Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cosell talks Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: July 12, 2013, 11:02:13 AM

Some interesting stuff from one of footballs better talking heads.....

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/07/09/audio-greg-cosell-from-nfl-films-talks-about-josh-freeman/

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 12, 2013, 11:21:36 AM

Can't disagree with anything he said on Freeman. You can pretty easily ask if Mike Glennon is so much like Matt Ryan, why the entire NFL decided Ryan was a top 5 pick and Glennon a 3rd rounder.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 12, 2013, 11:26:02 AM

Can't disagree with anything he said on Freeman. You can pretty easily ask if Mike Glennon is so much like Matt Ryan, why the entire NFL decided Ryan was a top 5 pick and Glennon a 3rd rounder.
only 1 team decided matt ryan was a top 5 pick, and only one team proved glennon a 3rd rounder.  but its the same league that thought alfred morris was a 6th, russ wilson a 3rd, and tom brady a 6th.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 12, 2013, 11:30:04 AM

Good stuff.

A lot of "if if if if" when water coolering #5.

There is the issue with Free. Can he?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 12, 2013, 11:35:49 AM

only 1 team decided matt ryan was a top 5 pick
Come on he was going in the top 5 or at worst top 10. You know better than this.

and only one team proved glennon a 3rd rounder. 
Correct. I suppose if it wasn't for that one team, he could have been a 4th or 5th rounder, but I don't think we want to go there.

but its the same league that thought alfred morris was a 6th
Running backs come out of nowhere every year. That's not news.

russ wilson a 3rd, and tom brady a 6th.
Great. We're betting on something that happened in 2000 and then again in 2012. I wonder why there are 12 years between those two examples.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 12, 2013, 11:38:49 AM

Correct. I suppose if it wasn't for that one team, he could have been a 4th or 5th rounder, but I don't think we want to go there.

I'll go there. Glennon was almost unanimously considered the 7th best QB in the draft. The Bucs made him the 3rd QB taken....so it's not unreasonable to assume he would have gone much later if not for the Bucs reaching in the 3rd round. 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 12, 2013, 11:43:14 AM

Tons of reasons why. I believe the comparison was made because of arm talent, because they both were able to stand in the pocket and make throws under pressure and finally because they both threw more picks that people thought they should in college.

I think people forget that Matt Ryan threw almost 20 ints his senior season but he was forced to throw the ball a ton and was trying to throw the ball into tight spaces. Those things also make his last year in college very similar to Glennons last year.

So why did he drop? Who knows? Maybe it's talent, maybe it's not talent. Did Aaron Rogers lack talent when he dropped or were teams just scared because of something else?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 12, 2013, 11:45:59 AM

Great. We're betting on something that happened in 2000 and then again in 2012. I wonder why there are 12 years between those two examples.
i dont think betting is the right word.  at least not with all our eggs.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 12, 2013, 11:49:14 AM

I'll go there. Glennon was almost unanimously considered the 7th best QB in the draft. The Bucs made him the 3rd QB taken....so it's not unreasonable to assume he would have gone much later if not for the Bucs reaching in the 3rd round.

Cosell thought he was  1 or 2...  albeit in a weak QB draft.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 12, 2013, 11:59:00 AM

I'm sure that all star OL of ours didn't have anything to do with Freeman's poor showing against the blitz last year, huh?

It must be all Freeman because the stat says so.

This is Freeman's year. If the OL stays healthy and Carimi gets healthy enough to play RT to his potential this offense could be good even against the better defenses.

And Revis is here to save the day on defense right?  He should be good for 120 tackles,  10 TFL, 10 sacks, 5 FF, 10 INT, 25 PD and about 5 TD'S.

The only thing missing is our crown. Actually we are probably 3 players away from the crown right now. Or at least having a legit shot.

Should seriously be 10 - 12 game winners this year. But one and done in the playoffs unless we get a favorable matchup.

All we need is for Schiano to not screw it up. He needs to adapt to the Pro game and stop the kneel down crap. He is a college coach with zero NFL credibility and that sort of thing isn't helping him in that regard. He needs legit schemes in the secondary and a little less Bush League shenanigans.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#10 : July 12, 2013, 12:03:01 PM

Thought he had him pretty well ranked, Mayock had him 4th and 81st in the top 100.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 12, 2013, 12:08:03 PM

Glennon was unanimously considered the 7th best QB in the draft. 

Is this as credible as you claiming many guys seeing Freeman as an 'unquestionable great franchise QB' here?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 12, 2013, 12:11:35 PM

Thought he had him pretty well ranked, Mayock had him 4th and 81st in the top 100.

So 19 spots before we picked again to get our potentially starting DT via trade? reached for him by 8 in 3rd?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 12, 2013, 12:12:34 PM

I'm sure that all star OL of ours didn't have anything to do with Freeman's poor showing against the blitz last year, huh?

Our O-line allowed the 3rd fewest sacks and pressures last year. Look it up.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 12, 2013, 12:14:27 PM

Glennon was unanimously considered the 7th best QB in the draft. 

Is this as credible as you claiming many guys seeing Freeman as an 'unquestionable great franchise QB' here?

You alter what I said in the quote...and then talk about credibility? Very ironic. Get bent.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cosell talks Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools