Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cosell talks Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #75 : July 13, 2013, 04:28:02 PM »

He is a playoff loser. Romo has had some nice games 

They are the same.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #76 : July 13, 2013, 04:44:56 PM »

Ryan played very well in the playoffs and the Falcons rarely lose a game because of him.

Romo on the other hand is good for a late game interception or fumble when the heat is on. It's like clock work. I lived in Texas for 5 years. I know all about Tony Romo. He looks amazing at times, but he will ALWAYS let you down in the end.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #77 : July 13, 2013, 04:48:59 PM »

Of course. But they are both playoff losers. And Romo has gotten just as close, and has seriously gaudy numbers. And last year his team was beat the hell up (to my delight), and he did alright. I used to question his toughness but he took a severe beating against the Bucs and went right back in there. That was a vicious bell ringer McCoy planted on him. Just destructive.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #78 : July 13, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »

Ryan played very well in the playoffs and the Falcons rarely lose a game because of him.

Romo on the other hand is good for a late game interception or fumble when the heat is on. It's like clock work. I lived in Texas for 5 years. I know all about Tony Romo. He looks amazing at times, but he will ALWAYS let you down in the end.

The public perception is in your corner, but the statistics aren't.  Tony Romo is, at worst, an average-ish quarterback in the clutch.  He's a helluva lot better than 99-percent of people give him credit for, because him "letting fans down" has become one of the most heavily exaggerated points of the NFL circlejerk.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/nfl-myth-busting-tony-romo-and-the-dallas-cowboys-are-americas-chokers/23434/

In fact, that game-killing interception or fumble that he's "always good for" has happened just 11 times since his career started in 2006... a little more than once per season.  Romo's just as clutch as everyone else, he just plays under a thicker magnifying glass.
« : July 13, 2013, 05:14:54 PM Blaze688 »

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #79 : July 13, 2013, 05:17:02 PM »

The public perception is in your corner, but the statistics aren't.  Tony Romo is, at worst, an average-ish quarterback in the clutch.  He's a helluva lot better than 99-percent of people give him credit for, because him "letting fans down" has become one of the most heavily exaggerated points of the NFL circlejerk.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/nfl-myth-busting-tony-romo-and-the-dallas-cowboys-are-americas-chokers/23434/

In fact, that game-killing interception or fumble that he's "always good for" has happened just 11 times since his career started in 2006... a little more than once per season.  Romo's just as clutch as everyone else, he just plays under a thicker magnifying glass.

I didn't look at your link, but I sat in a San Antonio bar full of Cowboy fans every Sunday for 5 years. I don't care what stats say. I've seen it. The only thing Romo is consistent at is choking.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #80 : July 13, 2013, 06:10:49 PM »

I didn't look at your link, but I sat in a San Antonio bar full of Cowboy fans every Sunday for 5 years. I don't care what stats say. I've seen it. The only thing Romo is consistent at is choking.

I'm from San Antonio, grew up there, visit Fort Worth twice a year, and I have the complete opposite opinion.  And since when do fans have any idea what's what regarding their football team?  Half the people in Tampa Bay sports bars spent years thinking Cadillac Williams was one of the best backs in the league... if only he was healthy.. The collective consciousness is built around what ESPN perpetuates.  And that's the case with Tony Romo.

Do yourself a favor and click the link.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #81 : July 14, 2013, 02:22:04 PM »

I agree. I think by far the biggest problem with the Cowboys is organizationally. Put Romo on a real team with a real coach, real GM, and real owner, and people would fell differently about him. Guys like Aikman and Favre defend him. They know what's up.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #82 : July 14, 2013, 03:54:33 PM »

Hating on Tony Romo has become cliché.  The guy's been nothing but top-notch since he took over in Dallas, but he'll never get credit.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #83 : July 14, 2013, 04:19:49 PM »

Call Matty Ice origami. He folds.

Matty ice is perfect. He melts when the heat gets turned up.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #84 : July 14, 2013, 07:11:25 PM »

I'm from San Antonio, grew up there, visit Fort Worth twice a year, and I have the complete opposite opinion.  And since when do fans have any idea what's what regarding their football team?  Half the people in Tampa Bay sports bars spent years thinking Cadillac Williams was one of the best backs in the league... if only he was healthy.. The collective consciousness is built around what ESPN perpetuates.  And that's the case with Tony Romo.

Do yourself a favor and click the link.

I'm pretty sure JDUB is going to heap all the blame on the QB regardless of what the link says. He does the same thing with Freeman.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #85 : July 14, 2013, 09:00:59 PM »

Freeman has a ton of work to do. Until then, shove your franchise records up your anus because it did t give me pleasure watching last seasons manure. Losing season sucks azz no matter what you say.

Free is in charge of this. QB is the BMoC. He needs to tear it up. And you apologists need to watch the game instead of arguing like a bunch of dumbarses. Freeman sucks rocks when he gets rattled. Yay us!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #86 : July 14, 2013, 09:27:14 PM »

I don't understand since when did Cosell become a **CENSORED**ing NFL expert. Glennon isn't nothing like Matt Ryan..not even close.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #87 : July 14, 2013, 09:31:12 PM »

Since when?

Who knows.

But he is more regarded as an analyst than alldaway. No offense brother.

ingey1968

Starter

« #88 : July 14, 2013, 09:52:46 PM »

If i am not mistaken, Cosell said he has traits similar to Ryan. Doesnt mean he will be as good as him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #89 : July 14, 2013, 10:00:19 PM »

What are Matt Ryan traits?

As a fan this is what I think of Ryan.

He has some pocket climbing ability. He is primarily a pocket passer, who on third down will often throw to Roddy and mostly Tony. He has a slightly above average arm, good smarts, and he loves the game. He changed his body type to benefit him, as I thought he was a bit "Tom Brady-USB", which means he is slight of frame. But he bulked up to help that IMO. He has the best receiving group in the NFL as a group. Give Aaron Rodgers this group and he breaks all records.

That is what I think of Origami.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cosell talks Freeman « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools