming but this looks like an all-pro list compared to the Kregg Lumpkin's of the world.

There are 3 or 4 players on that list who can make us one step closer to contenders. Any of them would provide an instant upgrade for us.

We don't agree often but this is clearly one of those situations where you came up with an incredibly sensible post. Amazed that others don't see it the same.

Some people are okay with anything that the FO does.
It's called not having any discernment.
Obviously there are not a lot of free thinkers in the crowd.

I just observe and comment on my observations.
I really could care less if anyone agrees with me or not.
Which is probably fairly obvious.

One thing you can say for sure is that you will always get my honest opinion,  regardless of how unpopular it may be.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 11, 2013, 11:07:40 PM

You guys may think that the list is underwhelming but this looks like an all-pro list compared to the Kregg Lumpkin's of the world.

There are 3 or 4 players on that list who can make us one step closer to contenders. Any of them would provide an instant upgrade for us.

We don't agree often but this is clearly one of those situations where you came up with an incredibly sensible post. Amazed that others don't see it the same.

Some people are okay with anything that the FO does.
It's called not having any discernment.
Obviously there are not a lot of free thinkers in the crowd.

I just observe and comment on my observations.
I really could care less if anyone agrees with me or not.
Which is probably fairly obvious.

One thing you can say for sure is that you will always get my honest opinion,  regardless of how unpopular it may be.
Thats what makes it so funny sometimes.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 11, 2013, 11:15:07 PM

Absolutely no good reason why at least one of these guys is not on our roster. Just sayin.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 11, 2013, 11:44:06 PM

Absolutely no good reason why at least one of these guys is not on our roster. Just sayin.

Ringer maybe, the rest are the scrap metal of the NFL. Don't kid yourself.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 12, 2013, 08:07:19 AM

Only people kidding themselves are the ones who think we have someone better than these 10 guys on our roster behind Martin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217277/article/ranking-the-nfls-thinnest-backfields

Probably why we are #1 on the NFL.com of teams with the worst backfield depth.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 12, 2013, 08:08:04 AM

Ringer maybe, the rest are the scrap metal of the NFL. Don't kid yourself.

+1

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 12, 2013, 08:13:21 AM

I bet we could sign Hillis for the same cheap one year deal we are giving Brian Leonard. They are basically the same player, but Hillis can actually run the ball and has shown he has the potential to bust out and be really good. If god forbid Martin goes on IR with some injury....wouldn't you rather have a guy that at least MIGHT be able to step up and rise to the occasion?

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 12, 2013, 08:18:15 AM

Ringer, Hightower, Wells, Smith and McGahee are on that list because of their injury history....if they're in decent health, there's no reason to overlook them especially when they're not expected to get alot of touches.

I personally think a guy like Ryan Grant gives you the most flexibility however there is still a need for a short-yardage back so Hillis' value might get interest from that aspect...not sure about his character at this point....maybe he's matured?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 12, 2013, 08:20:08 AM

At this point Hillis is no better than Leonard , except he's worse in pass protection and recieving.

Hillis was a joke last season ....hence the reason he can't find a roster spot.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 12, 2013, 08:24:15 AM

Ringer, Hightower, Wells, Smith and McGahee are on that list because of their injury history....if they're in decent health, there's no reason to overlook them especially when they're not expected to get alot of touches.

I personally think a guy like Ryan Grant gives you the most flexibility however there is still a need for a short-yardage back so Hillis' value might get interest from that aspect...not sure about his character at this point....maybe he's matured?

He's not just a short yardage back though. He has been used as a FB for much of his college and NFL career, so he can block well. He also has 111 NFL receptions for 867 yards.

I don't know if he matured.....but his issue was with the Browns and I can't hold that against him. Seems like the Browns organization craps on a lot of players. I think he held out because he was making like $550k and he knew he over achieved that one year. He's no starting RB. He never was. But he had one amazing year and tried his damndest to cash in. I can't blame him for that.
: July 12, 2013, 08:27:07 AM JDouble

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 12, 2013, 08:24:20 AM

Should have kept Blount. SMH.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 12, 2013, 08:35:39 AM

I bet we could sign Hillis for the same cheap one year deal we are giving Brian Leonard. They are basically the same player, but Hillis can actually run the ball and has shown he has the potential to bust out and be really good. If god forbid Martin goes on IR with some injury....wouldn't you rather have a guy that at least MIGHT be able to step up and rise to the occasion?
Dude is a weirdo, who can't block and isn't a receiving threat. We got rid of Blount. And you want to pick up Hillis?

That would suck. And be idiotic.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 12, 2013, 08:39:05 AM

He might be a weirdo....I don't know him personally.....but suggesting he is no better at blocking and catching than Blount is pretty stupid Boid.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 12, 2013, 08:43:34 AM

Blount is not relevant. You should ask if he is better at blocking and receiving than Leonard.  I say no.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 12, 2013, 08:45:16 AM

Blount is not relevant. You should ask if he is better at blocking and receiving than Leonard.  I say no.

I'd say it's a draw...but you could be right. Leonard might be a little better at blocking and catching. Not really sure....what we do know is that Hillis can actually run the ball when called upon and Leonard cannot. That's pretty big in my book.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think is the Best Free Agent Running Back Still Available ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools