Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Doug Martin keep burning up the league? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 13, 2013, 09:41:38 AM

Dude played well last year behind 6'4 linemen..... do you expect him to get shorter this season?

Did you read the article ?? I agree with his assessment. With a year of film to study , teams will game-plan to clog his throwing lanes.

He may be a rare freak who can overcome it , but make no mistake , it is a huge disadvantage being under 6 foot tall . It's also crazy to suggest there is no possible way he will regress this year . It's very possible.

Of course, its possible....but i'm not seeing it. Just as i posted above, something about him exudes 'special' to me.

For you to suggest that no short QB has EVER had success is nonsense. Acknowledging the error of your post would be the stand up thing to do.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 13, 2013, 09:48:26 AM

Dude played well last year behind 6'4 linemen..... do you expect him to get shorter this season?

Did you read the article ?? I agree with his assessment. With a year of film to study , teams will game-plan to clog his throwing lanes.

He may be a rare freak who can overcome it , but make no mistake , it is a huge disadvantage being under 6 foot tall . It's also crazy to suggest there is no possible way he will regress this year . It's very possible.

Of course, its possible....but i'm not seeing it. Just as i posted above, something about him exudes 'special' to me.

For you to suggest that no short QB has EVER had success is nonsense. Acknowledging the error of your post would be the stand up thing to do.

I didn't say " any success" , I said a "star" . You can name a few 6'0 exceptions out of 100 years of football. Congrats. Can you name any who were 5'10  like Russell ?? A couple of inches makes a difference when throwing over giants.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 13, 2013, 12:34:25 PM

How many Dave Kriegs and Doug Flutie sized QBs have there been?

Shaun King?  Meh.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 13, 2013, 12:38:33 PM

I didn't say " any success" , I said a "star" . You can name a few 6'0 exceptions out of 100 years of football. Congrats. Can you name any who were 5'10  like Russell ?? A couple of inches makes a difference when throwing over giants.
Drew Brees?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 13, 2013, 02:00:40 PM

Dont tell my wife that.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#20 : July 13, 2013, 02:02:14 PM

Drew Brees?
Brees sux he'll never amount to anything.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 13, 2013, 02:08:13 PM

Oh my gawd. Who the hell cares? Wilson will play on his OWN merits.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 13, 2013, 03:37:24 PM

I want to see Dougie be more consistent. He was spectacular in the middle of the year and finished decently but was awful to start and had some bad games late too. Consistency needs to improve. Having Nicks back should help. Having Joseph back means nothing.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 13, 2013, 03:46:40 PM

I want to see Dougie be more consistent. He was spectacular in the middle of the year and finished decently but was awful to start and had some bad games late too. Consistency needs to improve. Having Nicks back should help. Having Joseph back means nothing.

Awful isn't how i'd describe the play of a rookie trying to find his way.

thru week 5:

Peterson 416 yds

Martin 323 yds

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 13, 2013, 04:39:17 PM

Dont tell my wife that.
I won't.

😉

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#25 : July 13, 2013, 06:34:31 PM

Ironic it is that our towering 6' 6" franchise QB had all 15 balls batted down at the line last year. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 13, 2013, 06:43:37 PM

Ironic it is that our towering 6' 6" franchise QB had all 15 balls batted down at the line last year. Just thought I'd pass that along.

As for the batted down passes, those haven't been much of a problem for Wilson. According to Sando, he's had just five of them this season. Indianapolis' Andrew Luck, who is 6-foot-4, is tied for the league lead with 15.

http://mynorthwest.com/422/2145710/Busting-another-myth-about-Russell-Wilson

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 13, 2013, 07:14:09 PM

Drew Brees?

Brees is smallish, but he's still 2 inches taller than Russell.

All I'm saying is it's a major disadvantage for Russell, and it's not crazy to think it might rear it's ugly head eventually.  Like I said , there's a reason short QB's are few and far between in this league ....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 13, 2013, 07:58:00 PM

5'11 vs 5'10 I believe

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 13, 2013, 09:51:25 PM

5'11 vs 5'10 I believe

Exactly....and what difference does that inch OR 2 make behind 6'4" lineman? They're still shorter.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Doug Martin keep burning up the league? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools