Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams extension talks falling apart? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« : July 12, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »

Mike Williams frustrated with deal or caps lock

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 12, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT

A month ago, Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams said he was “very close” to a new contract.

Now that his definition of close has been turned upside down, Williams is either frustrated by the lack of movement toward a deal, or he’s talking about something else very loudly with his caps lock stuck.

“I FEEL LIKE MY FAMILY DON’T WANT ME,” he tweeted yesterday. “HAVENT I BEEN EVERYTHING YOU WANTED AND MORE WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YALL. .. AND WE SAY FAMILY FIRST.”

As Stephen Holder of the Tampa Bay Times points out, “family” is one of Bucs coach Greg Schiano’s go-to buzz-words, which he often uses as an acronym meaning “Forget about me, I love you.”

Whether it’s from his Bucs family, or his own family, Williams obviously isn’t feeling the love right now, and it makes him want to yell at our eyeballs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/12/mike-williams-frustrated-with-deal-or-caps-lock/

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #1 : July 12, 2013, 12:56:49 PM »

PAY DA MAN!

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #2 : July 12, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »

PFT is trying to start something out of nothing.. Because why would he not feel wanted by us if they are already engaged in contract negotiations?

This is stupid.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #3 : July 12, 2013, 01:03:15 PM »

PFT is trying to start something out of nothing.. Because why would he not feel wanted by us if they are already engaged in contract negotiations?

This is stupid.

Direct from his twitter feed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Mike Williams * @Mikebuc19

I FEEL LIKE MY FAMILY DON'T WANT ME....HAVENT I BEEN EVERYTHING YOU WANTED AND MORE WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YALL. .. AND WE SAY FAMILY FIRST
3:57 PM - 11 Jul 2013

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #4 : July 12, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »

If its for the contract stuff just pay the man but I don't know if it is.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #5 : July 12, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »

Step away from Twitter, Mike.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

« #6 : July 12, 2013, 01:25:23 PM »

Another smart move by Dom...let him play out his contract, its cheaper for us and also allows him to prove 2011 was just a fluke and that he is capeable of 1000+y. I'm not scare by drafting a #2 WR in 2014 if MW sucks next year, atleast we then did not tie ourselves to him with a big contract. 2014 looks like a 'strong'' WR class. Signing veterans is shortsighted anyway and hurts the franchise longtime, its all about drafting and guys like him you can find aynwhere.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #7 : July 12, 2013, 01:39:47 PM »

My guess is Mike doesn't play poker and putting all his feelings out for public consumption probably won't endear him to S and Dom.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« #8 : July 12, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »

Another smart move by Dom...let him play out his contract, its cheaper for us and also allows him to prove 2011 was just a fluke and that he is capeable of 1000+y. I'm not scare by drafting a #2 WR in 2014 if MW sucks next year, atleast we then did not tie ourselves to him with a big contract. 2014 looks like a 'strong'' WR class. Signing veterans is shortsighted anyway and hurts the franchise longtime, its all about drafting and guys like him you can find aynwhere.
Sense we're not privy to the negotiations what makes you are any of the rest of us for that matter think that we have any idea what's going on?  Should they just accept MW first offer and not negotiate?  How do you know what he's asking for?  Is he worth as much as Cruz?  I don't think anyone wants him to walk but the twitter thing is a little immature considering we're talking about multimillion dollar contracts.  I hope he gets paid as well but to act like you have a clue as to what's going on and to lay blame on one side or the other is craziness.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #9 : July 12, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »

Laughing @ "Pay Da' Man".... 1.4 million!!!

Quit being such a baby, Mike Will !   :P :D

QaZ

Hall of Famer

« #10 : July 12, 2013, 01:51:32 PM »

Sense we're not privy to the negotiations what makes you are any of the rest of us for that matter think that we have any idea what's going on?  Should they just accept MW first offer and not negotiate?  How do you know what he's asking for?  Is he worth as much as Cruz?  I don't think anyone wants him to walk but the twitter thing is a little immature considering we're talking about multimillion dollar contracts.  I hope he gets paid as well but to act like you have a clue as to what's going on and to lay blame on one side or the other is craziness.

My post was not referring to Dom or MW much at all.

Anyway, did Dom ever say he wanted to extend him this offseason? I did not really follow it, but it seems all i hear is reports and MW talking about it. Dom apparently did not disclaimed it though.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« #11 : July 12, 2013, 01:58:25 PM »

My post was not referring to Dom or MW much at all.

Anyway, did Dom ever say he wanted to extend him this offseason? I did not really follow it, but it seems all i hear is reports and MW talking about it. Dom apparently did not disclaimed it though.
And I was just making a point not necessarily directed at you.  Like I said I hope they sign the man but you can't do it any price.  There has to be a fair number that can be reached by both sides, or at least I hope there is.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #12 : July 12, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »

Since when does family first equal overpay me?

Dom has a figure what Mike is worth and he'll get that amount offered. I mean how much money do we tie up in WRs? If we have the right QB, another WR will step up. I hope we resign Mike but we've spent a lot of money recently so we need to make sure we're spending it wisely.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #13 : July 12, 2013, 02:32:12 PM »

If the Bucs let MWilliams walk I think they will regret it..... VJackson is great right now, but he will be 31 years old next year and looks to be slowing down already (2012 Saints game). In the event Williams has a baller season, I think we would be better off trading or even cutting Jackson and signing Williams to a hefty contract. Just my .02.

------------------------------

Think about it, if we traded Vjax next offseason we would surely land a 1st or 2nd round pick. With that just draft a WR early in 2014 line him up as your #2. You get to pay him rookie salary and still get to keep a receiving threat opposite Williams. You now have a WR with an entire career ahead of him as opposed to an older slower guy who once was great, but may not be able to jump as high.
« : July 12, 2013, 02:38:24 PM TampaBucks05 »

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #14 : July 12, 2013, 02:38:14 PM »

If the Bucs let MWilliams walk I think they will regret it..... VJackson is great right now, but he will be 31 years old next year and looks to be slowing down already (2012 Saints game). In the event Williams has a baller season, I think we would be better off trading or even cutting Jackson and signing Williams to a hefty contract. Just my .02.

Why would Williams have a "baller season"? ?

Better defense = less throwing

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams extension talks falling apart? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools