Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think is the Best Free Agent Running Back Still Available ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#60 : July 12, 2013, 09:49:41 PM

People don't realize the players fans want gone first is an old ineffective RB.. It's a waste to have one if they cant run anymore. The young guys we have now and Leonard bring way more than a MaGahee or Turner would. They can contribute more than a guy like MaGahee because he doesn't play ST at all like Blount. He was useless all year.

I think of all the positions in football, RB is the first to fall off the cliff.  It it happens VERY fast.  So I would be cautious in signing older RB's.

If you were signing them with the intent of making them primary ball carriers, I agree....if they are complimentary COP backs its a different story.

Well the trouble is, a lot of these free agent RB's still think in their minds, they ARE starting caliber RB's.

Personally I want a guy who has a slight chip on his shoulder....just as long as he realizes that he needs us more than we need him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#61 : July 12, 2013, 10:10:33 PM

People don't realize the players fans want gone first is an old ineffective RB.. It's a waste to have one if they cant run anymore. The young guys we have now and Leonard bring way more than a MaGahee or Turner would. They can contribute more than a guy like MaGahee because he doesn't play ST at all like Blount. He was useless all year.

I think of all the positions in football, RB is the first to fall off the cliff.  It it happens VERY fast.  So I would be cautious in signing older RB's.

If you were signing them with the intent of making them primary ball carriers, I agree....if they are complimentary COP backs its a different story.

Well the trouble is, a lot of these free agent RB's still think in their minds, they ARE starting caliber RB's.

Personally I want a guy who has a slight chip on his shoulder....just as long as he realizes that he needs us more than we need him.

Well, if a guy thinks he is all that, then he will want starter money.

I think quite a few free agent RB's would not be interested in signing with the Bucs.  Wait, you have Doug Martin?    Not interested in riding the pine.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#62 : July 12, 2013, 10:14:48 PM

Well, if a guy thinks he is all that, then he will want starter money.

I think quite a few free agent RB's would not be interested in signing with the Bucs.  Wait, you have Doug Martin?    Not interested in riding the pine.

I hear that....but let's see how their tune changes when they're unemployed in August....for the record, I think most of these guys realize their next job could be their last and are willing to do whatever it takes to keep that income flowing....but hey....that's just an opinion. :)

Hate

Hall of Famer
#63 : July 13, 2013, 07:03:33 PM

I bet we could sign Hillis for the same cheap one year deal we are giving Brian Leonard. They are basically the same player, but Hillis can actually run the ball and has shown he has the potential to bust out and be really good. If god forbid Martin goes on IR with some injury....wouldn't you rather have a guy that at least MIGHT be able to step up and rise to the occasion?
Dude is a weirdo, who can't block and isn't a receiving threat. We got rid of Blount. And you want to pick up Hillis?

That would suck. And be idiotic.

I agree that he's a weirdo but he caught 61 balls a couple years ago.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#64 : July 13, 2013, 07:11:30 PM

McGhee is thirty one, an has busted legs. He is done.

the guy ran for 700 yds last year and averaged 4.4 yds per carry. What's wrong with that??

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#65 : July 13, 2013, 09:43:35 PM

McGhee is thirty one, an has busted legs. He is done.

the guy ran for 700 yds last year and averaged 4.4 yds per carry. What's wrong with that??

Nothing wrong with that. He did an excellent job backing up Ray Rice before Denver, and if he's fully recovered he'd be an ideal fit here in Tampa. Short term fix, but an excellent one.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#66 : July 13, 2013, 11:45:57 PM

To me, he'd be a great insurance policy.....great option if Mike James isn't up to speed early on.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#67 : July 14, 2013, 09:43:07 AM

How many major knee injuries do you guys think this guy can recover from ...this will be what , his 3rd ?? 

I don't think he's coming back 100% again . Not at his age.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#68 : July 14, 2013, 09:59:01 AM

How many major knee injuries do you guys think this guy can recover from ...this will be what , his 3rd ?? 

And what does it hurt to check him out?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#69 : July 14, 2013, 10:06:02 AM

And what does it hurt to check him out?

Takes reps away from Mike James and Mike Smith who can be getting valuable expierence in camp , doesn't it ?  You can always bring a guy like Mcgahee in later , if Martin gets hurt , or if James and Smith are bombing in preseason. He isn't going anywhere.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#70 : July 14, 2013, 05:43:30 PM

Thread should be which fa running backs the bucs wont sign barring injury or a player bombing in performance.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#71 : July 14, 2013, 06:58:10 PM

So true Tat. Some of us are just a bit disappointed to see the roster so close to being built only to fall 3 players short of being great. We have suffered through a decade of mediocrity and we're ready to finish off the "rebuilding" phase that we seem to be perpetually stuck in.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think is the Best Free Agent Running Back Still Available ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools