Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking the NFL's thinnest backfields « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 13, 2013, 02:52:28 AM

I'm confidant this OL, WR's, and staff would have whoever running pretty well in his place.

Of course, it wouldn't be as productive, but I don't believe it would hurt as badly as this article suggests. Blount ran pretty well behind this same line, so I think we could see about the same production, or possibly better from.. well, anyone at number two.

Dude....Blount may be a dummy that couldn't learn the play book. He may suck at catching and blocking....but he is a helluva runner. Your idea that if Blount could do it, anyone can...is very flawed. You either have a short memory or weren't really watching, but Blount was almost always hit in the back field and would still manage to get positive yardage on almost every carry. That is not something that just any ol' running back can do.

Draft Aaron Donald

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 13, 2013, 10:07:32 AM

Agreed.  No depth.  But RBs never get injured so we should be all set.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 13, 2013, 10:36:23 AM

We have a star but Martin was really bad in half the games last year. Needs to be more consistent this year and I don't think having crap behind him is the best way to insure that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 13, 2013, 10:36:41 AM

They played well enough to make up for the weak link...which was Meredith. You know our O-line was 3rd in the NFL in sacks & pressures allowed? Plus they had a top running game. Pretty damn impressive for a bunch of 2nd stringers. Meredith was really the only one that was consistently beaten.
i did know about sacks and running game, which is why i assumed meredith was adequate, along with larsen.  but you got me, i didnt ever key in on either for extended amounts of time.
Meredith played poorly - and honestly Larsen was not much better.  The return of Nicks, Joseph and Zuttah to their positions should be huge for the offense

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 13, 2013, 10:40:34 AM

They played well enough to make up for the weak link...which was Meredith. You know our O-line was 3rd in the NFL in sacks & pressures allowed? Plus they had a top running game. Pretty damn impressive for a bunch of 2nd stringers. Meredith was really the only one that was consistently beaten.
i did know about sacks and running game, which is why i assumed meredith was adequate, along with larsen.  but you got me, i didnt ever key in on either for extended amounts of time.
Meredith played poorly - and honestly Larsen was not much better.  The return of Nicks, Joseph and Zuttah to their positions should be huge for the offense
Joseph sucks. Wake up.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#35 : July 13, 2013, 10:49:21 AM

Agreed.  No depth.  But RBs never get injured so we should be all set.

We will have 'depth' in 2014 then.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#36 : July 13, 2013, 11:19:45 AM

Jeff Demps on line one.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 13, 2013, 03:54:06 PM

You know our O-line was 3rd in the NFL in sacks & pressures allowed?

That's odd. I just saw Free listed as the 3rd least sacked QB last year.

-------------------------------------------------------

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 13, 2013, 04:11:59 PM

You know our O-line was 3rd in the NFL in sacks & pressures allowed?

That's odd. I just saw Free listed as the 3rd least sacked QB last year.

Yeah. That's what I meant. Maybe I should have been more clear. They allowed the 3rd LEAST not the 3rd most.

Draft Aaron Donald

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 13, 2013, 04:22:06 PM

The problem isn't the Oline. It is his ability to process information under duress. And his accuracy. These are major issues. And some of it is a result of terrible pocket presence. It just snowballs from there and sometimes it really screws his passes up.

But he doesn't do the things I have seen great QBs do. And that is why I rail on him. I still want a stud QB to run the ship. Freeman doesn't even really pump fake. Just weird.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 13, 2013, 04:22:45 PM

He can get victimized by phantom pressure.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 13, 2013, 04:42:20 PM

The problem isn't the Oline. It is his ability to process information under duress. And his accuracy.

Agreed.... and no amount of coaching is gonna change that, IMO!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 13, 2013, 04:51:08 PM

Agreed. Honestly, the only reason I think I am ready to root for him again this year, is because I fear if he fails and we let him walk....we won't draft a 1st round QB next year....we'll just roll with Napolean Dynomite. THAT would most likely be even worse than Freeman....so lesser of two evils and all that.

Go Freeman!  :D

Draft Aaron Donald

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 13, 2013, 05:00:53 PM

Every thread seems like it ends up turning into a Freeman bashing thread smh haha.

Back on topic though, the Bucs are **CENSORED**ed without Martin imo. There is no way in hell there is anyone on the roster who can be even slightly productive (unless Mike James is like a secret superstar). I would feel sooooooo much better if the Bucs signed up McGahee or Beanie Wells. Sure, McGahee will be old as hell, but he has averaged 4.8 and 4.4 ypc the last two years. Sure Beanie Wells is no threat as a third down back, but the Bucs have some guys there. Either guy would come cheap and could be had on one year deals.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 13, 2013, 06:13:06 PM

Every thread seems like it ends up turning into a Freeman bashing thread smh haha.

'bashing' would suggest that the criticism is unjust. The takes from where i sit are all legit.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking the NFL's thinnest backfields « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools