Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking the NFL's thinnest backfields « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 12, 2013, 11:10:26 AM

Well unless Cox and Byner want to strap on a helmet, last time I checked the players actually have to do it themselves.
You bring up a good point about not knowing whether a player is going to be a good fit with the team,  but isn't that why you act earlier?  To get the better player instead of waiting around until Kregg Lumpkin is the best option?
???
i guess the law of diminishing returns comes into effect with these older players.  is their personal experience more important that the state their bodies are in?

bradshaw is a great example.  i doubt many know him better than sullivan.  but we passed.  why?  who knows, but we did.  and im pretty sure there is a reason.  just as a reason we are passing on some of these other older guys.  the way you believe to build a team might be different, but it doesnt make it right either.

someone was upset that dominik was doing his due diligence on if jamon meredith was valuable throughout the league.  if he's doing that with meredith, you dont believe he is checking out DE's and RB's around the league?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 12, 2013, 11:17:25 AM

We have one of the top RB coaches in the league, I'll let him do his thing with the young guys in camp and the preseason before looking to sign some one legged used and abused running back... But that's just me.
: July 12, 2013, 11:20:51 AM youngone

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 12, 2013, 11:25:04 AM

Well unless Cox and Byner want to strap on a helmet, last time I checked the players actually have to do it themselves.
You bring up a good point about not knowing whether a player is going to be a good fit with the team,  but isn't that why you act earlier?  To get the better player instead of waiting around until Kregg Lumpkin is the best option?
???
i guess the law of diminishing returns comes into effect with these older players.  is their personal experience more important that the state their bodies are in?

bradshaw is a great example.  i doubt many know him better than sullivan.  but we passed.  why?  who knows, but we did.  and im pretty sure there is a reason.  just as a reason we are passing on some of these other older guys.  the way you believe to build a team might be different, but it doesnt make it right either.

someone was upset that dominik was doing his due diligence on if jamon meredith was valuable throughout the league.  if he's doing that with meredith, you dont believe he is checking out DE's and RB's around the league?

Well I'm talking about a 3rd down back essentially. Not going to get too beat up in that role. It's a perfect fit for an older RB and would give him a chance to get healthy.

Jamon Meredith? He has been cut 5 times in 4 years dude. Maybe Dominik didn't get the memo. Just cut him if you don't want him. That makes Dominik look foolish and incompetent and doesn't support your theory that because he tried to shop Meredith he has somehow checked out all of the RB and DE in the whole NFL. 

You may need to explain exactly how those things correlate. I don't get it at all. All I see is a GM who is acting foolish in more ways than one.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 12, 2013, 11:31:58 AM

Well I'm talking about a 3rd down back essentially. Not going to get too beat up in that role. It's a perfect fit for an older RB and would give him a chance to get healthy.

Jamon Meredith? He has been cut 5 times in 4 years dude. Maybe Dominik didn't get the memo. Just cut him if you don't want him. That makes Dominik look foolish and incompetent and doesn't support your theory that because he tried to shop Meredith he has somehow checked out all of the RB and DE in the whole NFL. 

You may need to explain exactly how those things correlate. I don't get it at all. All I see is a GM who is acting foolish in more ways than one.
i guess something to consider is how the 2nd string RB compares to the 3rd down back.  sometimes its the same guy, sometimes its not.  many Bucs fans and coaches believe we have the perfect fit for a 3rd down back.  many believe though he isnt the guy to carry the load if martin goes down.

i believe your opinion on meredith is foolish.  meredith proved he is an adequate backup G last season.  i think you missed the obvious by your bias...dominik doesnt go golfing at 4 everyday.  dominik doesnt play solataire on his ipad all day.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 12, 2013, 11:41:06 AM

Meredith was horrible last year.

Draft Aaron Donald

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#20 : July 12, 2013, 11:41:50 AM

You mean J Meredith impressed 6 teams in 4 years to offer him a contract? While some can not even convince ONE single team to give them a contract? I mean, those are they guys you want? lol

But anyway instead of talking RB depth, we rather should talk how to get depth there, when we have non right now. And here i am with Grimm: Talk Dom and Schiano if you do not see depth there, because they clearly showed not willing to adress it the way YOU want it to. Else its nothing but a pipe dream.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 12, 2013, 11:48:08 AM

really?  how would you rate penn, zuttah, larsen and dotsons play?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 12, 2013, 11:56:34 AM

really?  how would you rate penn, zuttah, larsen and dotsons play?

They played well enough to make up for the weak link...which was Meredith. You know our O-line was 3rd in the NFL in sacks & pressures allowed? Plus they had a top running game. Pretty damn impressive for a bunch of 2nd stringers. Meredith was really the only one that was consistently beaten.

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 12, 2013, 12:17:58 PM

They played well enough to make up for the weak link...which was Meredith. You know our O-line was 3rd in the NFL in sacks & pressures allowed? Plus they had a top running game. Pretty damn impressive for a bunch of 2nd stringers. Meredith was really the only one that was consistently beaten.
i did know about sacks and running game, which is why i assumed meredith was adequate, along with larsen.  but you got me, i didnt ever key in on either for extended amounts of time.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 12, 2013, 12:27:50 PM

The only reason I know is because when rewatching our season on NFL rewind last month I forgot Joseph was out and I was literally thinking "Wow! Boid is right! He sucks!" Then I finally realized that it was Meredith. After I noticed, it was impossible to stop noticing. He consistently got spun, thrown down, and just flat out beat.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 12, 2013, 01:01:43 PM

Are you serious? He wasn't a road grader but he was solid.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#26 : July 12, 2013, 02:34:35 PM

Is it possible the closer the season gets to opening day the cheaper some of these guys may be willing to sign for?  I'm surprised more of you guys haven't mentioned Turner.  I'd like to have him around and it'd pizz off the falcon fans.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 12, 2013, 04:43:46 PM

I've mention a name before in other threads; Donald Brown, now on the Colts...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 12, 2013, 05:17:20 PM

I'm confidant this OL, WR's, and staff would have whoever running pretty well in his place.

Of course, it wouldn't be as productive, but I don't believe it would hurt as badly as this article suggests. Blount ran pretty well behind this same line, so I think we could see about the same production, or possibly better from.. well, anyone at number two.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 12, 2013, 08:11:08 PM

I've mention a name before in other threads; Donald Brown, now on the Colts...
and if he sticks with the colts, delone carter could be the guy.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking the NFL's thinnest backfields « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools