Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams extension talks falling apart? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#60 : July 13, 2013, 05:50:05 PM

Like I said before Cruz gets separation.  Williams not as much.  If Williams could get more separation there wouldn't be as many jump balls assuming #5 could get the ball there.  Go take a look at their highlights you'll see what I'm talking about.  Cruz is more open, more often. I want MW to get signed as much as you guys do but I'm not ready to say he's worth Cruz money.  6.5 to 7mil year ain't bad money for playing a game.

It's not even close...Cruz can eat off his own skillset while MW19 requires VJax and jumpballs.......take it how ya want it but that's the facts.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#61 : July 13, 2013, 06:22:33 PM

Like I said before Cruz gets separation.  Williams not as much.  If Williams could get more separation there wouldn't be as many jump balls assuming #5 could get the ball there.  Go take a look at their highlights you'll see what I'm talking about.  Cruz is more open, more often. I want MW to get signed as much as you guys do but I'm not ready to say he's worth Cruz money.  6.5 to 7mil year ain't bad money for playing a game.

That's a pretty large assumption. When's the last time you say Joshua hit a WR on a slant in stride?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#62 : July 13, 2013, 06:34:04 PM

Mike Williams tweeted this like an hour ago so PFT looks like an idiot....again

Is that English?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#63 : July 13, 2013, 06:39:47 PM

no grammar police on twitter

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#64 : July 13, 2013, 07:07:12 PM

its amazing to me to see so many who do not believe Mwill deserves a raise.  of course, none of us know what he's askin, and if he's askin for 9+ a year, he's out of line.  But the kid has WAY outperformed his 4th round contract and it would be a shame to see him leave because we wont pay him what he's worth.  he's had almost 200 receptions in 3 years, theres not to many recievers who done this who aren't "elite" recievers. IMO ..would send a BAD message to the young, core, drafted players...keep in mind, in 4 games, Revis will make more than Williams' entire 4 year contract. Id also argue that Mwill is worth more longterm to this teams success than Vjax,. What has he done NOT to deserve a nice "vote of confidence"...then again, none of us know what going on behind closed doors.  BTW...Id take Mwill over Cruz all day....lets see who produces more.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#65 : July 13, 2013, 07:14:50 PM

BTW...Id take Mwill over Cruz all day....lets see who produces more.

/credibility

mikey will can't touch Victor Cruz
: July 13, 2013, 07:25:00 PM TheChronicHotAir

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#66 : July 13, 2013, 07:20:28 PM

what year did he take off? he's caught 65 passes for 3 straight seasons....what are Cruz's 3 year stats?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#67 : July 13, 2013, 07:21:28 PM

Williams is a gamer. Pay the man.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#68 : July 13, 2013, 07:26:33 PM

just sad to see Buc fans rooting for another player over one of our own...actually its PATHETIC.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#69 : July 13, 2013, 08:25:29 PM

Gotta pay him market value should have done it sooner.

Even Peyton Manning could not maintain without Wayne and Harrison. The whole NFL figured this out years ago. You need weapons or you will no longer have a franchise QB.

PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!!! ???

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#70 : July 13, 2013, 08:27:47 PM

just sad to see Buc fans rooting for another player over one of our own...actually its PATHETIC.
Are you really going to go there?  MW is da man and we all hope he gets paid and stays a Buc for many years but to say one guy is better than the other doesn't make us any less of a fan.  If I say Rodgers is a better QB than Free does that make me a Packers fan.  I don't think so.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#71 : July 13, 2013, 08:28:43 PM

Gotta pay him market value should have done it sooner.

Even Peyton Manning could not maintain without Wayne and Harrison. The whole NFL figured this out years ago. You need weapons or you will no longer have a franchise QB.

PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!!! ???
How much GR?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#72 : July 13, 2013, 08:43:17 PM

Look I think he's worth 6-7 million per year for a player with his skills. For a player with his skills who is in rhythm with the starting QB and he knows the system and is in the prime of his career. I guess about 8 million per year is feasible. Simply because I believe that you need two great weapons in order for your QB to succeed. At least two.

I would pull the trigger on a 5 year 40 million deal with the guaranteed money up front. If he is asking for more than 8 then all you can say is that it's too bad they didn't draft a replacement for him. There is no plan B on the roster.

Who knows what they're thinking. Neither Freeman nor MW under contract beyond this year. Looks like we may be in a perpetual rebuilding state.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#73 : July 13, 2013, 08:57:14 PM

Name the core players on offense. I mean the young players we drafted that we are building around.
Josh Freeman
Mike Williams
Doug Martin

That's it. 2 out of 3 aren't under contract beyond this year.

It's shocking. What if? We lose both MW and Freeman? That would put us into a rebuilding mode really fast.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#74 : July 13, 2013, 09:04:53 PM

Look I think he's worth 6-7 million per year for a player with his skills. For a player with his skills who is in rhythm with the starting QB and he knows the system and is in the prime of his career. I guess about 8 million per year is feasible. Simply because I believe that you need two great weapons in order for your QB to succeed. At least two.

I would pull the trigger on a 5 year 40 million deal with the guaranteed money up front. If he is asking for more than 8 then all you can say is that it's too bad they didn't draft a replacement for him. There is no plan B on the roster.

Who knows what they're thinking. Neither Freeman nor MW under contract beyond this year. Looks like we may be in a perpetual rebuilding state.
Sounds legit, I've said all along I think he's worth 6.5 right now.  One question, Who's this starting QB he's in rhythm with you're referring to?  MW makes his living going up for jump balls.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams extension talks falling apart? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools