Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams extension talks falling apart? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 13, 2013, 11:25:27 AM

Another smart move by Dom...let him play out his contract, its cheaper for us and also allows him to prove 2011 was just a fluke and that he is capeable of 1000+y. I'm not scare by drafting a #2 WR in 2014 if MW sucks next year, atleast we then did not tie ourselves to him with a big contract. 2014 looks like a 'strong'' WR class. Signing veterans is shortsighted anyway and hurts the franchise longtime, its all about drafting and guys like him you can find aynwhere.
Sense we're not privy to the negotiations what makes you are any of the rest of us for that matter think that we have any idea what's going on?  Should they just accept MW first offer and not negotiate?  How do you know what he's asking for?  Is he worth as much as Cruz?  I don't think anyone wants him to walk but the twitter thing is a little immature considering we're talking about multimillion dollar contracts.  I hope he gets paid as well but to act like you have a clue as to what's going on and to lay blame on one side or the other is craziness.

Seriously?  If no one could comment unless they knew exactly what was going the only people allowed to post on here would be players, coaches and agents.  STUPID post.  This is a message board.  Opinions and conjecture rule here.  According to you...everything must be fact or not posted.  HILARIOUS.  Might as well shut it down then.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#46 : July 13, 2013, 11:32:41 AM

Another smart move by Dom...let him play out his contract, its cheaper for us and also allows him to prove 2011 was just a fluke and that he is capeable of 1000+y. I'm not scare by drafting a #2 WR in 2014 if MW sucks next year, atleast we then did not tie ourselves to him with a big contract. 2014 looks like a 'strong'' WR class. Signing veterans is shortsighted anyway and hurts the franchise longtime, its all about drafting and guys like him you can find aynwhere.
Sense we're not privy to the negotiations what makes you are any of the rest of us for that matter think that we have any idea what's going on?  Should they just accept MW first offer and not negotiate?  How do you know what he's asking for?  Is he worth as much as Cruz?  I don't think anyone wants him to walk but the twitter thing is a little immature considering we're talking about multimillion dollar contracts.  I hope he gets paid as well but to act like you have a clue as to what's going on and to lay blame on one side or the other is craziness.

Seriously?  If no one could comment unless they knew exactly what was going the only people allowed to post on here would be players, coaches and agents.  STUPID post.  This is a message board.  Opinions and conjecture rule here.  According to you...everything must be fact or not posted.  HILARIOUS.  Might as well shut it down then.
Yea seriously!  Speaking of STUPID post, where did I say people other than players, coaches and agents aren't allowed to post?  I'm aware this is a message board but I stand by my post in that some of the opinions and conjecture (even mine) are craziness.  Relax dude and don't forget your meds today.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : July 13, 2013, 11:43:34 AM

For the same contract would you rather have Cruz or Williams?  I know that I'd take Cruz all day long. 

Well that sucks. Sorry you feel that way. I'd take Mike. Cruz is a speedster and I'd love to have him, but he can't go up and take jump balls away from defenders like Mike does. As long as Freeman is our QB, I'm taking Mike all day long.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 13, 2013, 11:48:32 AM

For the same contract would you rather have Cruz or Williams?  I know that I'd take Cruz all day long. 

Well that sucks. Sorry you feel that way. I'd take Mike. Cruz is a speedster and I'd love to have him, but he can't go up and take jump balls away from defenders like Mike does. As long as Freeman is our QB, I'm taking Mike all day long.
I like Cruz but I'm taking Mike. His ability to go get the ball is just nasty.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#49 : July 13, 2013, 11:58:26 AM

Yea seriously!  Speaking of STUPID post, where did I say people other than players, coaches and agents aren't allowed to post?  I'm aware this is a message board but I stand by my post in that some of the opinions and conjecture (even mine) are craziness.  Relax dude and don't forget your meds today.

LOL.  Sorry, I thought you were smarter and had better SENSE.  I'll explain...the only people that will ever know exactly what's going on are players, coaches and agents.  They are the only ones that are really "in the know".  We are just fans for the most part and part of being a fan is giving your opinions and prognostications(sorry, you may have to look that one up).  You pretty much implied that SINCE we don't know...it is "craziness".  IMHO, that is what makes this place what it is...a fan forum.  I took exception to your post.  I just explained why.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#50 : July 13, 2013, 01:21:37 PM

Oh great the spelling po po r in da hood.  Take exception to whatever you like, I really don't care.  IMO it's still craziness (you may be taking this word out of context genius) to place blame on anyone at this point for MW not being signed.   BTW my vocabulary is fine.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#51 : July 13, 2013, 01:28:32 PM

Yea I get what you guys are saying that MW will win most battles for the ball but I think Cruz is better at getting seperation and then taking it to the house.  IMO Cruz is more of a #1 type WR and they command more money so for the same price (after I take my pewter glasses off because I love having MW on the team as well) I'm still leaning toward Cruz. 

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#52 : July 13, 2013, 02:22:56 PM

Ya'll got Homer Disease!
Victor Cruz is waaaaay better than mikey will.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#53 : July 13, 2013, 03:00:44 PM

For the same contract would you rather have Cruz or Williams?

That's a damn good question...one that i'll have to ponder for a minute.

-------------------------------------------------------

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#54 : July 13, 2013, 03:31:29 PM

Yea I get what you guys are saying that MW will win most battles for the ball but I think Cruz is better at getting seperation and then taking it to the house.  IMO Cruz is more of a #1 type WR and they command more money so for the same price (after I take my pewter glasses off because I love having MW on the team as well) I'm still leaning toward Cruz.
If we had Peyton Manning, a QB who throws on rhythm and can hit guys across the middle in stride, yeah, Cruz might be a better option. Unfortunately we need receivers who will win 50-50 balls and both Mike and VJAX are elite in that category thus Williams is a more important asset than a guy like Cruz would be.

We're still at the point where we need receivers to make our QB look good and guys like Mike do that better than guys like Cruz.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#55 : July 13, 2013, 04:11:48 PM

If the receivers are making the QB look good then Wiliams' value to the offence is greater than Freeman's.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#56 : July 13, 2013, 04:26:47 PM

Take into account the discrepancy in QB play, and how would Cruz be able to adjust to the misfirings of one Joshua Freeman?  When Cruz has to expose his ribs how well will he look?  When he has to slow down to catch a ball that is a little late how is he going to look?

Williams fits this offense better. Fact.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#57 : July 13, 2013, 04:45:21 PM

Mike Williams tweeted this like an hour ago so PFT looks like an idiot....again

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#58 : July 13, 2013, 04:57:05 PM

Like I said before Cruz gets separation.  Williams not as much.  If Williams could get more separation there wouldn't be as many jump balls assuming #5 could get the ball there.  Go take a look at their highlights you'll see what I'm talking about.  Cruz is more open, more often. I want MW to get signed as much as you guys do but I'm not ready to say he's worth Cruz money.  6.5 to 7mil year ain't bad money for playing a game.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#59 : July 13, 2013, 05:09:03 PM

Cruz does his damage from the slot where you often have off coverage and its your job to find an open window. I'd take Mike over him, but they are both outstanding.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams extension talks falling apart? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools